Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #26

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Snowback Edition

• Baldur Red-Snow
    • Rebec Red-Snow
    • Boldir Iron-Brow
    • Veleda Stormcloak
    • Menel Rivas
    • Archduid Theudofrid
    • Daric Red-Snow
    • Mila Iron-Brow
    • Ubbe the Savage

23 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@ColonelKillaBee @TheCzarsHussar

Have either of y’all spent time on the Groundbreaker yet? If so, you should find the Sublight Salvaging faction and start their questline. No spoilers, but it gets very interesting.

I’m going there specifically for the reward lol, I didn’t read spoilers but I do know either the unique plasma pistol or a unique plasma cutter is there in the questline

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Also, I started over again rofl so it’ll be a minute. I finally got Baldur the way I like him tho. He’s not gonna be a min max character which is what I usually do in rpgs like this, but I’ll get over it.

This is one of the truest rpgs I’ve played in a looooong looooooong time and they force you to choose between maximum combat effectiveness of sticking to roleplay, and I gotta go roleplay. 

The rest I’ll overcome through leveling and cleverness, that’s the fun of an rpg after all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’m going there specifically for the reward lol, I didn’t read spoilers but I do know either the unique plasma pistol or a unique plasma cutter is there in the questline

Yeah, I got one of my favorite guns from it.  Though the questline is spread all over the colony so it will likely take a while.

But tbh, it’s worth it for the story. It reveals some stuff that is so big that you’d think it would be part of the MQ. Also, Sublight is one of the coolest factions and has a badass leader.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

This is one of the truest rpgs I’ve played in a looooong looooooong time and they force you to choose between maximum combat effectiveness of sticking to roleplay, and I gotta go roleplay. 

The rest I’ll overcome through leveling and cleverness, that’s the fun of an rpg after all.

Yeah, I won’t be able to reach 100 in any combat skills on my first playthrough, which might actually be a first for me. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, I won’t be able to reach 100 in any combat skills on my first playthrough, which might actually be a first for me. 

None?? Interesting...

Tbh, I’m ok with that, the 100 effectiveness perks n such are nice but probably not necessary

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Apparently it’s not a Bolter pistol like I thought. I dunno, it’s a quest reward but I won’t dig lest I spoil myself. 

Definitely don’t. This questline is the absolute worst one to have spoiled that I’ve seen so far. It takes a huge twist near the end. 

33 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

None?? Interesting...

Tbh, I’m ok with that, the 100 effectiveness perks n such are nice but probably not necessary

Yeah, I think I’m level 26 right now which means only 40 more skill points before I hit the limit. Right now my highest gun skill is handguns which I think is at 60 or 80. Either way, I want to put those points in Intimidate and Leadership so 100 ain’t happening.  

39 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, I think I’m level 26 right now which means only 40 more skill points before I hit the limit. Right now my highest gun skill is handguns which I think is at 60 or 80. Either way, I want to put those points in Intimidate and Leadership so 100 ain’t happening.  

Wow that makes me feel way better about leveling shit.

Tbh I’ll be kinda leveling all my major skills equally more or less, with emphasis on the personality stuff. 

Still not sure which personality skill to main tho. Maybe lie. Persuasion seems the most useful tho since it mainly effects humanoids in combat. Lie effects robots and intimidate effects creatures. Which is all kinda weird tbh lol tho lie makes sense for robots.

14 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Lie effects robots and intimidate effects creatures. Which is all kinda weird tbh lol tho lie makes sense for robots.

Intimidate makes sense for creatures if you think about it. It probably translates to stuff like eye contact, aggressive posture, and whatnot. Dominance shit.

41 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Wow that makes me feel way better about leveling shit.

Tbh I’ll be kinda leveling all my major skills equally more or less, with emphasis on the personality stuff. 

My current end goal is to have 100 Intimidate and Leadership, 60-80 handguns, science, and engineering, and around 50-60 in stealth and my other charm skills. No investment in block, dodge, or anything melee.

41 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Intimidate makes sense for creatures if you think about it. It probably translates to stuff like eye contact, aggressive posture, and whatnot. Dominance shit.

36 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

100 Intimidate on an animal in real life. XD 

Very good point XD Rebec would have 100 intimidate then lol since Baldur’s never scared animals.

Brund especially. Remember the Falmer in the Reach. Would fall under creatures now imo

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

My current end goal is to have 100 Intimidate and Leadership, 60-80 handguns, science, and engineering, and around 50-60 in stealth and my other charm skills. No investment in block, dodge, or anything melee.

For me then, 60-80 melee, probably bringing it up more with companions and armor mods, 100 lie and persuasion or dodge, 50-60 in stealth and other skills.