Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #18

A poll of ice and fire  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which House would you choose?

• Targaryen
    • Baratheon

5 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

To me it just feels like the narrative is pushing you in that direction far more than any other. That’s the problem actually, that you can’t really make the inquisition what you want it to be. It simply is. 

Youre literally a prophet. “Herald of Andraste”. You carry that name even if you denounce it.

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, when things get bleak in the mountains, your soldiers restore morale by singing hyms. It’s hard to detach the Inquisition from Andraste.

A name you're given because you're carrying elven magic and had the aid of a spirit in the Fade. Just because the Andrastians believe one thing, doesn't make it so. Right after that scene with the hymns, Solas takes you aside to tell you to use the adulation of humans to achieve your purposes, and you discuss the orb, which is the true nature of your power.

1 hour ago, Celan said:

A name you're given because you're carrying elven magic and had the aid of a spirit in the Fade. Just because the Andrastians believe one thing, doesn't make it so. Right after that scene with the hymns, Solas takes you aside to tell you to use the adulation of humans to achieve your purposes, and you discuss the orb, which is the true nature of your power.

Which is a perfect example of what I said ;) that the game narrative puts a lot of the elven stuff in the background and the inquisition stuff is in the forefront.

No one cares about the true nature of the orb because no matter what they can say it was the will of the maker. You’re always the herald regardless of what Solas says and the narrative primarily follows this angle. You still have to lead humans, still have to house the chantry who was responsible for sending Templars to hunt your people once upon a time and still involve yourself with human politics for the majority of the game as the herald of Andraste, not the herald of the dread wolf. 

Which for me, made it awkward to play as an elf at all. Like the main quest was annoying constant filler I had to sift through to get to my actual story. 

You can even kill your people off accidentally in a silly mini game on the map and no one even cares.

Doesnt mean I think it’s not worth playing an elf, it certainly is for the lore and all but I can’t say it’s the most appropriate play through. You still get most of the lore drops anyway so long as Solas is in the party and you bring him along. And a lot of it involves Tevinter as much as elven. The false gods being their gods and what become arch demons. It’s interwoven.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

The Andrastian angle is all illusion. Your power rests on closing rifts which requires no faith in Andraste. The political follows on that. As I mentioned, Cass and Leliana have virtually no sway on their own. So there's nothing consequential about playing an Andrastian character.

That the right and left hand of the divine declared the inquisition legitimate is the only reason it was ever accepted at all, it’s just not true that they had no sway. Especially since one of them is even considered for the spot of Divine. Or both, actually. And your lieutenants 3 out of 4 are all involved with the chantry. Ones even a Templar.

It doesn’t matter if it’s illusion or not, the game still constantly follows it, making you believe it and doubt it and hope for it to be true, then doubting it again. It’s a constant theme you can’t escape from the beginning of the game to its very end with the chantry business. 

That your only choices are to disband or fall under chantry control speaks volumes.

31 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That the right and left hand of the divine declared the inquisition legitimate is the only reason it was ever accepted at all, it’s just not true that they had no sway. Especially since one of them is even considered for the spot of Divine. Or both, actually. And your lieutenants 3 out of 4 are all involved with the chantry. Ones even a Templar.

It doesn’t matter if it’s illusion or not, the game still constantly follows it, making you believe it and doubt it and hope for it to be true, then doubting it again. It’s a constant theme you can’t escape from the beginning of the game to its very end with the chantry business. 

That your only choices are to disband or fall under chantry control speaks volumes.

They're only considered after you give the organization power. You can't even meet clerics on their meaningless titles. That's why you have to run around the Hinterlands collecting blankets.

As for belief, I knew it was bullshit from the first and told everyone so.

Anyway I think we're going in circles now.

@Celan We are but you know me, stubborn lol. I’ll just say that you had to run around giving everyone blankets because that game was ass lol and it had very little content, plus it was unfortunately trying to be Skyrim and an mmo.

And you can tell everyone it’s bullshit, but they still call you the Herald of Andraste.

If you thought the game was bad before, Beth has done the impossible and made it much worse

F5.jpg

2000 Atoms is about 25 dollars. 

Oh and there implementing Lootboxes (even though they promised they wouldn't) AS WELL as keeping the other micro transactions (and it's still retailing for full price) 

https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-76/fallout-76-lunchboxes

This kinda of monetisation would make EA blush. Beth...

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Not better if true, shit like this was bad when it used to cost 5 dollars. Horse armor used to be a meme, but this makes horse armor dlc look good.

Horse armor also gave a quest, and...looked kinda cool I guess. So yeah, i'd pay for Horse Armor any day over this bullshit

Remeber those super cool houses packs? Those we're only like four fucking bucks, and they we're packed with so much details and extra content. (Like discovering that secret passageway in the Castle, fighting the lich and claiming that super badass sword)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Horse armor also gave a quest, and...looked kinda cool I guess. So yeah, i'd pay for Horse Armor any day over this bullshit

Remeber those super cool houses packs? Those we're only like four fucking bucks, and they we're packed with so much details and extra content. (Like discovering that secret passageway in the Castle, fighting the lich and claiming that super badass sword)

That sword was my favorite. The dragon sword of Lainlyn.

• Like 1

Just now, The Secret Sunbro said:

Usually 3000 so 30 for a fucking outfit?

Todd would say it's three outfits XD But yeah for ten bucks less , you can buy Curse of the Vampire Coast, an actual expansion for TWW2, which includes Undead Pirates.

total-war-warhammer-ii-curse-of-the-vamp 

Bethesda is just finding new ways to piss of it's audience.