Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #9

I'm pretty hyped. I thought the original was a rock solid FPS that didn't stand out much, but oh fuck, it's looking like the Mad Max game I always wanted. I love the zaniness. Anyone else excited?  ID and Avalanche, man, weird dream team.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Anyone else excited? 

Actually, a little bit. I enjoyed the first game right up until it ended so abruptly just as it was starting to peak. I thought I was only halfway through when the credits started to roll. I’ll keep an eye on 2 and see what people say.

Not in any hurry for a new single player shooter right now so it’ll probably be well after launch if I get it. 

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Is it too much to hope that publishing this counts as one of Bethesda’s two pre-TES 6 projects?

Not likely buddy :( I bet that so called Starfield is one of them however.

That reminds me E3's this year! Announcements you think? 

Likely 

Prey Standalone Expansion 

DOOM 2 

Evil Within 2 DLC

The new Dishonored game 

Starfiield

And alot of people are throwing around an Obsidian Fallout Spin Off, but I think that's being incredibly honest.... 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Me neither. :( 

We’ll supposedly be getting gameplay footage of TLoU2 though. So that’s nice.

And Shadows Die Twice whatever it is (I fucking hope) E3's always fun. Crushed dreams and horrible expectations XD

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

That’s exciting. But haven’t there already been like three STALKER games?

The other two are standalone expansions to the first STALKER game. There was a proper sequel planned but it went through an infamous period of development hell before finally being cancelled. (and fans had to wait three years, after they said it was stuck in dev hell to get officially cancelled). 

Until now anyway. I would have waited till E3 to announce it.

• Like 1

@BigBossBalrog Major Dad of War spoilers.

THOOOOOOOOR, THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

This is the kind of game that successfully hypes up a character from how other people speak of them and their actions, when Thor shows up at the ass end of the game it was amazing. Like good holy fuck, good luck Marvel Thor, this one already blew you out of the water and I haven't even seen those movies yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@BigBossBalrog Major Dad of War spoilers.

Hide contents

THOOOOOOOOR, THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

This is the kind of game that successfully hypes up a character from how other people speak of them and their actions, when Thor shows up at the ass end of the game it was amazing. Like good holy fuck, good luck Marvel Thor, this one already blew you out of the water and I haven't even seen those movies yet.

I fucking know. He's terrifying legit terrifying. THIS is a God, not some Marvel hero.

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

I fucking know. He's terrifying legit terrifying. THIS is a God, not some Marvel hero.

He just smashes everyone he fought thus far, when Mimir and others spoke of him it left an impression. The image of Thor just slaughtering that Giant after everyone laughed at the fool was kinda scary, it wasn't any monologues or bullshit. Just up comes Thor and kills him.

• Like 1