Civil War Aftermath OOC #2

18 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Just curious, but are the Khajiit caravans still running around in Skyrim?

Don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t be. They claimed to go where the opportunity is, and Skyrim at the dawn of another war probably offers about as much as it did during the civil war.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were in the other human kingdoms as well. In fact, they’re probably just about everywhere besides Black Marsh, Morrowind, and maybe Valenwood.

I think Khajiit skins would also be a bit more acceptable. Especially the skins of those big and beastly types of Khajiit that will porbably be used as mounts and warbeasts in the war. Dales might even get to expect to receive some big, lavish furs once Yornar gets involved in that conflict. 

• Haha 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

1 hour ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Don't know if this ruins anyone's headcanon, but I think Yornar's voice would be rather close to that of Mengsk. 

That ain’t far from what I had in my head, honestly. Though less gravely and without the sinister accent. XD 

I cant imagine anyone but Saruman with Saruman’s voice, though. Lol It’s just so unique and distinctive.

• Like 1

Lol I actually take Witchie seriously so Saruman is out XD 

That’s my thing with this voice to, it’s just a bit to campy. Like the dudes trying too hard to be the grizzled old warrior. Too dark Lordy. He is a dark lord lol but that makes him too cartoony for me.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That’s my thing with this voice to, it’s just a bit to campy. Like the dudes trying too hard to be the grizzled old warrior. Too dark Lordy. He is a dark lord lol but that makes him too cartoony for me.

I agree. What I like about Witch is that he is literally a dark lord, but every time we get in his head he feels like a totally sensible dude. Not a cliche.

18 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Well there's also this one where the character speaks more normally: 

https://youtu.be/aL5FM4OPPlE?t=55s

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Celan said:

It sounds good, Witchie's maybe a bit younger/ smoother and with a slight Nord accent? That's how I picture it.

Kind of like Tormund's?

Something in that direction regarding the youthfulness in his voice. But a more subtle Nord accent as I picture that would be something he would have to suppress as Emperor. He would also lean more towards Mengsk's more dignified manner of speaking than Tormund's gruffness. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Something in that direction regarding the youthfulness in his voice. But a more subtle Nord accent as I picture that would be something he would have to suppress as Emperor. He would also lean more towards Mengsk's more dignified manner of speaking than Tormund's gruffness. 

Yeah he would be a bit more courtly, having been high caste even in his earlier years.

I'm curious to see how the conflict with the Elder Council plays out, and whether Krojun decides to maneuver and remove them entirely or just replace most of them with his own people. Attempting either, especially if they really are the ones behind the assassination attempt, could lead to more conflict. Not to mention there is more than one faction in the council so there's also that to navigate. But I also think there's ways to do it, since there's been at least a couple councilors involved in treason against the Empire up to this point. The Breton councilor, Wirich, who tried to reveal to Theo some Oculatus agents identities and the councilor who was working with the Thalmor to keep Gracchus from being named High General. Between those two and now possibly Doron and his co-conspirators, there's reason to remove the council.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing how this plays out and what ramifications it might have for Cyrodiil during the war.

Edited by BTCollins
  • Like 2