Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #26

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Snowback Edition

• Baldur Red-Snow
    • Rebec Red-Snow
    • Boldir Iron-Brow
    • Veleda Stormcloak
    • Menel Rivas
    • Archduid Theudofrid
    • Daric Red-Snow
    • Mila Iron-Brow
    • Ubbe the Savage

Also, soldier seventy dicks is the most non gay character they could’ve said was gay. They literally just threw a dart and it landed on him XD 

Its like saying Nick Fury from avengers is gay.

Or for you @Celan since I know you don’t know who that is lol, imagine BioWare saying Duncan was gay years later.

Edit: post on last page

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Also, soldier seventy dicks is the most non gay character they could’ve said was gay. They literally just threw a dart and it landed on him XD 

Its like saying Nick Fury from avengers is gay.

Yoiu know not every gay guy is an a stereotypical effeminate individual XD

Considering the military since ancient times  has always been a haven for non hetero dudes, it didn't surprise me.  

2 hours ago, Celan said:

I have no idea who these characters are, but they got scared straight

That's a funny reaction image to show us Celan, considering it's from Tanya the terrible, it's about a male general  being stuck in the body of little girl, who goes on to kill alot of people, and she works for the Nazis XD

And from what I understand, rather then them being heterosexual, the material that confirms there gay wasn't released (comics and a few lines) cause it's against laws in Russia and China.

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Yoiu know not every gay guy is an a stereotypical effeminate individual XD

Considering the military since ancient times  has always been a haven for non hetero dudes, it didn't surprise me.  

Unless you were actually there in ancient times sit ya bitch ass down. thank you. XD 

Not every gay dude is a stereotype but there’s always signs. Even the one guy I know who is gay but I had no clue at the time had signs, I just didn’t assume it was gay.

He has two moms, red alert lol, nature vs nurture, nurture wins.

He wears his mother’s pants...,

That last one I thought was just him being white XD 

But man he gay. As in he likes big old hairy men.

Blizzard gave no hints that he was anything but straight. 

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That's a funny reaction image to show us Celan, considering it's from Tanya the terrible, it's about a male general  being stuck in the body of little girl, who goes on to kill alot of people, and she works for the Nazis XD

Why the fuck do you know this

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And from what I understand, rather then them being heterosexual, the material that confirms there gay wasn't released (comics and a few lines) cause it's against laws in Russia and China.

Ain’t no homo lines in the game, at least not last I played. Probably now tho, which just confirms what I said. They had to make him gay because he wasn’t before. No hints at all

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Unless you were actually there in ancient times sit ya bitch ass down. thank you. XD 

Not every gay dude is a stereotype but there’s always signs. Even the one guy I know who is gay but I had no clue at the time had signs, I just didn’t assume it was gay.

He has two moms, red alert lol, nature vs nurture, nurture wins.

He wears his mother’s pants...,

That last one I thought was just him being white XD 

But man he gay. As in he likes big old hairy men.

Blizzard gave no hints that he was anything but straight. 

They gave zero hints at anything at all XD That's the problem, Blizzard has practically zero desire to build the world of overwatch, it's all gameplay, practically zero lore and story.  What people solely rely on is weird hero quotes, cinematics that are released every two years  and fucking comics to draw conclusions to anything. Romance especially is never touched upon.  

It kinda reminds me of how FROM never writes anything about that, but they have any excuse cause nobody wants to get a buzz on when there's Hollows and Demons running amok in the literal end of the world. 

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Why the fuck do you know this

Because when your part of the niche light novel community, anything that's popular people always talk about XD That particular one has sold over 3 million copies. 

32 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They gave zero hints at anything at all XD 

Sure they did. No gay dialogue or anything means he’s default, and what’s the default?

Str8. Heterosexual. Because it’s the majority. The norm. Doesn’t need to be implied, same as how I assume @Witchking of Angmar is white as Niflheim because he’s from Sweden.

32 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

it's all gameplay, practically zero lore and story.  What people solely rely on is weird hero quotes, cinematics that are released every two years  and fucking comics to draw conclusions to anything. Romance especially is never touched upon.

*Looks at Dark Souls and Balrog, then back to Overwatch*

Pot, meet Kettle XD 

22 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Sure they did. No gay dialogue or anything means he’s default, and what’s the default?

Str8. Heterosexual. Because it’s the majority. The norm. Doesn’t need to be implied, same as how I assume @Witchking of Angmar is white as Niflheim because he’s from Sweden.

