Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #41

18 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@ColonelKillaBee

"Despite their lack of a prefrontal cortex, Titans are very good at implementing this advanced military strategy called "murdering people"." XD 

Is the actual show even half this compelling?

I haven’t watched yet and I’m already offended lol

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Cyberpunk 2.1 sounds pretty cool.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/49594/redstreams-summary-and-recap?utm_source=newsletter_en&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=u21-announcement

- gangoons can initate car chases later if you shanked them

- working metro

- invite LI to apartments

- newly opened highway

- improvement to final boss fight (spoilers at the link if you haven't finished the main game)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Celan said:

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/49594/redstreams-summary-and-recap?utm_source=newsletter_en&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=u21-announcement

- gangoons can initate car chases later if you shanked them

- working metro

- invite LI to apartments

- newly opened highway

- improvement to final boss fight (spoilers at the link if you haven't finished the main game)

That's actually huge I remember people being super pissed this was removed for launch.

2 hours ago, Celan said:

Damn, it does!

I never knew metros were part of the original plan. That’s cool they’re finally making it in.

Especially excited for the improved boss fights (already thought they were really good) and the gangs actually coming after us after we piss them off. 

Inviting Panam to the apartment will be great too if it means new dialogue options.

• Like 1

20230824_143647_0-glazed-intensity15.0-r

Oh my god(ZILLA) that was fucking fantastic. One of the best movies I've seen recently, and probably the best monster movie I've ever seen. 

It did the...unthinkable for a Godzilla movie...and had a human story that was filled with likeable and interesting characters XD Most of the movie takes place in the immediate aftermath of WW2, and it's depression; the Japanese population is doing a lot of soul-searching, and pretty much everyone is recovering. Don't want to spoil anything, but the main character is a Kamikaze pilot who ended up bailing before he get his "honorable attack" in, and he's dealing with the guilt and PTSD of surviving the war. The human element is the thing most of these Kajiu films lack, and they nailed it here 

But yeah, Godzilla is fucking awesome XD All of his set-pieces are unique and have a WW2-flavor that makes everything even more memorable (and is surrounded in general by that vintage feeling). The shit that happens is something else; he fights a battle-cruiser in the ocean, he blows up a cohort of Japanese Type 4 Chi-To Tanks, destorys the Ghaza strip (stomping on people in full graphic detail). But yeah, NO SPOILERS WATCH IT YOURSELF 

And what's even more fucking crazy is they made it on a budget of fifteen million! How is that possible?! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Don't want to spoil anything, but the main character is a Kamikaze pilot who ended up bailing before he get his "honorable attack" in, and he's dealing with the guilt and PTSD of surviving the war. The human element is the thing most of these Kajiu films lack, and they nailed it here

That sounds like a really interesting story just on its own, even without bringing Godzilla into it. 

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And what's even more fucking crazy is they made it on a budget of fifteen million! How is that possible?! 

This is why I think Hollywood movies must involve money laundering. There’s no reason an MCU flick should have to cost literally 20x more than a movie that looks better and has more intensive visuals 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

That sounds like a really interesting story just on its own, like even without bringing Godzilla into it. 

This is why I think Hollywood movies must involve money laundering. There’s no reason an MCU flick should have to cost literally 20x more than a movie that looks better and has more intensive visuals 

It would have still been pretty gud if they replaced Godzilla with a giant tidal wave or something (Of course the big G just adds to everything; they tie him to the plot heavily). Like one of Koyabashi's post-war movies. 

As for the budget stuff, I'm sure it really helps that you don't have to drop five million dollars (and that's for like high ranking B listers )a piece on your actors XD

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Centurion said:

I’m officially 25 today!! This is the first birthday since 21 that I’ll be celebrating lol and my wife has this whole secret plan of what we are doing and I’m nervous lmao but it should be fun

Shit I forgot you were so young lmao, happy birthday!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I haven’t watched yet and I’m already offended lol

I got emotional hearing the music despite the silly shit he was saying lol. The show and manga are a masterpiece.

Youd fall in love with Commander Erwin

Edited by ColonelKillaBee
  • Haha 1