Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #20

Vault 31  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which experiment would you choose?

• Fill up the population with as many confirmed psychopaths that have yet been convicted of murder.
    • Fill up the population with pacifists but also fill the vault with as much weapons and ammo as possible.
    • Have hidden speakers constantly play tapes backwards that tell the dwellers to do horrible things to each other.
    • Fill up the population with prude people and make the vault suits disintegrate over time.
    • Fill the vault with a ridiculous amount of alcohol and the equipment to make more.

I dont at all give a rats ass about minecraft, or pokemon anymore but what this guy did is phenomenal. He actually programmed and used code inside the fucking game to make pokemon, the game playable INSIDE minecraft.

The dude has code made from blocks n shit and the screen you play the game on is made from retextured in game items.

It would be like someone using Fallout 4's shitty settlement system to build Fallout New Vegas inside Fallout 4 and have it be playable XD 

Watching them go through the underbelly where all the code for the game actually is located in the world was like some matrix shit seeing the code visible around you in a physical realm SUPER cool.

The guy's a literal genius to understand and even begin starting this:

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I’m not worried, they have a net worth of 1 billion and are based in a country where that may as well be 3.

And they’ve shown they’re quick to drop employees and overlook their self interests in favor of the final product.

It is a shame for them though but the product itself will be fine. Even if their backers pressure them they’re not gonna release a huge project like this before it’s ready.

This does explain the stupid anime crossovers though. At worst we might see Geralt coming out of retirement in unseemly ways and perhaps pushing forward another Witcher game of some sort but Cyberpunk is their baby and they know with how ambitious this is, that if they don’t get it right they’re gonna fuck themselves over pretty bad.

I honestly find it cute people keep looking for signs of CDPR sweating or fuckin up in some way, because I honestly think it just shows how intimidated people are by their presence in the gaming industry.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Also, laying off 12 people from a company ain’t a big deal really, a lot of people work there. 

Not from CD itself, but GOG (CD is their parent company) It would be a huge shame if something happened to GoG, because it's the best place for game preservation currently. 

Aside from all that you guys do know how important CDPR is to the Polish govt and their people as a whole right?

It was a rumor for Witcher 3 I think but we know for sure that the Polish govt is contributing to CDPR monetarily:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamesradar.com/amp/witcher-developer-cd-projekt-red-get-7-million-from-the-polish-government-towards-its-next-game/

If they’re feeling the heat and it effects Cyberpunk, I guarantee they have enough support at home to make up for it.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Not from CD itself, but GOG (CD is their parent company) It would be a huge shame if something happened to GoG, because it's the best place for game preservation currently. 

I was talking about GoG specifically ;) Reading their employee reviews, people come and go from that place on the regular.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Aside from all that you guys do know how important CDPR is to the Polish govt and their people as a whole is right?

It was a rumor for Witcher 3 I think but we know for sure that the Polish govt is contributing to CDPR monetarily:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamesradar.com/amp/witcher-developer-cd-projekt-red-get-7-million-from-the-polish-government-towards-its-next-game/

If they’re feeling the heat and it effects Cyberpunk, I guarantee they have enough support at home to make up for it.

The Polish President also gave the Witcher 2 Limited Edition to Obama as a gift XD 

Something else I find interesting is that one of the objectives of their research and the purpose of the donated money was “seamless multiplayer”, which we know CDPR isn’t really interested in trying for Cyberpunk, at least not right now or even shortly after launch.

That tells me they have enough financial comfort to play around with ideas on shit that they may or may not even bother with in the future.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Something else I find interesting is that one of the objectives of their research and the purpose of the donated money was “seamless multiplayer”, which we know CDPR isn’t really interested in trying for Cyberpunk, at least not right now or even shortly after launch.

That tells me they have enough financial comfort to play around with ideas on shit that they may or may not even bother with in the future.

I guess that would be something like Dank Souls multiplayer? Fully integrated into the singleplayer game. 

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I guess that would be something like Dank Souls multiplayer? Fully integrated into the singleplayer game. 

No idea, but thats what I assumed. I said before that I wouldn't freak if they tried it though yea, I'd rather they didn't. But if anyone could do it and do it well for what's otherwise a story driven single player rpg, they could. 

But even so, I'm happy that they decided not to go that route supposedly. Perhaps for something else once they're financially secure and Cyberpunk is the hit they wanted it to be.

55 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently CD fired a dozen employees for GoG, and Throne Breaker and Gwent sold very poorly.

Gwent was free...

23 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yeah, this was big news when it happened. CDPR is gonna be fine. They went from AA to one of the biggest and most financially supported companies in the industry practically overnight. There’s gonna be a lot of movement and news revolving around them for years.

• Haha 1

*Dark Spirit Geralt of Rivia invades* 

No thanks. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Gwent was free...

Yeah, this was big news when it happened. CDPR is gonna be fine. They went from AA to one of the biggest and most financially supported companies in the industry practically overnight. There’s gonna be a lot of movement and news revolving around them for years.

I think I was confused then XD Gwent is in Thronebreakers kinda right? So maybe it was just a reference to a single game, Thronebreakers (Which has Gwent...) 

I almost wish the US had a relationship with a gaming company like this, but even with all the money in the world, and all the development time in the world, EA still manages to colossally fuck up what should've been an easy money maker.

I never thought anyone could fuck up Star Wars but both EA and that dumb bitch from Disney found a way, lol.

Just goes to show, lots of money does not a good game make. CDPR is just rare in that they are both competent, self aware, AND have a lot of financial backing. Holy Trinity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

*Dark Spirit Geralt of Rivia invades* 

No thanks. 

I think I was confused then XD Gwent is in Thronebreakers kinda right? So maybe it was just a reference to a single game, Thronebreakers (Which has Gwent...) 

Thronebreakers is literally Gwent based, lol, its a card game. It's just played differently.