Civil War Aftermath OOC #2

21 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Though that's also kinda the thing about writing, if it's not mentioned it's generally assumed to not have happened. So for what is shown it took only minutes. Even if it was more it wasn't much more. 

I would argue that she did grasp it enough to use to an extent that it can be useful. 

Though it is stated in that very post that the islanders let it die out because they found it useless. 

I agree that it looks more natural if it's a gradual growth. I just find it as it has been shown to be so quick that it raises questions. 

Well, Gina is  posting more, but not so much that she’s going to be able to map out every single instance that Rebec has thought or said the word. And even if she wanted to, that would make for a pretty short post, there’s only so many instances were you have the chance to show that. 

Hell, if it wasn’t for my suggesting we do that post, there wouldn’t have even been the one instance where Arle said Fus. We almost skipped it entirely.

And I mean Nords as a whole. The islanders doing that I’ll accept because they’re separate from the rest of Skyrim and isolated they very well may have had no need or desire to preserve it.

As for its usefulness, Arle at this point can maybe avoid having to use a broom next time she wishes to sweep lol. That will change overtime but as of now I don’t see the need for discussion. Let’s say for instance her thu’um at best can occasionally block one arrow coming to her face. She’d be better off wearing a helmet and raising her shield, lol.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

15 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Maybe for beginners it does, to extend the reach of what your mind can perceive in other simultaneous possibilities.

That’s more what I was referring to. They’re not masters like Winvale so I was thinking of it more along the lines of a “fortify intelligence” esq spell to put it very basically. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2018 at 11:41 AM, Witchking of Angmar said:

As for Ubbe, I cannot imagine a happier ending for him than him dying in battle and going to Sovngarde. I think he'd fight Tsun even after he's been admitted to Shor's hall. Or even join him as junior gatekeeper just to fight the newcomers.

Most of the time we hope for characters to survive whatever it is the face and live long, fulfilling lives lol. You like with Baldur and Boldir, but not Ubbe lol. That bastard needs his glorious death!

• Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw:

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Most of the time we hope for characters to survive whatever it is the face and live long, fulfilling lives lol. You like with Baldur and Boldir, but not Ubbe lol. That bastard needs his glorious death!

They’ve got families to live for. Ubbe lives for killing. XD It’s too early for me to say how I’d most like his story to end, but him dying honorably and going to Sovngarde could be a lot more weirdly upbeat than some of the others.

• Haha 2

@TheCzarsHussar

There’s stranger things. Honestly I’ve stretched suspension of disbelief farther with Baldur and his thu’um, specifically his affinity with fire, than Arle has.

Personally I can live with her having said the word due to almost dying, and now being the best sweeper in all the isles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

@TheCzarsHussar

There’s stranger things. Honestly I’ve stretched suspension of disbelief farther with Baldur and his thu’um, specifically his affinity with fire, than Arle has.

Personally I can live with her having said the word due to almost dying, and now being the best sweeper in all the isles.

I don't wish to start an argument, it's not that big of a deal for me.

18 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Well, Gina is  posting more, but not so much that she’s going to be able to map out every single instance that Rebec has thought or said the word. And even if she wanted to, that would make for a pretty short post, there’s only so many instances were you have the chance to show that. 

Hell, if it wasn’t for my suggesting we do that post, there wouldn’t have even been the one instance where Arle said Fus. We almost skipped it entirely.

And I mean Nords as a whole. The islanders doing that I’ll accept because they’re separate from the rest of Skyrim and isolated they very well may have had no need or desire to preserve it.

As for its usefulness, Arle at this point can maybe avoid having to use a broom next time she wishes to sweep lol. That will change overtime but as of now I don’t see the need for discussion. Let’s say for instance her thu’um at best can occasionally block one arrow coming to her face. She’d be better off wearing a helmet and raising her shield, lol.

For me it's pretty much never how much power one got and instead of time/effort/cost it takes to get it. I would be fine if Arle could shout people off their feet by the time of the war if she was mentioned/shown to have spent a lot time in deep meditation till that point. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

Just now, Witchking of Angmar said:

For me it's pretty much never how much power one got and instead of time/effort/cost it takes to get it. I would be fine if Arle could shout people off their feet by the time of the war if she was mentioned/shown to have spent a lot time in deep meditation till that point. 

Well just so y’all know, Celan isn’t going to be committing that much time and effort to the RP again, and I’m just happy to have her posting again this much at all.

When it comes time for war, Ill do my best to mention her and Rebec’s progress and the like.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

They’ve got families to live for. Ubbe lives for killing. XD It’s too early for me to say how I’d most like his story to end, but him dying honorably and going to Sovngarde could be a lot more weirdly upbeat than some of the others.

I’ve already got his story mapped out in my head. Lol, at least the main points, all the rest just comes as it comes.

Fuck:dntknw:

No argument, I’m just saying lol. If y’all can live with Baldur lighting his fingers on fire and propelling himself off the ground like a rocket, I think y’all can live with Arle moving some sand XD 

Though I will say Baldur using the fire shout to propel force is silly as fire and the actual shockwave are considered two different things. Also otherwise dragons would find themselves knocked back when using it in their flight. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Though I will say Baldur using the fire shout to propel force is silly as fire and the actual shockwave are considered two different things. Also otherwise dragons would find themselves knocked back when using it in their flight. 

The way I envisioned it, Baldur was using more effort behind the shout with the intention of propelling himself. 

A dragon would be able to do the same. Plus they’re also far heavier than he is lol.

And there is some force in fire magic and thu’um or else the fireball wouldn’t sound so impactful.

So instead you want him to learn a third shout and by himself do something that to my knowledge no one else has done rather than just using the simple explanation I gave?

Id rather not lol. 

Im willing to accept the criticism over me copying Firelord Ozai rather than doing something like that.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

So instead you want him to learn a third shout and by himself do something that to my knowledge no one else has done rather than just using the simple explanation I gave?

Id rather not lol. 

Im willing to accept the criticism over me copying Firelord Ozai rather than doing something like that.

Who's the Avatar then?

Id rather not lol. 

I say I'd find it more believable than only fire being able to work as propulsion. Especially when magic has shown to have no recoil.