• Brund Hammer-Fang
    • Corio Adorin
    • Lorgar Grim-Maw
    • Darius Bathory
    • Maven Black-Briar
    • Ubbe the Savage
    • Theudofrid?
    • Baldur Red-Snow

@ColonelKillaBee Ayy I'm pleased my retcons have been translated well to (digital) paper! With my current knowledge of the lore and experience writing, I'm exercising a vision of Roscrea that actually fits with the setting, while being my own thing.

Knowing your love for the metaphysical and symbolic shit in Elder Scrolls, I thought you'd enjoy the Nightmare, perhaps even One-Eighth more then Doc?

In case you don't read any of my more recent Origin posts, the native Roscreans are about the closest thing you'll get to a successor to the Dragon Cult. Ald-Tusk (The native deity that's hybridized between Alduin and the oversoul, Aka-Tusk) is the chief of their pantheon as a quasi-monotheistic religion. Jhunal is the only Nordic god worshiped by the natives, hint hint due to the Druids hint hint, while the Dov are revered as near-gods. After the events of Skyrim there was pretty serious friction between the Alduin/Aka-Tusk worshiping natives and the Haafingar-Folk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yessir, gotta say, your writing has greatly improved my man.

Thanks XD 

Though when I resounded to improve on Dales, I wanted to organically keep her vices, and slowly have her overcome them rather then just get rid of them right away. I hope she doesn't seem like a different character. 

• Like 3

Nah she's still the same blockhead XD But she's grown, and is getting shit done, and showing she actually does care about her people and her men without just saying so.

Plus, when she was shown to be compassionate to the legionnaires, it wasn't universally looked at like "Oh sweet bebe you so nice we love you". Cassia pointed out that with soldiers, discipline and compassion is important, with more emphasis on discipline. So we got to see that she's nice while also having the negative side of that presented, and she took it on herself to remain that way regardless of Cassia's advice, which could be looked at as a negative on her, if you wanted, but I just saw it as that's her personality.

It reminded me of Brund's critiquing of Baldur's leadership style except Brund is 100 percent all fear and discipline lol, and Baldur, well things have changed a lot since he became a Grim One, again anyway. It's a good 50 50 now instead of more like 70-30 in Solitude.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Not to mention, even if there affection for you is genuine, if you coddle them 24/7, they might try to pull bullshit with you, knowing they can get away with it. (Ask for money, booze, breaks, shit like that) XD I'd say the discipline the Legion installs during training may help with that, but soldiers are still soldiers. 

You can easily say Dales is loved by her men, but respected is another matter entirely. 

• Like 1

@The Good Doctor

Man I regret not reading your Origins post sooner! The interviews were each very entertaining and had their own little quirks and at times silliness, (in-universe) intentional or otherwise. And man the Telvanni were just about as faithfully depicted as could be, an absolutely stellar read!

And considering the situation, Dratha didn't think she needed Lifealert™. Who's laughing now?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@The Good Doctor

Hide contents

Man I regret not reading your Origins post sooner! The interviews were each very entertaining and had their own little quirks and at times silliness, (in-universe) intentional or otherwise. And man the Telvanni were just about as faithfully depicted as could be, an absolutely stellar read!

And considering the situation, Dratha didn't think she needed Lifealert™. Who's laughing now?

Thanks. :lol:

And I liked your new poem. Looks like Sovngarde doesn’t await for this poor warrior.

• Thanks 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

@BigBossBalrog

I’m reading the newest Dales post now and I was wondering if you could clarify something for me.

" Before she passed the duo, who drifted apart to make way for her entourage; which included Cassia, Tiberius, and Nhakir "

Is Nhakir a character we’ve ever met before?

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog

I’m reading the newest Dales post now and I was wondering if you could clarify something for me.

Hide contents

" Before she passed the duo, who drifted apart to make way for her entourage; which included Cassia, Tiberius, and Nhakir "

Is Nhakir a character we’ve ever met before?

