Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #12

Pick the Princes that you, a denizen of Tamriel, would most want to worship from each group  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Group 1

• Azura
    • Mehrunes Dagon
    • Vaermina
    • Nocturnal
    • Sheogorath
  2. 2. Group 2

• Hermaeus Mora
    • Malacath
    • Meridia
    • Namira
    • Sanguine
  3. 3. Round 3

• Peryite
    • Clavicus Vile
    • Boethiah
    • Hircine
    • Mephala
    • Molag Bal

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I don’t remember the tavern being any more negative than the chapel. And all stress relief places have quirks associated with it. Those quirks are mainly about locking them out of one, several or all but one of all the stress relief actions. Flagelants can only stress relieve themselves by flagelation in the chapel, gambling addiction is the same but for gambling. The only quirk that I remember that is something different is skilled gambler which just means they lose less money in the gambling hall.

I've beaten the game twice and I play it regularly I know my shit :ranger:

The Chapel, especially the Penance Hall give more stress relief, and you can't get a horribly deliberating disease from it. Furthermore, gambling has a chance of the hero loosing his super rare trinket. DONT do it Colonel. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

What are the gameplay effects of your hero having syphilis? XD 

-5 ACC
-10% DMG

-10% Max HP

Which is a whole lot of fucking nope cause it basically cripples them.

@ColonelKillaBee Which reminds me. Colonel if you want to save money on removing diseases, the Graverobber and the Plauge Doctor have special camping skills that let them remove there and other heroes diseases. It's super handy, so make sure you unlock those for them.

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I've beaten the game twice and I play it regularly I know my shit :ranger:

The Chapel, especially the Penance Hall give more stress relief, and you can't get a horribly deliberating disease from it. Furthermore, gambling has a chance of the hero loosing his super rare trinket. DONT do it Colonel. 

Now that you mention it, I do remember one character losing a trinket in gambling. Still, I’ve never had any character get any disease in the brothel. Only in dungeons. But then again, late game diseases are cheap and easy to cure. And the gambling thing is rare that I’ve only had it happen once.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

Just now, Witchking of Angmar said:

Looking at the official wiki for the tavern and the abbey, both sides can have negative and positive outcomes. The only real disadvantage the tavern has over the chapel is the risk of losing a trinket. 

It says none of that. Penance hall has the greatest stress relief in the game. Brothel gives you diseases (I've said that a billion times) And you can loose a trinket. 

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It says none of that. Penance hall has the greatest stress relief in the game. Brothel gives you diseases (I've said that a billion times) And you can loose a trinket. 

It lists all possible positive and negative outcomes for all places. It also lists costs and stress relief for all places and all levels. The brothel and penance hall are equally comparable when it comes to stress relief. Same with transept being equal to gambling and cloister with drinking. 

Edited by Witchking of Angmar

Just now, Witchking of Angmar said:

It lists all possible positive and negative outcomes for all places. It also lists costs and stress relief for all and all levels. The brothel and penance hall are equally comparable when it comes to stress relief. Same as with transept with gambling and cloister with drinking. 

But the Penance Hall dosen't give you a fucking STD. They aren't equal. If I was Colonel I would listen to the guy who beat the game twice, and not the dude who gave up cause the RNG got to him :duelbow: End of discussion.

BTW Colonel, next chance you get you should recruit an Antiquarian. This is how much she was able to get on Short level 1 XD(She lets you carry extra sacks of gold, and can get special artifacts that stack and are worth a ton. Make sure you have HER INTERACT With the curios and nobody else)

PAXKiZb.jpg

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So no one knows about the backer heroes you can get by typing in their names? Seems kinda cheap, but I guess it keeps you from being stuck because you lost all the decent characters

Who have you lost XD 

Nobody on this playthrough yet. Once you have a balanced party, and learn to prepare adequately it’s much easier. Something else that messed me up, didn’t understand the light mechanics. Gonna play with that, see if I can’t get some better loot fighting in pitch black.

Question, say I stumbled into a boss in the dark and used my torches afterwards. Do they get easier or stay the same?

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

But the Penance Hall dosen't give you a fucking STD. They aren't equal. If I was Colonel I would listen to the guy who beat the game twice, and not the dude who gave up cause the RNG got to him :duelbow: End of discussion.

I said equal in the amount of stress relief they give. So don't give me that bullshit. It's the official wiki I linked to. Which means it's maintained or at least supported by the developers. All numbers are correct. Colonel can make that of what he will. 

That was a good tactic in the Early Access version, but you sure as hell don't want to do it anymore. If your torch light is zero there's a very high chance of the game spawning a Shambler to stalk you in the halls. It's a fucking brutal mini boss, and a Lovecraftian nightmare. Trust me you don't want to fight this fucker until your somewhat experienced. It always drops an Ancestral (equivalent to an epic rarity trinket) trinket, but the game makes you fucking fight for it. 

And most of the time, but if your unlucky enough to get a Shambler fight, because of it's shadow magic, you can can't increase the Torch Level. Trust me dude the extra loot aint worth it. The stress builds up crazily. Always mantain your torchlight. (The way I do it is I wait till it gets to dim and only use one. You want to ration your torches, they'll last you through if you follow the item guide.) 

22 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I’ve ebetered a new level of broke my dudes.... I was just sweating bullets buying ramen noodles XD

Watch the Ramen my man :( I love that shit, but even one pack has so much fucking sodium it's like drinking a river of salt.

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So no one knows about the backer heroes you can get by typing in their names? Seems kinda cheap, but I guess it keeps you from being stuck because you lost all the decent characters

There's that, and Redhook was operating on an Honor System. You can use it, but Redhook trusts you not to abuse it. And they all have one shitty quirk.