Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #26

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Snowback Edition

• Baldur Red-Snow
    • Rebec Red-Snow
    • Boldir Iron-Brow
    • Veleda Stormcloak
    • Menel Rivas
    • Archduid Theudofrid
    • Daric Red-Snow
    • Mila Iron-Brow
    • Ubbe the Savage

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Never saw it lol 

Ima see it just because the media doesn’t want me to lol

I mean it ain’t a bad movie. The performance alone makes it worth seeing. But I don’t think that watching it really spites anyone. Everyone in it is a "bad guy" but the main antagonist is basically a Trump stand-in and whats basically antifa are portrayed as justified. The media are just either lying to generate controversy or stupid enough to miss the fact that it mainly aligns with their worldviews because the main protagonist is a straight white man who is also a victim. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I mean it ain’t a bad movie. The performance alone makes it worth seeing. But I don’t think that watching it really spites anyone. Everyone in it is a "bad guy" but the main antagonist is basically a Trump stand-in and whats basically antifa are portrayed as justified. The media are just either lying to generate controversy or stupid enough to miss the fact that it mainly aligns with their worldviews because the main protagonist is a straight white man who is also a victim. 

That’s.. like way different from the interpretations I saw XD not saying you’re wrong but it’s wildly different, enough that I’ll have to see for myself.

The guy in the video I linked seems to suggest even the opposite, and that it hits the media and people like John Oliver quite a bit.

But he also said it would make you relate to it very differently from others

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

15 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The guy in the video I linked seems to suggest even the opposite, and that it hits the media and people like John Oliver quite a bit.

I saw the video and he’s right about that. The movie definitely does demonize and blame mainstream media types big time, and the talk show hosts in particular. But more for just generally being jerks than because they’re political shills like in real life.

Basically it makes everyone in society out to be irredeemably terrible. But unlike everyone else, the Joker and the disgruntled antifa types are justified in their evil. 

49 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

"We live in a society" 

135CA14B-66E8-4C1E-AD07-799FDEA32ABA.jpeg.50016a1f6f54b070d634cad3633676f2.jpeg

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

We exist in a civilization?

013F479C-19DE-4C2E-9C84-948FF114249C.thumb.jpeg.0d9806c7c0bdc0d92ca42039ce98f137.jpeg

17 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

We occupy an environment derived by a common set of rules, culture and moral value?

27A35073-E890-495C-94CE-150F8BAD6964.jpeg.b6006725529e83fece897887085dd539.jpeg

• Haha 2

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I saw it. The movie definitely does demonize and blame mainstream media types big time, and the talk show hosts in particular. But more for just generally being jerks than because they’re political shills like in real life.

Basically it makes everyone in society out to be irredeemably terrible. But unlike everyone else, the Joker and the disgruntled antifa types are justified in their evil. 

Justified, or does it simply show how it lead to that point?

Because that’s more what it sounded like in that video. Like we can see how and why hitler came to be but that’s not the same as saying Versailles made his actions justified.

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Justified, or does it simply show how it lead to that point?

Because that’s more what it sounded like in that video. Like we can see how and why hitler came to be but that’s not the same as saying Versailles made his actions justified.

Well it’s definitely subjective. I watch it and say "hell no, they aren’t justified". I’ve seen plenty of people online saying the opposite. They made it very hard not to sympathize with the Joker, and even agree with him at times.

But what I mean is that Joker and the antifa dudes are the only two peoples that the movie gives any justification for at all, so they come out of the movie as the only relatable characters.

Thomas Wayne is basically exactly what the left thinks Trump is, an asshole billionaire running for office who says crass shit and only cares about himself. No redeeming qualities. (My favorite character XD)

Same applies to everyone else. The talk show host, the psychiatrist. Everyone is terrible, but the Joker and antifa are the only ones who are terrible for a reason. And that reason is basically that they’re sick of everyone else being terrible for no reason. 

55 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Anyone here seen Falling Down?

Nope, but the BF is a movie junkie so I'm sure we'll see it on DVD/ streaming eventually.

He's going to see Joker this weekend, with his buddy. I declined. XD 

I don't think the lefty media (but I repeat myself) have any interest in the actual film, they just see an opportunity to keep their bugbears "alt right" and "mass shootings" in the headlines, because some reporter made up that the Colorado movie theater shooter called himself Joker.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Celan said:

Nope, but the BF is a movie junkie so I'm sure we'll see it on DVD/ streaming eventually.

He's going to see Joker this weekend, with his buddy. I declined. XD 

I don't think the lefty media (but I repeat myself) have any interest in the actual film, they just see an opportunity to keep their bugbears "alt right" and "mass shootings" in the headlines, because some reporter made up that the Colorado movie theater shooter called himself Joker.

