Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #12

Pick the Princes that you, a denizen of Tamriel, would most want to worship from each group  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Group 1

• Azura
    • Mehrunes Dagon
    • Vaermina
    • Nocturnal
    • Sheogorath
  2. 2. Group 2

• Hermaeus Mora
    • Malacath
    • Meridia
    • Namira
    • Sanguine
  3. 3. Round 3

• Peryite
    • Clavicus Vile
    • Boethiah
    • Hircine
    • Mephala
    • Molag Bal

I find myself much more interested in playing it than actually finishing it. I’m not a big fan of grinding or games that require you to grind, but the fights and managing the heroes and their stress levels is fun. I doubt I’ll ever complete the game but I’ve enjoyed playing it. And even though it’s totally anthetical to the game, I get really attached to my heroes. Especially my core crusader man at arms vestal houndmaster group. So I tend to play more conservatively. 

Though, now that I think about it, maybe it’s not antithetical to the game. After all,

The ancestor just used and threw away people as he pleased. It seems a nice rebuke to him to care about and try and keep alive the heroes. Or at least, as many as you can. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

*Dice rolling*

Welcome to Old School RPGing. DnD say's hi. The game offers plenty of ways to get pass the dice rolls.

Anyway, as someone whose put over a 130 hours in the game, I call, yet again bullshit. Accuracy is not as nearly as important as you think it is. Seems like your blaming the game, when there was plenty ways you could have super vented it. 

When a lot of creatures, especially the new and really dangerous ones, has ridiculously high dodge stat, I do dare say accuracy becomes really important. And it is poorly balanced since after I started using party accuracy buffs the dungeons became much easier. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

3 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

I find myself much more interested in playing it than actually finishing it. I’m not a big fan of grinding or games that require you to grind, but the fights and managing the heroes and their stress levels is fun. I doubt I’ll ever complete the game but I’ve enjoyed playing it. And even though it’s totally anthetical to the game, I get really attached to my heroes. Especially my core crusader man at arms vestal houndmaster group. So I tend to play more conservatively. 

Though, now that I think about it, maybe it’s not antithetical to the game. After all,

Hide contents

The ancestor just used and threw away people as he pleased. It seems a nice rebuke to him to care about and try and keep alive the heroes. Or at least, as many as you can. 

I cared if you get passed level 2 :D Then I upgrade and take care of them. Not a level before though. 

Radiant Mode removes basically 80 percent of the grinding. You can carry more gold and heirlooms, things are cheaper to upgrade, you can bring anyone under level 5 to any levelled dungeon, and heroes can go to the Darkest Dungeon any number of times.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

XD I guess I’ll see for myself eventually lol. All I can say is I’ve noticed how big a difference those buffs can make but no idea if that’ll hold up when I get to Witchie’s level.

The version your playing buffed ACC (Accuracy) really heavily, so I doubt you'll have the same problem.

BTW, for Dismas, I highly recommend you get rid of Grapeshot (it's fucking horrible), Tracking shot (It's decent but only for higher levels when enemies can stealth) and replace them for the combo of Point Blank Shot (best skill in the fucking game TBH) and Duellist Advancement. You use Duelist advancement to move the Highwayman to the front (it gives you a riposte to), and you use Point Blank shot to one shot. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Awesome how much gold ya get? Did camping help alot?

It did but I knew to camp before, I just didn’t know the mechanics specifically and that each hero had their own separate abilities for it.

I got 9000, a lot more than my other missions gave. The curio tip helped with that too.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I don’t get these negative traits and how they develop tho, my knight got stress eater and he never got high in stress the whole mission

It's based on bunch of super technical factors. Remeber, there are special curios that remove them, and you can always get rid of them at the Sanitorium.

Did you keep your heroes stress levels down?

Most of them, as best I could. My healer had moderate stress and I used the jester on her, and the jesters was high but got him out in time before it got to 100.

Treating my warrior in the sanitarium now, relieving three others. 

I really need another tank, he’s my only one. Gonna do short missions for the time being.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Most of them, as best I could. My healer had moderate stress and I used the jester on her, and the jesters was high but got him out in time before it got to 100.

Treating my warrior in the sanitarium now, relieving three others. 

I really need another tank, he’s my only one. Gonna do short missions for the time being.

Like I said only use stress relief if it's super bad cause it's going to bankrupt you fast.

Once you unlock the Nomad wagon you can sell trinkets you don't need for good cash!

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Awesome how much gold ya get? Did camping help alot?

Correction, I beat my first medium quest XDXDXD 

Ah well. I am noob after all.

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Like I said only use stress relief if it's super bad cause it's going to bankrupt you fast.

Once you unlock the Nomad wagon you can sell trinkets you don't need for good cash!

Unlocked, and yea it was bad, lol. Some heroes are just more prone to stress, but I'm getting better at it. Not bothering to relieve junk characters tho. Cannon fodder.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The guild, the thing where you get more companions, and the sanitarium. Maybe the chapel too.

The Chapel is the best stress relief. Ignore tavern. Also the Blacksmith is super important.

23 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Wow I see why I was sucking so bad. really shouldve done these easy ass short missions first before I tried anything else. 

Short missions are very good for stress relief and gathering money  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

The chapel and tavern are the best stress relief depending if the class is religious or not. Crusaders, vestals and abominations prefer the chapel while highwaymen, men-at-arms and the like prefer the tavern. 

No, because using the Chapel doesn't give your hero fucking Syphilis or make you addicted to gambling like the Tavern.

DONT use brothel or gambling. If you need to use the Tavern, only do drinks. And the Chapel still does the most stress relief. 

Penance Hall is the best stress decrease. It not only decreases the most it has NO negative quirks associated with it.  

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

No, because using the Chapel doesn't give your hero fucking Syphilis or make you addicted to gambling like the Tavern.

DONT use brother or gambling. If you need to use the Tavern, only do drinks. And the Chapel still does the most stress relief. 

Penance Hall is the best stress decrease. It not only decreases the most it has NO negative quirks associated with it.  

I don’t remember the tavern being any more negative than the chapel. And all stress relief places have quirks associated with it. Those quirks are mainly about locking them out of one, several or all but one of all the stress relief actions. Flagelants can only stress relieve themselves by flagelation in the chapel, gambling addiction is the same but for gambling. The only quirk that I remember that is something different is skilled gambler which just means they lose less money in the gambling hall.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!