Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #12

Pick the Princes that you, a denizen of Tamriel, would most want to worship from each group  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Group 1

• Azura
    • Mehrunes Dagon
    • Vaermina
    • Nocturnal
    • Sheogorath
  2. 2. Group 2

• Hermaeus Mora
    • Malacath
    • Meridia
    • Namira
    • Sanguine
  3. 3. Round 3

• Peryite
    • Clavicus Vile
    • Boethiah
    • Hircine
    • Mephala
    • Molag Bal

1 hour ago, Celan said:

Hide contents

Because she had an affair? I think the show writers are daring you to consider Skylar's actions as worse than murder and drug dealing. It appears they got you. lol

Not that I think her behavior was helping herself in any way- especially when it was apparent that Ted was also breaking the law, albeit in a less violent way than Walt, and dragging her into it.

That's an easy dare for me to take.

Being unfaithful to me is worse than murder and drug dealing, XD depending on the context. Hell, drug dealing aint even a big deal to me, I've seen plenty of it. People on the bottom gotta make a buck. Especially how she started the affair.... she just turned sooo pathetic. 

And exactly, so she's a hypocrite on top of being a whore, literally and figuratively in her actions. She's just the epitome of thot.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Meth dealing is inherently violent. You're making a product that has no redeeming value other than to drag people into destruction and death.

So, no, I don't consider being a "whore" (one affair that was retaliatory makes her a whore?????) anywhere near on the same level. It only hurt the two men involved and Skylar herself.

• Like 1

It definitely makes her a whore in my book. I don't forgive shit like that personally.

Drug dealing is harmful and addictive, people fall into it when they're vulnerable but the same can be said for alcohol, cigarettes, prescription drugs, etc. But that's a debate for another day. 

Besides, I never said she was worse than Walt, I very clearly said to Doc I didn't think she was as bad as Walt. But I also said it doesn't give her a pass from being so incredibly shitty in her own right.

I mean... these things are not even on the same moral plane. You can't even compare them.

Besides the fact that Skylar was reacting against Walt's presumption of ownership over her- his demanding that she remain complicit in his scheme rather than allow her to go her own way. It was petty and ultimately a bad strategy, but it was revenge for his actions. She quite accurately diagnosed Walt's biggest weakness, his ego, and hit him where it hurt. It's not like she was out sleeping with other men for a lark.

Which, even if she was, still doesn't put it in the same universe as dealing meth.

The actress received a lot of hate mail over the role, which honestly is scary. Besides the fact that people can't distinguish between real life and a TV show, it obviously means they were identifying with Walt to the point that just the fact that Skylar would dare to oppose him made her a bad person. Now personally, I would have just gone to the po po's. No way I would let a man drag me and especially my children into the drug world. So Skylar does lose her integrity, but it's all still Walt's responsibility at the end of the day. And I'm glad the showrunners made that clear by the end.

• Like 1

I can. Morality is point of view. I don't like people enough to care how their lives end up because of what they decided to put in their bodies.

There is no justification for what she did if you ask me, like you said she should have gone to the cops. Instead, she decided to be petty and spread her legs for a complete tool, and got wrapped up in another crime altogether she never should've been involved in. 

I never honestly cared that Walt decided to sling dope, what made him terrible and worse than Skylar is how he used up everyone around him and put his family at risk over as you said, his ego. He created the problem, no doubt. But Skylar is a grown ass woman, and she decided to help keep it secret out of fear and decided to be petty and gross as well. 

She's weak and pathetic. Since when is revenge like that ever justifiable.

For that reason I'll never agree it was all on Walt. She had choices and she chose to make all the wrong ones.

Honestly Walts probably better than me, if I found out that not only did my cheating wife cheat, but she's also giving the dude she cheated with my drug money to cover her and his ass on something completely separate, the same drug money she bitched and moaned about me having.... 

I'm trying to recall, but they only give Ted money when it was apparent that the IRS investigation was going to bust the whole drug thing open. Which is where the downward spiral had led all of them. Skylar contributed to that spiral, of course, but Walt got the whole thing spinning- none of them would have been there without his decision to cook meth.

Initially Skylar is just helping Ted cook the books.

Walt's betrayal by involving her in his scheme was so much greater than hers, like I said- it's not even in the same universe.

"Initially skylar is just helping ted cook the books."

That's the reason why she got caught up in it. She didn't have to do that. Yea, what Walt did made that an even bigger issue, but it's still an issue for her mainly because she chose to do something stupid. That much isn't on Walt, and that decision could've put their lives in jeopardy too even if walt never made a single crystal.

And she also did decide to help walt launder the money instead of going to the cops so again I gotta say, she's a big girl and made her choice. 

If you're not gonna turn your husband in, don't enable him and play innocent. Either "ride or die", or bail out. You can't play two sides. 

No question once she was actively choosing to be part of the organization, she had made her own choice. Up to that point I think it's ambiguous.

Part of the problem with Skylar's character IMO is that the writers chose to make her a moral compass, while undermining that with their theme of how ethical people decide to break bad, and at the same time she didn't have the humor and warmth of any of the other characters. So she comes off as a hypocritical shrew.

1 hour ago, Celan said:

Hide contents

No question once she was actively choosing to be part of the organization, she had made her own choice. Up to that point I think it's ambiguous.

Part of the problem with Skylar's character IMO is that the writers chose to make her a moral compass, while undermining that with their theme of how ethical people decide to break bad, and at the same time she didn't have the humor and warmth of any of the other characters. So she comes off as a hypocritical shrew.

Agreed. I didn't start disliking her up until

that point anyway which if I recall was before the affair. The affair, but mainly her using the drug money to help cover a mistake she made by trusting that idiot was when I started really disliking her even more.

Eh...it looks great. They clearly took inspiration from 7...but I'm very mixed on how they changed it from fixed camera too Third Person over the shoulder (Like Rezi4 and Dead Space). It's a complete remake, so I guess it's all right but it's going to loose some of it's charm.

Honestly I think that’s a great improvement, the fixed camera thing to me sucked ass. Besides, this makes the action feel focused on the player. I bet it’ll be even scarier, and won’t feel as dated.

See, that’s a true remake. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Honestly I think that’s a great improvement, the fixed camera thing to me sucked ass. Besides, this makes the action feel focused on the player. I bet it’ll be even scarier, and won’t feel as dated.

See, that’s a true remake. 

I know it's superior...but the fixed camera angles is a thing you never see anymore in modern horror games :( It was annoying at times, but I kinda miss it, so i'm a little sad it's going to be gone in the remake .

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That gameplay reminds me of Evil Within, which ain’t at all a bad thing.

LOL, The Evil Within director worked on the first four Resident Evil games XD

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Now that's it the steam summer sale I can feed my horror game addiction.

You reminded me, I think I can get Attila now. Base game plus all the DLCs looks like it's putting me back about thirty eight dollars.

Finally gonna get to play Ancient Empires, and your ass better play head to head against me. Rome vs Carthage (or Parthia >:D)

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

You reminded me, I think I can get Attila now. Base game plus all the DLCs looks like it's putting me back about thirty eight dollars.

Finally gonna get to play Ancient Empires, and your ass better play head to head against me. Rome vs Carthage (or Parthia >:D)

Atilla is great, but Ancient Empire is...sub par at best. They basically released it in Alpha.

• Sad 1