*Looks at Dark Souls and Balrog, then back to Overwatch*

Pot, meet Kettle XD 

*2 out of 31 heroes in Overwatch are gay*

*Not a majority* 

?

Stupid comparison, considering the fact there's tons of story/lore present in item descriptions, environments, and other aspects inside the game, which you can look for if you want story, it's just optional. Unlike Overwatch, were there's practically nothing inside the game

52 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Stupid comparison, considering the fact there's tons of story/lore present in item descriptions, environments, and other aspects inside the game, which you can look for if you want story, it's just optional. Unlike Overwatch, were there's practically nothing inside the game

Bro, I think Overwatch honestly has more potential lore in their videos, campaign stories they do on occasion and dialogue than Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3 combined.

Especially since 2 is almost irrelevant lol.

12 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Bro, I think Overwatch honestly has more potential lore in their videos, campaign stories they do on occasion and dialogue than Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3 combined.

Especially since 2 is almost irrelevant lol.

:BeastSlain: Bro it's literally just sound files, an occasional cinematic and after you fight bots, that's the story of Overwatch. 

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It’s not inside the game but it’s still game lore. They even do comics. 
Not all halo lore is inside the game either.

I mentioned that. And Halo has started to incorporate alot of stuff from the comics and novels since Halo Reach. 

But the differences is that in Halo you still have a great  story from the games themselves and you can understand things perfectly without touching a novel, while Overwatch is just a team based shooter unless you LOOK for the expanded universe stuff outside the game. And even then it aint anything impressive. 

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

:BeastSlain: Bro it's literally just sound files, an occasional cinematic and after you fight bots, that's the story of Overwatch. 

I mentioned that. And Halo has started to incorporate alot of stuff from the comics and novels since Halo Reach. 

But the differences is that in Halo you still have a great  story from the games themselves and you can understand things perfectly without touching a novel, while Overwatch is just a team based shooter unless you LOOK for the expanded universe stuff outside the game. And even then it aint anything impressive. 

Make whatever excuses you like lol Dark Souls has less lore in general, they just have more in the actual game.

And the grand majority of it is implied lore XD 

Bloodborne however is different.

14 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And I hope by now you got why I did this XD 

Heterosexuals are the majority. You don’t need to hint at it, it’s the default.

Which is why I think it's dumb to call something pandering when there's literally two gay characters in a game that has a huge amount of characters but not a huge amount of characterisation, if it's pandering, it's really shitty pandering  XD

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Make whatever excuses you like lol Dark Souls has less lore in general, they just have more in the actual game.

And the grand majority of it is implied lore XD 

Bloodborne however is different.

You didn't even get past the second area in Dark Souls 1, the game has a huge amount of lore XD Bloodborne levels.  Doc would agree with me I think 

I agree with 2 and 3 though, they are comparatively sparse (but no anywhere near Overwatch levels), because of the troubled nature of their production. There's alot of cool shit in 3 especially, but practically none of it is explained, which might be the reason it feels less deep then 1 and BB.

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Which is why I think it's dumb to call something pandering when there's literally two gay characters in a game that has a huge amount of characters but not a huge amount of characterisation, if it's pandering, it's really shitty pandering  XD

You didn't even get past the second area in Dark Souls 1, the game has a huge amount of lore XD Bloodborne levels.  Doc would agree with me I think 

I don’t see what that has to do with it being pandering tbh. They have enough characterization to know if a character is gay or not. And it’s definitely more than 2. How are you forgetting the big gay Russian dike for instance XD 

Luckily I know how to read lol and already know everything about Dark Souls 1, and it didn’t take me even twenty minutes to do so XD 

12 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I don’t see what that has to do with it being pandering tbh. They have enough characterization to know if a character is gay or not. And it’s definitely more than 2. How are you forgetting the big gay Russian dike for instance XD 

Luckily I know how to read lol and already know everything about Dark Souls 1, and it didn’t take me even twenty minutes to do so XD 

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And it’s definitely not Bloodborne levels.

Every summary you read on a wiki can be twenty minutes. You can do the exact same thing with Bloodborne.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Every summary you read on a wiki can be twenty minutes. You can do the exact same thing with Bloodborne.

Nigga the wiki summaries aren’t 20 minutes they’re like 30 seconds. Most of the lore is just item descriptions and the rest are just theory after theory after theory, and that’s what takes longer than 20 minutes.

Dark Souls that is. There’s a lot more going on in Bloodborne.