Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #3

That’s my little brother’s dream. He wants to be a YouTuber and or live stream for a living....

Normally I wouldn’t shit on someone for being different but because I know my brother, I’m gonna say it’s because he’s lazy as shit and at this point I doubt his capability to even flip burgers...

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

13 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Why dont they just have a separate league for transgender people? I don't think it's quite fair.

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Why dont they just have a separate league for transgender people? I don't think it's quite fair.

Are there enough trans people in sports to make up their own leagues? 

I almost posted that picture yesterday because I thought it was so funny. The mother said that her kid winning has nothing to do with the insane testosterone advantage and that it’s all just pure skill. Right.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

In his defense, he wants to be in the boys division but Texas won’t let him. I think that would be more fair, but that would mean the state would be acknowledging he’s male which they don’t want to do. 

1 minute ago, BTCollins said:

In his defense, he wants to be in the boys division but Texas won’t let him. I think that would be more fair, but that would mean the state would be acknowledging he’s male which they don’t want to do. 

But then you’d have to do the reverse and we’d have people born as men entering women’s leagues and doing the same thing.

5 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

I’m confused, was he born male or female? I thought he was a dude trying to be a woman.

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Because there’d probably be all of one or two people from a whole school that fall in that category that wish to wrestle. 

Need to have some balls and declare they go to the league for which gender they were born as.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

But then you’d have to do the reverse and we’d have people born as men entering women’s leagues and doing the same thing.

I was under the impression part of that transition was suppression of testosterone levels to be more in line with women. I guess in that case you could make the athlete provide blood work to prove they're within the normal range of women

I don't think it's an easy answer but it would seem fairer than what's happening now

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’m confused, was he born male or female? I thought he was a dude trying to be a woman.

Other way around. Female to male transition. Female at birth, identifies as male now

Edited by BTCollins

25 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

was under the impression part of that transition was suppression of testosterone levels to be more in line with women. I guess in that case you could make the athlete provide blood work to prove they're within the normal range of women

I don't think it's an easy answer but it would seem fairer than what's happening now

Grown women on the highest end of testosterone levels still have like a forth as much as men on he lowest end. Much of that is developed through puberty and much of what is gained through puberty cannot be undone except through much more extensive procedures than many people who consider themselves trans ever go through. And since the entire standard for being a trans is based on identity, not testosterone levels, the only way to keep men from throwing on wigs and kicking the everloving crap out of women in a ring is to tell them that they’re still men in that respect.

I don’t think fairness can be established when it comes to this, if we’re also to accommodate the trans folks. We’ll either have biological women getting roided up and kicking the crap out of women, or biological men who identity as women and do the same thing without the roids. In either case, normal women lose. In the event that we make it so only biological men who have undergone extensive enough surgeries to have woman-level testosterone (I’m no expert. Do they actually go that far?) are allowed to compete, then all the other biological men who identity as women but haven’t had those surgeries will be excluded - which would show that it’s not a matter of identity at all.

I would simply do tests for steroids on everyone joining as well as restrict people by what they’re born as. So if you’re a male that suppresses his testosterone and you get owned by other males, it’s on you.

And roided up females won’t destroy the other women.

Yea trans lose but hey, no one said sports was supposed to accommodate for people with disabilities, or people that just follow a trend, whichever the case is.

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I would simply do tests for steroids on everyone joining as well as restrict people by what they’re born as. So if you’re a male that suppresses his testosterone and you get owned by other males, it’s on you.

And roided up females won’t destroy the other women.

Yea trans lose but hey, no one said sports was supposed to accommodate for people with disabilities, or people that just follow a trend, whichever the case is.

That would be my solution as well.

Though I would watch the hell out of a league that is specifically for any and all people who take steroids. Trans or not. XD It’d be so over the top.

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

In the event that we make it so only biological men who have undergone extensive enough surgeries to have woman-level testosterone (I’m no expert. Do they actually go that far?) are allowed to compete, then all the other biological men who identity as women but haven’t had those surgeries will be excluded - which would show that it’s not a matter of identity at all.

I have no idea, that was just my impression but I could be totally wrong. I imagine going forward it would be more likely to be the case though, as that technology changes to better facilitate those transitions. 

I think it's probably the case the situation as is will persist since there doesn't seem to be much movement toward allowing people to participate in the divisions for which they identify. Honestly, something like Balrog suggested but nationwide would be the clearest solution. There'd be a larger pool of participants that the state level wouldn't have, but then you have the competition outside the regular sports and it wouldn't be the same. 

