Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #12

Pick the Princes that you, a denizen of Tamriel, would most want to worship from each group  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Group 1

• Azura
    • Mehrunes Dagon
    • Vaermina
    • Nocturnal
    • Sheogorath
  2. 2. Group 2

• Hermaeus Mora
    • Malacath
    • Meridia
    • Namira
    • Sanguine
  3. 3. Round 3

• Peryite
    • Clavicus Vile
    • Boethiah
    • Hircine
    • Mephala
    • Molag Bal

Papa? XD If anyone's "papa" around here it's me. I am the oldest male after all. *lifts nose* *pounds chest*

Anyway I won't lie, it's a lot of fun, albeit brutal. Gonna have to save up some cash, blew away a lot of it on some random adventurers, and they sucked, except the werewolf. But, they all died including one of my original heroes who I liked. He was a badass rogue :( He will be missed. They also didn't have a healer, and got wreck'd when I forgot to use a torch and the enemies turned much tougher.

But, I still have my knight, my chick healer with a mace, and my plague doctor. He kinda sucks but I like him, lol.

Been lowering my OG party's stress while I practice with the noobs. Now I'm bringing them back, need gold.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Papa? XD If anyone's "papa" around here it's me. I am the oldest male after all. *lifts nose* *pounds chest*

Anyway I won't lie, it's a lot of fun, albeit brutal. Gonna have to save up some cash, blew away a lot of it on some random adventurers, and they sucked, except the werewolf. But, they all died including one of my original heroes who I liked. He was a badass rogue :( He will be missed. They also didn't have a healer, and got wreck'd when I forgot to use a torch and the enemies turned much tougher.

But, I still have my knight, my chick healer with a mace, and my plague doctor. He kinda sucks but I like him, lol.

Been lowering my OG party's stress while I practice with the noobs. Now I'm bringing them back, need gold.

Oh you lost Dismas already :( Never feel bad about restarting XD I did it twice. Though you should never be in a situation like that, because heroes are free. I would read up a little. You using curios effectively right?  And always remember, everyone and the end of the day is expendable. 

LOL you liking the Ancestor? His narration makes the game so much cooler. 

58 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh you lost Dismas already :( Never feel bad about restarting XD I did it twice. Though you should never be in a situation like that, because heroes are free. I would read up a little. You using curios effectively right?  And always remember, everyone and the end of the day is expendable. 

LOL you liking the Ancestor? His narration makes the game so much cooler. 

Yea I lost Dismas... :( 

I think I will start over, tbh that last quest put me in a pretty sucky spot because I had no idea what I'd need exactly. 

Also, no I don't really understand what "curios" are. Things you can interact with on the road? I have been finding books and treasures and such. If that's what that is. 

And yea, the Ancestor's awesome. The narration is excellent, would love to hear the guy read some cosmic horror stories.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea I lost Dismas... :( 

I think I will start over, tbh that last quest put me in a pretty sucky spot because I had no idea what I'd need exactly. 

Also, no I don't really understand what "curios" are. Things you can interact with on the road? I have been finding books and treasures and such. If that's what that is. 

And yea, the Ancestor's awesome. The narration is excellent, would love to hear the guy read some cosmic horror stories.

So you find curio's randomly in dungeons. And you use a supply item to interact with that curio to get different stuff depending on which item you use. For example, in the ruins if you find an urn of ashes, you can use holy water to get a bunch of gems! That's the secret of making alot of money. Here's a simple guide to Curios.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=386706480

And this is another useful one, explains the interworkings of each zone (cause there really different from each other.)

https://darkestdungeon.gamepedia.com/Expeditions_Guide

• Thanks 1

But yeah the Highwayman is a really awesome class. Very versatile. BTW you only have half of their moves unlocked at the start, you can only select four at a time, but there's more you can get if you take them to the guild, and can swap them out. Another piece of advice is ALWAYS have someone who can heal stress and heal health. The Crusader has an ability that heals stress, I would grab that right away.

Dismas's backstory is depressing as fuck though.

fe0ab6f61dd75a10744f82891e365f1b.jpg

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

It isn't explained well :D You have at on PS4 right? You should start a new playthrough with your new knowledge, Suffer with Colonel.

I’ve actually got it on my laptop. I don’t have many games there, since it’s not built for gaming, but Darkesr Dungeon runs pretty well on it. I’m already to/past the first series of bosses though, so I don’t think I’ll restart. 

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ah k I havent found any curios that needed cleansing yet, and I've started over for the third time XD Maybe I should try the first difficulty for a bit.

Nah. I'll just git gud.

There's no shame going Radiant. It makes the game less grindy, but retains it's difficulty almost completely. 

