Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #3

5 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Not to mention the occupation of forts throughout the empire, as well as using governors loyal on the the Emperor in such places as the Reach and Stros M'Kai. And of course the Blades and Penitus Oculatus are classic shadowy organizations. 

Don’t forget the fact that the Altmer only joined at all because the alternative Tiber gave them was total genocide of their islands. They were massacred into submission.

4 hours ago, BTCollins said:

In his defense, he wants to be in the boys division but Texas won’t let him. I think that would be more fair, but that would mean the state would be acknowledging he’s male which they don’t want to do. 

I really don't buy this as an excuse because the person could change their birth certificate to match the gender they want to compete as. It would require going to court for the change, but if you're going to transition permanently, why not do it anyway?

2 hours ago, BTCollins said:

I'm really confused about this. So, he's saying that America is bad because it's imperialistic, which, yeah, I agree. I'm taking a class on US Imperialism this semester and it's hard to deny that fact, although I don't know that most people think Afghanistan is an example of that. It's mostly Iraq. What's strange to me is he's obviously saying he doesn't agree with American imperialism, and yet he agrees with Cyrodiilic imperialism? How does that make sense? 

I'm guessing the concept they were going for is nationalist, but it's someone living overseas so "America is bad" = imperialism in their usual lingo, and they didn't get the disconnect here.

10 minutes ago, Celan said:

I really don't buy this as an excuse because the person could change their birth certificate to match the gender they want to compete as. It would require going to court for the change, but if you're going to transition permanently, why not do it anyway?

Very few courts in Texas offer that and I think it’s a pretty long process. Maybe even more so for a minor. And I’m not sure if that itself would be enough to get around the UIL rules. But it does seem like something that would be a work around for those problems, if it’s enough to get around the rules. 

7 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Very few courts in Texas offer that and I think it’s a pretty long process. Maybe even more so for a minor. And I’m not sure if that itself would be enough to get around the UIL rules. But it does seem like something that would be a work around for those problems, if it’s enough to get around the rules. 

Just looking at a website advising trans people on this very thing, they say it can be done by mail and only takes a couple weeks. I guess it could be different for different jurisdictions.

I don't think this is a solution to the issue generally, because I still wouldn't want to share a bathroom or locker room with someone swinging a ding-a-ling. Which was the thorny issue here in North Carolina. But at least that would demonstrate to me the person was serious about wanting to wrestle with the boys.

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

To play devil's adovate, Roman Imperialism is quite a bit different then American Imperialism. Americans like to maintain military bases, exert influence from the shadows, and wage proxy wars without fully occupying foreign territory. 

BTW Disney is too chicken to do this. LOL, not going to happen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/frozen-director-elsa-girlfriend_us_5a9388c5e4b01e9e56bd1ead

You realize this is exactly what Romans did to territory they couldn’t control?

Germany, hello? And that’s not devil’s advocate, that’s just you advocating XD:P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Germany, hello? And that’s not devil’s advocate, that’s just you advocating XD:P 

I can't believe I missed that comment!

I could have teased Balrog by listing all the Roman garrisons in other kingdoms!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It's different . The Romans set up Forts at the borders of the empire as a kind of command center, with the eventual full conquest of the territory. Or they set up forts in puppet states/satrpies to watch their puppets carefully, and exert Roman dominance/power on them until it was time to send in the Legios.

I don't recall reading about the Romans having areas they weren't planning on fully taking over?

I don't think the US has any plans to fully take over the regions they set up their military bases like South Korea. Or do they...?

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's different . The Romans set up Forts at the borders of the empire as a kind of command center, with the eventual full conquest of the territory. Or they set up forts in puppet states/satrpies to watch their puppets carefully, and exert Roman dominance/power on them until it was time to send in the Legios.

I don't recall reading about the Romans having areas they weren't planning on fully taking over?

I don't think the US has any plans to fully take over the regions they set up their military bases like South Korea. Or do they...?

So it’s ok to make a country their bih so long as they plan to force them to rock the ring “eventually”?

XD I’m not seeing the logic here.

As for the US I think we incorporate the idea of why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.

Relatively speaking.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So it’s ok to make a country their bih so long as they plan to force them to rock the ring “eventually”?

XD I’m not seeing the logic here.

As for the US I think we incorporate the idea of why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.

Relatively speaking.

Well it's smart. Might as well have a force there in preparation for the take over (Troops who will by now know all the local customs and know the area better) 

The US way....eh, I guess it's to exert an area of control without owning the territory?

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Well it's smart. Might as well have a force there in preparation for the take over (Troops who will by now know all the local customs and know the area better) 

The US way....eh, I guess it's to exert an area of control without owning the territory?

Exactly. And that’s as smart as it gets.

You get the resources, exploit the populace, AND if shit goes down with a country across the globe you have a nation you can go to set up for an assault nearby.

Thats why we bother with places like South Korea or Romania. Otherwise we wouldn’t give a fuck.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

You know what’s funny is in another 1000 years one of your offspring will be just like you with Romans, except it’ll be us they idolize and romanticize beyond all reasoning.

No way in hell XD It'll be the Great Canadian Empire of 2800.