Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #26

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Snowback Edition

• Baldur Red-Snow
    • Rebec Red-Snow
    • Boldir Iron-Brow
    • Veleda Stormcloak
    • Menel Rivas
    • Archduid Theudofrid
    • Daric Red-Snow
    • Mila Iron-Brow
    • Ubbe the Savage

11 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Bethesda now has a subscription service for 76 its an elite club

I started reading more about this because I noticed some internet ranting, and man it is so bad. XD $100 per year just for the option to play in single player, and instead of private servers, it’s private sessions, so every time you log off, the world resets. And there are other features locked behind this subscription, like some perks and unlimited storage (which they said before was impossible... apparently not if you pay them).

And this is all after Pete Hines said over and over, very clearly, that all additional content, including DLCs and content updates, would be free. That the only thing they’d charge for is cosmetics. 

They also announced just before this that the expansion all their players wanted, the one they’ve been hyping people up for that would finally add NPCs to this barren shithole of a game, is getting its release date pushed back half a year. :rofl:

I no longer think the game is cursed. My new theory is that they are intentionally sabotaging it. Not even a curse could fuck things up this badly. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I started reading more about this because I noticed some internet ranting, and man it is so bad. XD $100 per year just for the option to play in single player, and instead of private servers, it’s private sessions, so every time you log off, the world resets. And there are other features locked behind this subscription, like some perks and unlimited storage (which they said before was impossible... apparently not if you pay them).

Wait... the world resets every time you log off? So there's absolutely no progression? What's the fucking point? What brainless idiot would pay anything for this?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Celan said:

Wait... the world resets every time you log off? So there's absolutely no progression? What's the fucking point? What brainless idiot would pay anything for this?

I assume the quests and whatnot progress (no living NPCs so it’s all just a checklist In your journal anyway) but the enemies you killed reset. 

4 hours ago, Celan said:

Children, jocks, mouth breathers and various idiots that don’t read and typically play fortnite all day

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Children, jocks, mouth breathers and various idiots that don’t read and typically play fortnite all day

The game definitely feels marketed towards children. It’s all a bunch of goofy emotes and mascot costumes like fortnite. 

I mean, look at this shit. This ain’t Fallout.

So breaking news XD https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/10/24/fallout-76s-premium-private-servers-are-not-private-its-scrap-box-is-deleting-scrap/#3e276e0b7386

The scrap box? It's been EATING hundreds of fucking items. Instead of storing them, it literally devours them. People have lost super rare loot they grinded for hundreds of hours for in a single second. They should have made this a mechanic in Dark Souls XD

The private server? IT'S NOT PRIVATE. Randos are still able to join you, and NPC's are being found dead by the players who own the server.

People payed 100 bucks for all this XD

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think that some Zenimax/Bethesda higher ups must own some stock in Obsidian or something. All this controversy days before The Outer Worlds launches has been sending people their way in droves. Even Chris Avellone is making jokes about it.

Which I guess is par for the course with him. XD 

Hide contents

feistir5sgu31.png

Avellone is only friendly to his former employers when he can make fun of Bethesda XD There all probably still really bitter about that 85 metacritic shit.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

He says he’s still friends with most the people there, in fact. Heck, that Tweet at the bottom shows how much respect he has for Tim and Leonard.

Hasn't he been super bitter towards the management? He wrote a bunch of nasty things about them on a RPG forum.