Yes more than likely tbh

6 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Well it’s definitely subjective. I watch it and say "hell no, they aren’t justified". I’ve seen plenty of people online saying the opposite. They made it very hard not to sympathize with the Joker, and even agree with him at times.

But what I mean is that Joker and the antifa dudes are the only two peoples that the movie gives any justification for at all, so they come out of the movie as the only relatable characters.

Hide contents

Thomas Wayne is basically exactly what the left thinks Trump is, an asshole billionaire running for office who says crass shit and only cares about himself. No redeeming qualities. (My favorite character XD)

Same applies to everyone else. The talk show host, the psychiatrist. Everyone is terrible, but the Joker and antifa are the only ones who are terrible for a reason. And that reason is basically that they’re sick of everyone else being terrible for no reason. 

I saw a review that said that there is pretty much no scene that doesn’t include the Joker in some way. Thus that the entire movie is told from his limited and biased perspective. So in that way it would make sense that we don’t see the reasons for why other people in the story are terrible since Joker doesn’t get to see it.

• Like 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

Makes sense. It just seems kinda odd to me that no ones making trump or antifa comparisons about the movie, as far as I’ve seen, if that is in fact the case, and especially if it’s justifying the antifa stand-ins.

I have seen people claiming it validates “the trump supporter”, tho. That being angry white males of course.

Rofl I found this article that both says “ it’s not that political” and says he thinks it was anti-antifa with the bad guys following joker representing them by calling Bruce Wayne’s dad a fascist and saying kill the rich XD 

The latter you have to admit is textbook Marxism.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/10/05/why-liberal-media-hates-the-joker/

I love how the interpretations are all over the place XD 

Ill chick it up to what a Doc said earlier, that eeeeveryone looks bad, so whoever you’re focused on the most is who you think the story is making a message about.

Reminds me of a south park episode when the boys wrote a book and people read into it way too much.

6 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I saw a review that said that there is pretty much no scene that doesn’t include the Joker in some way. Thus that the entire movie is told from his limited and biased perspective. So in that way it would make sense that we don’t see the reasons for why other people in the story are terrible since Joker doesn’t get to see it.

I’m aware of why it’s that way. Like I said, it’s a decent movie and they do a good job of getting its point across in a way that makes sense. We were supposed to relate with the Joker, who relates with the antifa people, and none of the other 'sides'. It accomplished that.

4 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It just seems kinda odd to me that no ones making trump or antifa comparisons about the movie, as far as I’ve seen

I’ve only seen a couple people make the Trump one, but lots of people noticed the antifa thing. Not that you need to hear it from reviewers for the connections to be obvious. Their signs literally say 'Resist' and 'kill/eat the rich'. And they run around destroying the city, beating up innocents, and celebrating the deaths of Wayne supporters. It’s antifa in clown masks.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Their signs literally say 'Resist' and 'kill/eat the rich'. And they run around destroying the city, beating up innocents, and celebrating the deaths of Wayne supporters. It’s antifa in clown masks.

That I get, like I said that article I linked said as much.

What I’m saying is you’re the first that said the movie justifies them lol.

Like I said, it’s hard to debate over this when I haven’t seen the movie yet but it’s just odd because were it justifying them I feel like the non binary freaks would’ve latched onto that when it’s the exact opposite.

Im very interested to see what I think afterwards but my current theory is still that it shows cause and effect, but cause and effect is not the same as justifying it.

Like in my Godwin’s Law example XD 

Anyway I’ll just have to wait and see.

38 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

What I’m saying is you’re the first that said the movie justifies them lol.

When I say justify, I don’t mean like it says that they’re right. More that they’re the only ones who we are given any reason to sympathize with. Cause and effect is indeed a better way to put it.

37 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Plus it would be odd if Trump was the joker AND the face of antifa XD

Trump is definitely not the Joker in this. The Joker inadvertently becomes the face of the antifa people (literally XD They wear clown masks over their faces). The "Trump" figure is Thomas Wayne, the billionaire running for office who the 'resist' guys hate because they believe he is a corrupt liar who hates them.

From what I’ve seen, the non-binary freaks' problem with the Joker is basically that he is a mistreated straight white guy who is clearly higher on their creepy victim hierarchy scale than they are. But I think that most of it is just the media trying to do their usual fear mongering, and not actual fear or outrage. Judging off the response of reddit, liberals loved this movie as much as anyone. 

37 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And perhaps I don’t want liberalism to have infected the Batman universe lol. 

Basically all of Hollywood is infected, and certainly Warner Brothers, who owns Batman. Though I believe it goes deeper than just liberalism.