Yes. He never talks though (Dales think's he's missing his tongue); he's one of Dales Palace Guard. He's a Redguard, wears traditional Cataphract armor too, and wields a two handed great spear.  He's always in the background watching XD

• Thanks 1

Speaking of Redguards, Fort Sutch’s Red Guards threw me off. :P For a minute there I thought you were saying they had some kind of elite force of exclusively Redguards and spellcheck was just changing it to two words. Then I realized that they’re just the same guards from before wearing red. XD 

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Speaking of Redguards, Fort Sutch’s Red Guards threw me off. :P For a minute there I thought you were saying they had some kind of elite force of exclusively Redguards and spellcheck was just changing it to two words. Then I realized that they’re just the same guards from before wearing red. XD 

I use red and Rubrum (which is latin for red) interchangeably, if it's confusing i'll stick to Rubrum. It's the Red/Rubrum Guards of Sutch XD There the elites, the Count's Chosen Men. 

@BigBossBalrog

Despite their antagonism, I quite like the Domitius family. Valerius is my favorite of the younger generation, because I find his 'I am so done with this shit' attitude towards both his family’s lack of decorum and the whole situation hilarious. But the Count is my favorite overall, without question. 

As before, the flashback was probably my favorite part. The way you cut away from "I can present you to father" to Dales’s childhood memories of that very same throne room was excellent and reminded me of the Zuko flashbacks from AtLA. The description of the tapestry was awesome, and you did a great job of painting a vivid picture of the famous battle without going overboard in the exposition by having some character randomly explain it or some shit like that.

And all these late game snippets of characterization for Amaund Motierre are very welcome. I like slowly learning that he wasn’t just a monster with no redeeming qualities like it seemed in chapter 2. It makes sense that he would’ve become more vicious as his ambitions grew and especially after kneeling to the Thalmor, as it’s not uncommon for cowards to take out their internalized self-hate on those around them. That he got worse over time feels way more human than just being nasty and abusive for the sake of it, while still preserving his status as a piece of shit. XD Who knew Amaund of all people would start to look nuanced by the end of chapter 3?

The cut back to the throne room, with Dales standing in the same spot in front of an elderly version of the same man as her flashback was just as good. 

Also, the legendary Dragonsword of Lainlyn!!!!!!! You just couldn’t help yourself, could you? XD I’m glad. Just the reveal alone was fucking sick. In Oblivion, the sword’s owner was granted fire magic beyond just the blade’s own enchantment, so I reckon Count Domitus is more dangerous than he appears. Between this and his appearance, I’m starting to think you modeled him after a certain fire god. :GwynSucks:

Dales’s response that "Wolves aren't people, Count" is one of my favorite things she’s said. I love it when people cut up bullshit analogies. XD Even he was like "Yeah you’re right". Their exchange was very good, and my only real complaint is that I liked it so much I wish it hadn’t ended so quickly. I hope he survives long enough to have that follow-up meeting. They had good chemistry and I’m very interested to hear more of what both of them have to say to each other.

The ominous "rotten" vibe Dales has at the end was very apt, and you’ve done a good job of getting it across throughout these posts without just saying "shit’s rotten, yo". I felt the same way before she was shown having the thought. We still have the cultists lurking somewhere near, so there is plenty of mystery left in this place. I’m genuinely eager to read how it plays out. 

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

there is plenty of mystery left in this place. I’m genuinely eager to read how it plays out. 

In other words, don’t you dare stop this rapid fire posting trend you’re on like you did for my boy Avitus. :stare: I can handle him being in a year long state of cliffhanger limbo, but Dales is too important and her current plot is way too intriguing.

She’s also easily ran away as my favorite of your POV characters lately. Maybe that’s in part because she’s the only one we’ve seen in a while, but it definitely also has to do with your characterization of her growing steadily more consistent, and frankly, likable.

• Like 1