Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #26

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Snowback Edition

• Baldur Red-Snow
    • Rebec Red-Snow
    • Boldir Iron-Brow
    • Veleda Stormcloak
    • Menel Rivas
    • Archduid Theudofrid
    • Daric Red-Snow
    • Mila Iron-Brow
    • Ubbe the Savage

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s gonna be my next too. Low charm, high intimidate. Gonna make space Boldir. :lol: 

I’m still gonna have space Baldur use guns, they’re too fun!

Im not sure what guns tho. Maybe long range for shit out of reach and then tear up everything else up close n personal.

But ima miss my heavy weapons, boy are they a blast.

I don’t even find myself wishing I had health regen, plenty of those needles around and getting addicted to them got me a whole perk point lol

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I’m thinking something like this:

Strength- Average

Dexterity- High

Perception- Below Average

Intelligence- High

Charm- Very High

Temperament- Average

Thats about as good as I can get it. Perception is low because Baldur is an idea man, but doesn’t notice things right in front of him sometimes like Rebec does about people and things. She’s the common sense one, down to earth, he’s the head in the clouds type.

Goes well with his not being good at shooting arrows too lol so no sniping for him.

Penalties on weak spot damage and headshots.

Charm Very High goes without saying but aside from great dialogue options, he’ll also have high inspiration so companion damage will be great. Fitting for him too as he’s good at bringing out the best in those that follow him.

Intelligence High, I was gonna ignore this stat but for him I can’t, plus it gives points to determination, another companion skill and something he’s unwavering in. Also will give him very high critical, great for melee characters and appropriate for him as well.

Strength I left average because Baldur is strong but I think he’s more known for his quick feet and hands than his strength vs someone like Boldir or Brund.

Hence Dexterity being high which means quick reloads, quick attack speed, high dodge skill. Also increases block, and one handed weapons so I’ll probably be switching between one handed weapons and pistols.

They better have some good one handed weapons tho or this build is gonna be boring.

28 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’m still gonna have space Baldur use guns, they’re too fun!

Same. But it wouldn’t be Boldir if he didn’t use the biggest guns I can get my hands on. XD 

My current run is a pistol-toting space cowboy who usually finds clever ways to minimize killing when he can. I figure that running around with a big mechanical axe (I found a unique one in the starting zone! :D), a heavy machine gun, and zero social skills should change things up enough for playthrough 2. Plus, supernova. 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Same. But it wouldn’t be Boldir if he didn’t use the biggest guns I can get my hands on. XD 

My current run is a pistol-toting space cowboy who usually finds clever ways to minimize killing when he can. I figure that running around with a big mechanical axe (I found a unique one in the starting zone! :D), a heavy machine gun, and zero social skills should change things up enough for playthrough 2. Plus, supernova. 

Where’s the unique one? I found a regular one and was kinda jealous I couldn’t use it XD so perfect for space Boldir.

My laser pistol will keep me happy for a good while, and I know where the unique one is now but I haven’t gotten to the point where I can get it yet. Perfect name for a Baldur character too, lol it’s actually funny how we’ll be basically switching playthroughs.

And it’s not like I can’t use heavy weapons on occasion, since they all level up together. But yea the one handed weapons seem good, just looked them up. Want a unique hatchet, lol. 

Honestly I might just worry about personality traits for my Baldur character and less about the weapon and fighting, not like I worry about that for a Bloodborne.

Tho Bloodborne’s fast paced combat is perfect for him. In fact so long as his dodging is high, the rest really doesn’t matter.

24 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Where’s the unique one? I found a regular one and was kinda jealous I couldn’t use it XD so perfect for space Boldir.

It’s on the ledge below the Edgewater landing pad. Run over to the edge and you’ll notice some red dots on your compass. That’s how I found it among other things. 

24 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And it’s not like I can’t use heavy weapons on occasion, since they all level up together.

They only level together up to 50. Then you’ve gotta start specializing. 

• Thanks 1

It’s on the ledge below the Edgewater landing pad. Run over to the edge and you’ll notice some red dots on your compass. That’s how I found it among other things. 

They only level together up to 50. Then you’ve gotta start specializing. 

Ah, I was wondering why my shit stopped at 50. Good to know. Was actually disappointed a bit that you couldn’t focus on particular weapon types.

Thats really smart of them.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ah, I was wondering why my shit stopped at 50. Good to know. Was actually disappointed a bit that you couldn’t focus on particular weapon types.

Thats really smart of them.

Their reasoning was that a lot of skills realistically go hand in hand. Someone who is good at shooting rifles is not going to be completely stumped by the concept of a pistol. Someone good at convincing people with lies is likely to be okay at persuading in other ways, etc. 

I thought it was a pretty cool concept, myself. Never known an rpg to do that before. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Their reasoning was that a lot of skills realistically go hand in hand. Someone who is good at shooting rifles is not going to be completely stumped by the concept of a pistol. Someone good at convincing people with lies is likely to be okay at persuading in other ways, etc. 

I thought it was a pretty cool concept, myself. Never known an rpg to do that before. 

Indeed, that’s why I said it was smart. They allow you to learn everything in a category together but eventually you start mastering certain things. That allows you to stick to your mains but switch it up a bit when the scenario calls for it.

Its perfect really

So to make my head hurt less I’m gonna focus on my current character, who will probably stick to his pistol and heavy weapons, dodge and intimidating. That’s pretty simple and very Ronon Dex.

Baldur, I think to make it simpler I’ll focus on dodge, melee and charm. In fact for Baldur since perception is not gonna be the greatest skill he’ll either be using heavy weapons or pistols as his secondary weapon focus. Probably pistols

Temperment- Very High

I was gonna give a laugh emote for this but actually yea, he is really chill unless you fuck with his family

Yea perception effects all weapons and dexterity effects specifically handguns and one handed weapons so there you go, that’s my weapon specializations.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I was gonna give a laugh emote for this but actually yea, he is really chill unless you fuck with his family

Yeah, too bad there isn’t an option to include an asterisk. XD

I had trouble deciding if Temperament oughta be very high or very low. Because Boldir definitely has a mean temper that causes him to make brash decisions. But then, he is probably one of the more level headed characters when his buttons aren’t getting pushed.

Plus, that regen’s gonna be sweet on supernova. And Temp affects 2-handed, determination, and engineering which will be some of my primary stats.

Engineering will be Space Boldir’s substitute for blacksmithing. 

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’ll probably level it a tad just because it’s useful but he doesn’t major in any craft skills.

I was thinking equipment tinkering could be like Space Baldur’s equivalent to wood carving. Kind of a nice little hobby that’s also pretty useful in-universe.