Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #9

2 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

I think you meant to tag @The Good Doctor

Ah yea, that profile pic change is throwing me off lol, thought you were the one saying all that about light and dark.

I was thinking too that this sounded like something I’d hear from doc rather than you

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

TBH, Clone Wars though, and the prequels in general, showed the Jedi Order was highly flawed, and that Anakin's hate and distrust towards the Council was completely justified. So Luke being so downtrodded after realising the perfect little group of Space Wizards Obi Wan (the biggest manipulator behind Palpy) talked about didn't exist is the least problematic part of Luke's new character

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ah yea, that profile pic change is throwing me off lol, thought you were the one saying all that about light and dark.

I was thinking too that this sounded like something I’d hear from doc rather than you

Wow, all blue, white, and slightly red profile pictures look the same to you? First your anti-vampire racism, and now this

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

TBH, Clone Wars though, and the prequels in general, showed the Jedi Order was highly flawed, and that Anakin's hate and distrust towards the Council was completely justified. 

Again, this all came decades after the OT. I didn’t say that my problem with it started with Disney. 

12 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

@BTCollins what message do you mean?

The message that Light/Good and Dark/Bad are equal and equally important instead of the message that Dark/Bad is the source of the problems/imbalance.

The idea they seem to be toying with in recent years that the grand solution to the dichotomy is a marriage of Light and Dark instead of a triumph of Light.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Again, this all came decades after the OT. I didn’t say that my problem with it started with Disney. 

But George had alot of this shit in mind when he wrote the OT 

Sith for example, whilst it's never stated in the OT movies, was being used by George internally. ALOT of elements introduced by the prequels we're already being thought of when George was doing the OT.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

The message that Light/Good and Dark/Bad are equal and equally important instead of the message that Dark/Bad is the source of the problems/imbalance.

The idea they seem to be toying with in recent years that the grand solution to the dichotomy is a marriage of Light and Dark instead of a triumph of Light.

Oh this is real funny coming from Whores of Londor supporter Numero I XD

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Well, people just don't like classic good and evil stories anymore. They want moral ambiguity. 

I’m aware. I did say it was just my opinion. I don’t care what people want in their stories when I’m answering a question about my own beliefs.

That said, Star Wars is either shit at moral ambiguity, or it rarely even attempts it. It’s not like the Dark side is ever portrayed as anything other than pure evil, even now.