Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #26

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Snowback Edition

• Baldur Red-Snow
    • Rebec Red-Snow
    • Boldir Iron-Brow
    • Veleda Stormcloak
    • Menel Rivas
    • Archduid Theudofrid
    • Daric Red-Snow
    • Mila Iron-Brow
    • Ubbe the Savage

Potential spoilers? You two have already passed this point though.

From the tiny bit of exposition I got from Adelaide about Earth, I feel like we have ourselves an Issac Asimov situation. That is in the Empire and Foundation series of books, Earth is a lost planet that when the reader finally gets to see the planet in Foundation and Earth, it's a radioactive dead planet. I bet you that Earth is either lost to the maps or is a lifeless planet.

30 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Potential spoilers? You two have already passed this point though.

Hide contents

From the tiny bit of exposition I got from Adelaide about Earth, I feel like we have ourselves an Issac Asimov situation. That is in the Empire and Foundation series of books, Earth is a lost planet that when the reader finally gets to see the planet in Foundation and Earth, it's a radioactive dead planet. I bet you that Earth is either lost to the maps or is a lifeless planet.

Actually I read a terminal about that:

Earth is considered the center of this little space empire of theirs, and tho there was another Great War, it doesn’t sound like the planet is lifeless yet.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

27 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Right. And I think that’s what the game refers to as well, because after WW1 is where history really changes in TOW. Not sure if WW2 ever even happened, but it doesn’t appear that it did, and definitely no monopoly busting.

@ColonelKillaBee @TheCzarsHussar

There are a few characters who talk about the Board being dominant in Halcyon, but not the whole galaxy. They say that the Earth Directorate are the top dogs overall, and that even the corporations we see are only able to operate because they allow it. 

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I lost my shit when out of nowhere someone mentioned Byzantium! :rofl:

Why’s that? XD Byzantium is the Board’s capital city. 

I haven’t been there yet, though. If it’s even a location you can go to. Biggest cities I’ve found so far are Groundbreaker, which is awesome, and Stellar Bay. 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Why’s that? XD Byzantium is the Board’s capital city. 

I haven’t been there yet, though. If it’s even a location you can go to. Biggest cities I’ve found so far are Groundbreaker, which is awesome, and Stellar Bay. 

I didn't know that. Byzantium was the Greek city that would later be renamed to Constantinople.