• Corio Adorin
    • Lorgar Grim-Maw
    • Darius Bathory
    • Maven Black-Briar
    • Ubbe the Savage
    • Theudofrid?
    • Baldur Red-Snow

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm surprised you didn't put mr "lets burn down a city", and misses "sexual harassment in the work place; and religious prosecution"  in the poll XD

Because nobody would think to consider them evil but you. XD And we all knew you were gonna vote Baldur anyway so it would’ve been pointless.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

51 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

She has reasons. They’re greedy as hell, but still reasons. I don’t remember Maven ever doing anything just for cruelty’s sake in the game, and I never wrote her to in the RP either.

Rofl my bad, I should've said "Good reasons" XD  Lolol

Greed and such aren't reasons but impulses, and her level of cruelty for her goals to me seem very unnecessary.

They're much less valid than running a country, protecting your family, or an unrootable desire for revenge.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

29 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

They're much less valid than running a country, protecting your family, or an unrootable desire for revenge.

Agreed on the family one, but not the other two. Maven’s entire life and family are intrinsically tied up in their enterprise. Its success is what motivates them, which is at least a tangibly beneficial thing, unlike revenge. At the end of the day, it’s just a powerful family with control over a big crime syndicate. She kills her enemies and bullies her rivals. I agree that it’s awful, but it’s rarely excessive for achieving her goals (nowhere near the level of genocidal soul-eating, feeding a man’s family to him, or gouging out the eyes of a man who pissed you off XD). She’s a more cold and passionless sort of evil.

Though going after Boldir at first was partly about revenge. But after that turned out to be a huge mistake, it became equal parts about survival. She was fucked the moment she went against a man who turned out to be a High General’s shield brother. They needed to win, or else they’d lose everything.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

I just don't see it my dude XD Business success and family wealth aren't things to kill for, but then I'm not a business tycoon so I can't relate.

I can relate to revenge and protecting loved ones tho and doing anything to fulfill those goals. Same for doing anything to put your country first.

Killing for greed even if I did accept its a valid motivation, and I don't, is easily the most crass of the choices.

Also, Theo doesn’t strike me as motivated by love of country. He tricked High Rock into a devastating war that cost the lives of thousands just so he could be king. He’s a power-hungry bastard like Maven but on a larger scale and waaaaay more petty and sadistic. 

Sibbi is closer to Theo, imo. He‘s the petty and sadistic one of the clan.

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I just don't see it my dude XD Business success and family wealth aren't things to kill for, but then I'm not a business tycoon so I can't relate.

Far as I see it, her business is just a smaller empire. It’s the thing she grew up loyal to, not Skyrim or the Medes. Killing for a country or a business is potentially acceptable in my book given the right circumstances. But murdering innocents is equally bad in both cases.

Revenge is more understandable, true. But we’re not just talking about a few individuals here. We’re talking about an entire race of millions and the consumption of immortal souls besides (including the souls of humans for whom he has no hatred or reasonable desire for revenge). Like, if it came out that a Jew killed one of Hitler’s loved ones, I don’t think people would suddenly come to see him as less evil than Tony Soprano.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Far as I see it, her business is just a smaller empire. Killing for either is potentially acceptable in my book given the right circumstances. But murdering innocents is equally bad in both cases.

Revenge is more understandable, true. But we’re not just talking about a few individuals here. We’re talking about an entire race of millions and the consumption of immortal souls besides (including the souls of humans for whom he has no hatred or reasonable desire for revenge). Like, if it came out that a Jew killed one of Hitler’s loved ones, I don’t think people would suddenly come to see him as less evil than Tony Soprano.

Okay Janice; TONY DID NOTHING WRONG! XD

It’s also worth noting that Maven’s business and her clan are intertwined. Going off ESO, it’s literally older than the modern empire. Granted, I didn’t know that when I started writing them. XD 

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Okay Janice; TONY DID NOTHING WRONG! XD

Tony a bad dude. Maven is worse though so it wasn’t a great comparison.

Still, I think Hitler and Yornar blow them both out of the water regardless of motivation. XD 

Meh lol for me, what's more or less evil comes down to what's relatable. The more alien a concept is to me, the more evil it is.

Even the Bible says the love of money is the root of all evil. Yea that quote is overused and overstated but it still comes to mind for me. Killing for gold or money, a currency is the most base instinct intelligent beings have imo, don't care how old the family business is.

Only time I get that is when it's to feed your family, and these niggas ain't starving.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Tony a bad dude. Maven is worse though so it wasn’t a great comparison.

Still, I think Hitler and Yornar blow them both out of the water. XD 

Hitler's motivation is the Jews stole black history and no one liked his paintings XD 

The more alien a concept is to me, the more evil it is.

This definition would make evil completely subjective. It would mean basic math is evil because it’s alien to an idiot.

Plus it kinda contradicts this

Killing for gold or money, a currency is the most base instinct intelligent beings have imo,

It can’t be that alien if it’s the most base instinct.

Besides, the Black-Briars don’t just kill for gold. Gold is just one piece of the whole thing and not their main motivator.

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hitler's motivation is the Jews stole black history and no one liked his paintings XD 

Well that basically makes him less evil than anyone on our list. And dumber than any of them besides Lorgar. XD 

I updated my list. 

Darius
Yornar
Baldur
Brund
Theodore
Ubbe
Corio
Hitler
Lorgar

Removed Maven, she did nothing wrong. Added Hitler, the more I read about that guy, the less I care for him. Baldur got bumped up because my negus gouged a man’s eyes. Lorgar is still a gross elf-eater but the least evil of the bunch.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I updated my list. 

Darius
Yornar
Baldur
Brund
Theodore
Ubbe
Corio
Hitler
Lorgar

Removed Maven, she did nothing wrong. Added Hitler, the more I read about that guy, the less I care for him. Baldur got bumped up because my negus gouged a man’s eyes. Lorgar is still a gross elf-eater but the least evil of the bunch.

That Baldur seems like a really bad dude. 

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

It can’t be that alien if it’s the most base instinct.

It is if it's not a base instinct I share... :P I've never been a greedy individual so this doesn't at all compute. Couldn't begin to understand that level of selfishness, taking someone else's life just for money.

So for ME, it's as alien as Azathoth's asshole.

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Besides, the Black-Briars don’t just kill for gold. Gold is just one piece of the whole thing and not their main motivator.

More like an excuse. It seems like just gold and influence to me, which is still pretty dang alien for me. It's so weak of a motivator that it really just disgusts me.