Or maybe it's something best left to a case by case basis. I don't think any solution will come down on the issue of identity but it doesn't seem fair to anyone the situation of the story Colonel posted. 

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I think the issue here is it's not steroids but something different. I have a family member, for instance, who takes testosterone injections because they have some disease or something that suppresses testosterone production. And if you made it be a medical waiver, I think trans folks would be able to get one. 

I do think individual sports like this are the biggest problem, though, since you already have women playing sports like football in high school. There probably wouldn't be an issue with someone transitioning there.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Though I would watch the hell out of a league that is specifically for any and all people who take steroids. Trans or not. XD It’d be so over the top.

Well, the late 90 and early 2000s were baseball's most recent heyday and basically everyone was shooting up then, so I think there'd be a market for it lol

5 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

I think the issue here is it's not steroids but something different. I have a family member, for instance, who takes testosterone injections because they have some disease or something that suppresses testosterone production. And if you made it be a medical waiver, I think trans folks would be able to get one. 

Testosterone is a steroid.

6 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

Well, the late 90 and early 2000s were baseball's most recent heyday and basically everyone was shooting up then, so I think there'd be a market for it lol

I’m not saying I’d condone it, but if some crazy athelete wants to fuck with their body in potentially unhealthy ways so they can beat up other juicers in a cage for my amusement... I mean it’s a free country. XD 

Just keep them away from the clean sports.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Testosterone is a steroid.

:facepalm:I should've phrased that better, since what I meant is that in this case it's being taken as a medication, much like if you had testosterone deficiency. Which I believe you can get a waiver for, and that wrestler did as well. Which would mean changing how that is done, like constricting a waiver like that to certain individuals and removing transitioning as a valid reason. I believe there was a lawsuit that tried to do that but it was dismissed, and the TX senate education committee also left the steroid policy as is, which is why he was able to compete.

15 hours ago, Centurion said:

I just wanna through this thing out that I found on our dinosaur friends page

Reveal hidden contents

5959E6DB-722A-4408-B459-F77471BCF7E7.thumb.png.1e38fb89ede0b1c4f20abdf32059caba.png

I'm really confused about this. So, he's saying that America is bad because it's imperialistic, which, yeah, I agree. I'm taking a class on US Imperialism this semester and it's hard to deny that fact, although I don't know that most people think Afghanistan is an example of that. It's mostly Iraq. What's strange to me is he's obviously saying he doesn't agree with American imperialism, and yet he agrees with Cyrodiilic imperialism? How does that make sense? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

I'm really confused about this. So, he's saying that America is bad because it's imperialistic, which, yeah, I agree. I'm taking a class on US Imperialism this semester and it's hard to deny that fact, although I don't know that most people think Afghanistan is an example of that. It's mostly Iraq. What's strange to me is he's obviously saying he doesn't agree with American imperialism, and yet he agrees with Cyrodiilic imperialism? How does that make sense? 

Yeah, it’s weird that he’s calling out Stormcloak fans as supporters of imperialism instead of, you know, Imperials. XD It’s in the freaking name!

34 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

To play devil's adovate, Roman Imperialism is quite a bit different then American Imperialism. Americans like to maintain military bases, exert influence from the shadows, and wage proxy wars without fully occupying foreign territory. 

BTW Disney is too chicken to do this. LOL, not going to happen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/frozen-director-elsa-girlfriend_us_5a9388c5e4b01e9e56bd1ead

14 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

To play devil's adovate, Roman Imperialism is quite a bit different then American Imperialism. Americans like to maintain military bases, exert influence from the shadows, and wage proxy wars without fully occupying foreign territory. 

Nobody was talking about about Roman imperialism. The Empire in Tamriel does or has done all of those things. They have a much more vicious track record of imperialism than America.

16 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Well, yeah, but British imperialism was different than Mongol was different than Roman. No two imperial systems look alike since they operate in different world and national contexts that inform the methods of their empire. Cyrodiil is no different in that regard, since you see a hands off imperialism in High Rock, whereas they're much more heavy handed (I presume, didn't play Morrowind) in Morrowind, backing their favored ruling class and helping it rise to prominence over the others. Not to mention the occupation of forts throughout the empire, as well as using governors loyal on the the Emperor in such places as the Reach and Stros M'Kai. And of course the Blades and Penitus Oculatus are classic shadowy organizations. 

Edited by BTCollins
  • Like 1