Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #9

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

That being said I do want to see the followups, it's little cliffhanger made me question some things throughout the movie. But I think it's a red herring.

Remind me, how does it end? It has probably been over five years since I’ve seen the first Thor.

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Reveal hidden contents

One movie down and I still hold that Dad of War's Thor is better, but once I see the other movies maybe I'll change my mind.

Why’s it gotta be a competition? Imo what Marvel and GoW were going for are such drastically different characters that it’s not really worth comparing them. I’m gonna wait for GoW2 before I even try, since we don’t even know for certain that the legends match his character. But I hope they do.

For the sake of viewing, you should know that the order of Thor’s appearances is Thor 1, Avengers 1, Thor 2, Avengers 2, Ragnorak, Infinity War. The last two seem to be generally considered the best by far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Why’s it gotta be a competition? Imo what Marvel and GoW were going for are such drastically different characters that it’s not really worth comparing them. I’m gonna wait for GoW2 before I even try, since we don’t even know for certain that the legends match his character. But I hope they do.

For the sake of viewing, you should know that the order of Thor’s appearances is Thor 1, Avengers 1, Thor 2, Avengers 2, Ragnorak, Infinity War. The last two seem to be generally considered the best by far.

It really doesn't, I enjoy both versions. Only that (ANd you better get it right!) Dad of War's version left such an impact, which like I said before should wait and see the other movies before judging.

Thanks for the list of viewing order, I was confused which to watch next tomorrow.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

And I'm guessing the story would be how Yornar turns into a Loki, kills Reval and then runs off to do some big master plan. 

That sounds more like Baldur’s arc actually :P 

Kill the king, become “Loki/Lorkhan”, then takes his place to do some master plan.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I don’t see why he would, you already said the regular roscreans drink mead and Baldur’s used to priest types being fanciful because of his mom, plus the priests worship Jhunal so that’s kinda expected of mages anyway, lol.

They’re spreading tales of the old gods also in his name, so I don’t see anything to critique.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I don’t see why he would, you already said the regular roscreans drink mead and Baldur’s used to priest types being fanciful because of his mom, plus the priests worship Jhunal so that’s kinda expected of mages anyway, lol.

They’re spreading tales of the old gods also in his name, so I don’t see anything to critique.

I actually meant others criticizing Baldur, but you pretty well answered this too.

41 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Seriously though, despite their racial and cultural affinity wouldn't Baldur have some criticisms for it?

I imagine it depends on how it’s approached. Coming off of the whole Talos situation, Nords aren’t going to take kindly to someone telling them to worship differently. Especially if the focus is on conversion and Jhunal.

But if the Druids are going around and acting like guest speakers, preaching about Kyne, telling stories, and turning the Nords back to a more Nordic pantheon in that way, I think they’ll be fine. I imagine there will be a few people upset no matter what, but that’s true of anything

Edited by BTCollins
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ah I see. Collins pretty well answered that. I suspect the bigger detractors will be in the west but as for Talos thats why Baldur had that conversation with him about Ysmir.

Yep, Baldur made two demands of Theudofrid. That the Druids proclaim Baldur as the Ash-King throughout the countryside, alongside not trying to spread worship of Ysmir over Talos.

13 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

More or less, yes. It was more to think of Talos as Ysmir since he is, so Talos vs Ysmir shouldn’t be a topic of theirs.

He certainly is but the Roscreans, not just the Druids, refuse to accept that. To them Talos is a foreign god no better than an elven one, the Imperials influenced the Roscreans somewhat culturally but never made any religious progress. I'm not changing the lore, they're wrong about it but they'll always worship Ysmir in place of Talos.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar