• Corio Adorin
    • Lorgar Grim-Maw
    • Darius Bathory
    • Maven Black-Briar
    • Ubbe the Savage
    • Theudofrid?
    • Baldur Red-Snow

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ain't that the racist that underpays the lizards?

He's perfect XD 

Shatter-Shield.

Cruel-Sea is the one who promised to oversee building Ulfric a navy if he said the word, tortured the Altmer who killed his daughter, and comes from a long line of sailers. Plus, you already made him Baldur’s steward. XD 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

:rofl: The hair thing is a pretty big problem that he must pay for.

But I didn't mean they'd name it after him today, the town/city is still in development.

If you’re gonna name it after someone, I’d nominate Vigge. An actual hero who loved Skyrim and died protecting the area from invaders. Not a mercenary who fights for himself and has a history of suppressing freedom fighters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If you’re gonna name it after someone, I’d nominate Vigge. An actual hero who loved Skyrim and died protecting the area from invaders. Not a mercenary who fights for himself and has a history of suppressing freedom fighters.

Anti-Dragon propaganda. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Meh. He tried to cock block Baldur XD  Nahfahlaar protects the entire area, at least in the minds of the Nords there and abroad. You think they wouldn't name the place after him themselves? Though it wouldn't be Nahfahlaar or laan, they'd probably call it Dovamarch or some shit, or however you say dragon in the Nordic tongue.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Nahfahlaar protects the entire area, at least in the minds of the Nords there and abroad. You think they wouldn't name the place after him themselves?

I don’t, actually. Not that it matters as I’m guessing Baldur would be the one to name it. But I don’t think the Nords would view the dragon as their protector. Especially when the area has been attacked twice already and it was they who threw back the invaders both times. I think they’re too proud to give a dragon mercenary so much credit. Especially when he mostly just hangs out on a nearby mountain and is effectively just a cool oddity.

They don't even know he's a mercenary or what his deal is lol, all they know is there's a dragon above their town in cahoots with their king. I think you're underestimating the Nord's love of legends, and how safe the average people would feel living around a king that just kinda casually has a dragon ally living with him in the same hold and didn't make any sort of announcement or anything about it. It's just a thing.

Especially after all that talk about Baldur being eaten by a dragon, or becoming a dragon, etc etc after the moot.

The Nords are stubborn and hard to impress but they're not THAT chill.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I think you're underestimating the Nord's love of legends, and how safe the average people would feel living around a king that just kinda casually has a dragon ally living with him in the same hold and didn't make any sort of announcement or anything about it. It's just a thing.

Speaking of legends, this is only a few years after the dragons returned and basically tried to kill everybody. If anything, there should be just as as much concern over his presence as there is interest. Rebec got that right, I feel.

And it’s a military town first and foremost. Birthplace of the Grim Ones. The prominent figures in the region aren’t merchants and farmers. They’re warriors and adventurers who fought for the area themselves and look up to Baldur as a sort of hero king, not the dragon who just started hanging out.

Sure, he brings some security but these guys would not be the sort to overlook their own part in defending the place because a dragon showed up. 

• Like 1

Well it's also a sailor's town, and the sailors are the ones that built it. They're just as superstitious as the rest of the Nords, moreso probably, and since they likely know how devastating a Dragon would be at sea against their enemies, I'd bet they're mighty impressed with it. Even if also fearful as rebec. 

It could be a respect thing, safety thing, or fearful thing. Plus, its a town named after Kyne, and Dragons are associated with her as well because of the voice and being flying creatures, albeit not as much as with Alduin of course.

I think it could go either way personally.

But sure, I guess it could be called Grim Hold XD 

Jumping in on the discussion of the hold. Kyne's Watch would need to be more expansive then just the township if it were to be a proper hold. You need citizens to tax in the country, and since there ain't gonna be any agricultural development, hunters and caravans to bring in foodstuffs to support the city.

Or a 'grain dole' but nevertheless, there still needs to be a rural population to have hegemony over, otherwise Kyne's Watch is little more then a royal holding of the crown within Haafingar.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

and since there ain't gonna be any agricultural development, hunters and caravans to bring in foodstuffs to support the city.

This is already happening and has been mentioned before. I assume that Eastmarch more or less has been footing the bill, since up to this point Kyne’s Watch has essentially been a western extension of Windhelm’s power.

Although with Windhelm (and Riften for that matter) still recovering from some pretty severe devastation, I would assume that Baldur would have had to seek aid from his allies in other holds. The debt that would come of this could be an interesting avenue to explore one day. Could lead to Markarth with all its silver (and free labor, thanks Brund XD) would emerge as the chief economic power in Skyrim.

It’s a port and fishing city, the dept is mostly from the sailors that came and helped build the place with their own trading contractors and personal wealth like Baldurs thane. This had all been covered in the rp lol. The only dept to Eastmarch is what Ulfric himself volunteered initially from his own pocket.

Baldur himself started trade with High Rock to further fund expenses.