Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #12

Pick the Princes that you, a denizen of Tamriel, would most want to worship from each group  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Group 1

• Azura
    • Mehrunes Dagon
    • Vaermina
    • Nocturnal
    • Sheogorath
  2. 2. Group 2

• Hermaeus Mora
    • Malacath
    • Meridia
    • Namira
    • Sanguine
  3. 3. Round 3

• Peryite
    • Clavicus Vile
    • Boethiah
    • Hircine
    • Mephala
    • Molag Bal

@BigBossBalrog I get the nostalgia. Non voiced protagonists seems to be largely a thing of the past for AAA titles nowadays which is sad but unlike non voiced protagonists I don’t think the game benefitted from fixed cameras. 

Even cellphone games are starting to abandon it. I wouldn’t bother with tat in a modern title.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It'll piss you off as a Parthia fan too. They only have right now...six or seven unique units, compared to like...the fuck all Roma has. 

Probably could have gotten the full mod by now if the dev team didn't focus on giving Rome literally AOE legionary units from every single fucking province

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Probably could have gotten the full mod by now if the dev team didn't focus on giving Rome literally AOE legionary units from every single fucking province

Roman fans tend to be autism incarnate. Only people worse are the Whemanboos. It needs to be every single fucking legion. No every single Cohort. Look at me XD

19 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Non voiced protagonists seems to be largely a thing of the past for AAA titles nowadays 

Still crossing my fingers for TES VI. Bethesda are in a somewhat unique position where taking the easy route and not giving the protagonist a voice would likely be more popular with fans than not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Still crossing my fingers for TES VI. Bethesda are in a somewhat unique position where taking the easy route and not giving the protagonist a voice would likely be more popular with fans than not.

Honestly I think it aint going to happen. Beth aint stupid. They know how bad the backlash was for 4. And I dont think they want to hire twenty different Voice Actors.

So I finally got to playing and finishing A Machine for Pigs. It's been in my backlog for eternity (I told myself no new games until I finish the ones I have XD). I think I watched a playthrough a long time ago didn't like it at all then. But man was I wrong.

If you want a horror game that doesn't terrify as much as horrify the player, then you should give it a go. It isn't quite as good as Dark Descent, but it's frighteningly good in it's own right. I would go as far to say it's an underrated gem. Very atmospheric. 

3700.jpg

release_2_26851.jpg

amnesia_1.jpg?format=1500w

The game is super unsettling. Deals with some very dark themes. Wanted to throw up some of the time. Really effected me. It has some aspects of cosmic horror, but goes with an industrial theme of the Victorian era, and all the horror that came with it.

The Amnesia duology is on sale for four bucks right now. Best time to jump in if you want some of the most atmospheric games of the last decade.

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

This is from the developer of that game. I thought Dear Esther was interesting, but any further games from them get a hard pass.

Hide contents

Sounds like jealousy and tastes like pure unrefined salt.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

6 minutes ago, Celan said:

This is from the developer of that game. I thought Dear Esther was interesting, but any further games from them get a hard pass.

Reveal hidden contents

The Chinese Room is known to by ultra hipsters. I can still fully appreciate a work, while disagreeing with an author on things. There talented devs. I've never played Dear Esther though. I dont think it's horror.

I don't even know why there talking about Cyberpunk though. There style of game is completely different and it draws a different  niche crowd. Walking sims and horror titles. Why be jealous?

And calling something sexist is pretty fucking hypocritical, cause a Machine for Pigs follows the Victorian era framing of woman. As it completely irreverent, practically no existing (the only female character is the protagonist's dead wife who died in childbirth) and only good for breeding.