• Brund Hammer-Fang
    • Corio Adorin
    • Lorgar Grim-Maw
    • Darius Bathory
    • Maven Black-Briar
    • Ubbe the Savage
    • Theudofrid?
    • Baldur Red-Snow

Ah fair enough. Also I remember that Brunds war with the reach sent some of the Reachmen up there, fleeing, which might’ve gave him some clue to their defenses but luckily the towns been growing like crazy. May be big enough to be called a hold.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

20 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ah fair enough. Also I remember that Brunds war with the reach sent some of the Reachmen up there, fleeing, which might’ve gave him some clue to their defenses but luckily the towns been growing like crazy. May be big enough to be called a hold.

A hold is more than a town, though. The town would just be the capital or holdfast of a larger region. They’d have to carve the land out from Haafingar.

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I know lol, but Morthal and Karthwasten wee both in close proximity to Haafingar, Morthal being pretty small, and both were holds before Karthwasten was destroyed and with its own Jarl and everything. 

Karthwatch* XD And yeah, the borders can certainly shift. But Morthal has long been the capital of Hjaalmarch, which is a very large hold that Solitude just happens to be near the edge of. And we don’t know how much land Karthwatch consisted of since we haven’t seen a political map of the 2nd era, but it likely contains a nice chunk of the northern Reach. Neither of those examples are just a small piece of land.

I was driving, my mom's car broke down*

You ass XD 

Morthal, land-wise ain't that big and is more like one hick town in an area barely anyone wants to live in.

Kyne's watch occupies an area also no one wanted to live in, with a major fort and naval port that rivals Solitude's houses the King and where soldiers regularly patrol all around both for the trials and because of occasional Reachman attacks, and the city is growing.

They're not gonna have a choice but to let land go to them, people will consider it their territory anyway. It's natural from the recent events that Solitude loses land also.

Correction, in present time Morthal actually is pretty big, Karth watch no longer exists so it probably got ate. Solitude's pretty small in comparison so you're right there.

Still, there's no reason Kyne's watch and the surrounding area couldn't be a hold. You were the one that suggested as much actually back in the day and I was apprehensive because it could get cancelled out by Bethesda very easily... back when we thought TES 6 was just around the corner.

Since thats no longer an issue, I don't see a problem with it. It's importance to Skyrim is more important than its size. They don't really have a rule about what qualifies as a hold, it's essentially territory owned by a Jarl or King.

Looking at the map too, Solitude has a lot of land up in the Northwest area that no one is using. Karthwatch took up relatively very small land looking at the map, in comparison to Solitude and Morthal, but they were called a hold because they are the first line of defense for Western Skyrim against the Reachmen, at the time when the Reachmen had a bigger... well, reach lol. Things are different now but not so different. Reachmen could come from several locations but because they attacked from the west before, and because of Kyne's watch being a military town with elite forces and a large navy, they can hold that sort of special status as well, especially with a King there.

Their position would be more about defending their waters though from the Thalmor on the west than the now mostly subdued Reachmen.

Actually, now that I think about it, Baldur pretty much claimed that whole mountain range west of Skyrim when he gave the main mountain there to Nahfahlaar lol. Pretty sure no one would argue XD Especially with Elisif now dead.

Might name that hold after Nafy, he deserves it.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Karthwatch took up relatively very small land looking at the map, in comparison to Solitude and Morthal, but they were called a hold because they are the first line of defense for Western Skyrim against the Reachmen, at the time when the Reachmen had a bigger... well, reach lol.

We still have no info on how large Karthwatch Hold was. Zenimax haven’t released a map that depicts its borders yet. Considering its location and purpose, though, it most likely encompasses westerns lands that are contested by the Reachmen. I doubt the southern border is agreed upon by the Nords and Reachmen, similar to the Black Marsh/Morrowind border in the 4th era. Both factions would undoubtedly lay claim to more of it than they actually hold.

And I apologize for doing the multi post thing, feel free to break it down like you normally do @The Good Doctor I just have a headache still, and sleep deprivation lol, especially with dealing with mom's car just now.

As for the rest, me n doc are writing so I'll be reading as soon as I lose the headache. 

29 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

They're not gonna have a choice but to let land go to them, people will consider it their territory anyway. It's natural from the recent events that Solitude loses land also.

I don’t have a problem with that. I was just pointing out that they would have to take the land for it to be a proper hold. A city ain’t much of a hold by itself. XD The long stop of land north of that mountain range would certainly work. It would be kinda like the Normandy of Skyrim.

Though it does raise the issue that Baldur is the Jarl of Eastmarch. He may be the High King, but also being the Jarl of two distant holds is a bit of a tall order.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And I apologize for doing the multi post thing, feel free to break it down like you normally do @The Good Doctor I just have a headache still, and sleep deprivation lol, especially with dealing with mom's car just now.

As for the rest, me n doc are writing so I'll be reading as soon as I lose the headache. 

Sounds like you need some water. And sleep. Quit staying up til five in the morning. XD 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t have a problem with that. I was just pointing out that they would have to take the land for it to be a proper hold. A city ain’t much of a hold by itself. XD The long stop of land north of that mountain range would certainly work. It would be kinda like the Normandy of Skyrim.

Though it does raise the issue that Baldur is the Jarl of Eastmarch. He may be the High King, but also being the Jarl of two distant holds is a bit of a tall order.

Ah, then we were never in disagreement then lol. XD I was never gonna call just the town a hold, they've been patrolling and occupying much of the surrounding land already.

I don't plan on having Baldur remain Jarl there. In fact, I've wanted to give Veleda that city back and make her Jarl despite the people's wishes there and abroad who likely want to see the new king still seated in Eastmarch. I'll ask @Celan what she thinks about it and talk about it in private, even if she's not writing, it's still her character so I wanna know if thats something Vel would even accept.

If not, there's other candidates. Hell, maybe Galmar even.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Dales could really use a Dragon right now, too bad her employee is busy playing with crazy children and fucking off in the middle of nowhere in some backwaters province XD

Just say the word lol, Nafy doesn't only stay in Skyrim. He can fly from there to Cyrodiil pretty quickly I'd imagine. Maybe since she doesn't have the voice, he could hook her up with a dragon horn for calling him if she needs aid.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I like Nahfahlaar. A lot. But fuck no he doesn’t. XD 

My boy saved the world back in 2E!

Baldur wouldn't know that of course but come on XD My man needs a hold named after him! He is aiding mortal kind yet again.

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Sounds like you need some water. And sleep. Quit staying up til five in the morning. XD 

It was 3 XD I was gonna sleep till 11, but then moms wakes me up at 7 talking bout she needs a pickup. Then they wanted to try and fix the car, and I told grandad it's just gonna keep breaking down but he wouldn't listen so we were tinkering with it for two hours before his mechanic friend came and told him what I told them both lol. So yea, four hours of sleep today, max. :( 

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Just say the word lol, Nafy doesn't only stay in Skyrim. He can fly from there to Cyrodiil pretty quickly I'd imagine. Maybe since she doesn't have the voice, he could hook her up with a dragon horn for calling him if she needs aid.

Shine a giant Dragon spotlight into the sky. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

My boy saved the world back in 2E!

Baldur wouldn't know that of course but come on XD My man needs a hold named after him! He is aiding mortal kind yet again.

Fuck them cats! XD 

I don’t know, naming it after a dragon is kinda dragon culty. Not a good look considering the Nords just started ruling themselves again.

Plus, he’s a mercenary rather than a hero, he aided the Empire in squashing rebels, he hasn’t actually done much for Skyrim yet, and he shit talks Baldur’s hair.