Don't go overboard on supplies and ALWAYS aim for the people in the backline first. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

There's no shame going Radiant. It makes the game less grindy, but retains it's difficulty almost completely. 

Don't go overboard on supplies and ALWAYS aim for the people in the backline first. 

K, if I fuck up this time I'll go down to nub difficulty.

Here read this. https://guides.gamepressure.com/darkestdungeon/guide.asp?ID=30107

BTW I must stress again make sure to have a character who can heal stress. Stress is almost as important as health.

And if you choose to do a medium or long mission, then it'll give you an option to camp (with firewood) camping is super vital to the game (they never explain it) It lets you apply powerful buffs, do special skills, and decrease stress (everyone has unqiue camping abilities but like with battle abilities, you need to pay money to unlock some, at the Outsiders camp at the Hamlet)

• Like 1

Starting to figure that out, I got lucky this time and got two healers and two jesters, so I can switch em out at the tavern and chapels while I go questing. Almost done with one of the longer quests, but gonna stop there for today. Doing well so far, the jester is a godsend for relieving stress.

5 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

My biggest problem with Darkest Dungeon is the damn difficulty spike you get from lvl 5+ dungeons. Enemies start dodging and critting like crazy that you sometimes get forced to give up at or after the first fight. 

You need to use class buffs, camping buffs, marking and debuffs on the enemy. Straight damage isn't going to cut it anymore.  

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

You need to use class buffs, camping buffs, marking and debuffs on the enemy. Straight damage isn't going to cut it anymore.  

Well I did figure out that Man-at-Arms and Jester accuracy buffs were essential. Problem is that I don't like being forced to have several of those classes taking up the roster and always having to bring them along. It really hampers what groups you can send into such dungeons. 

• Like 2

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Well I did figure out that Man-at-Arms and Jester accuracy buffs were essential. Problem is that I don't like being forced to have several of those classes taking up the roster and always having to bring them along. It really hampers what groups you can send into such dungeons. 

You can have a total of like 30 mercenaries in your roster. It's always good to have every class. Increases utility. 

If you don't want to use class buffs, you can use curios or camping skills to make do.

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You can have a total of like 30 mercenaries in your roster. It's always good to have every class. Increases utility. 

If you don't want to use class buffs, you can use curios or camping skills to make do.

I don't remember any camping skills that increase accuracy. At least not for the entire party. Camping buffs also don't last more than 4 battles. Not to mention that you don't get to camp in short dungeons. Curios are worthless as reliant buffs. You stumble upon them randomly and only if you're lucky to stumble upon the right curio can you get the right buff. Which only affect one character and not the entire party. The only way to play lvl 5+ dungeons is with classes that give accuracy buffs to the entire party in battle. 

Edited by Witchking of Angmar

I don't remember any camping skills that increase accuracy. At least not for the entire party. Camping buffs also don't last more than 4 battles. Not to mention that you don't get to camp in short dungeons. Curios are worthless as reliant buffs. You stumble upon them randomly and only if you're lucky to stumble upon the right curio can you get the right buff. Which only affect one character and not the entire party. The only way to play lvl 5+ dungeons is with classes that give accuracy buffs to the entire party in battle. 

I call bullshit, cause I do level 5 Dungeons no problem without a dedicated buffer like that Man At Arms, and Jesters. If there's no buffer, I focus on debuffing the enemey instead.

There's plenty of trinkets that increase accuracy. And there's alot of quirks that do. You can lock in positive quirks at the Sanitarium.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I call bullshit, cause I do level 5 Dungeons no problem without a dedicated buffer like that Man At Arms, and Jesters. If there's no buffer, I focus on debuffing the enemey instead.

There's plenty of trinkets that increase accuracy. And there's alot of quirks that do. You can lock in positive quirks at the Sanitarium.

Then you're simply luckier than me. Debuffing the enemy requires you to hit them, which requires accuracy. Most time I tried anything without a dedicated accuracy buffer I kept missing so many attacks and losing because of it. Also part of why I quit playing Darkest Dungeon. It feels so poorly balanced at higher levels. 

My problem is less that it's hard and more that it comes down so much to one single stat of accuracy. Which you either have to play with class accuracy buffs, or let fights rely way too much of dice rolls to a point that fighting feels more like gambling than strategy. 

My problem is less that it's hard and more that it comes down so much to one single stat of accuracy. Which you either have to play with class accuracy buffs, or let fights rely way too much of dice rolls to a point that fighting feels more like gambling than strategy. 

*Dice rolling*

Welcome to Old School RPGing. DnD say's hi. The game offers plenty of ways to get pass the dice rolls.

Anyway, as someone whose put over a 130 hours in the game, I call, yet again bullshit. Accuracy is not as nearly as important as you think it is. Seems like your blaming the game, when there was plenty ways you could have super vented it.