Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #41

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m just spending the whole thing wondering "where is the NCR?" considering it’s supposedly set around one of their main cities. 

There was a photo leak awhile back from the set that showed a NCR flag at the vault; so there probably there, but I don't think they'll be that relevant (which is weird) 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

There was a photo leak awhile back from the set that showed a NCR flag at the vault; so there probably there, but I don't think they'll be that relevant (which is weird) 

Very weird. The LA Boneyard is said to be the main setting, and it’s literally the one place that has been explicitly singled out as so deep in NCR territory, and such a well-guarded area that the Brotherhood of Steel could never even touch it. It’s where they keep their treasury and print their money. 

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m just spending the whole thing wondering "where is the NCR?" considering it’s supposedly set around one of their main cities. 

I wouldn't be mad if they depict the NCR won the Mojave and then declined because of overreach. But here I go again, thinking they might have good writing. Damn it all!

Just now, Celan said:

I wouldn't be mad if they depict the NCR won the Mojave and then declined because of overreach. But here I go again, thinking they might have good writing. Damn it all!

I could see that, but declining to the point of irrelevance in their main cities in just fifteen years isn’t very believable to me considering the sheer population they’ve gotten up to by now. Hundreds of thousands of citizens ain’t gonna vanish. 

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Maybe the NCR canonically signed a pact with the West Coast BoS during NV, and did the same when an expedition from Maxsons boys arrived? 

They don’t sign a pact with the WCBoS. Even in the best case scenario, they only make peace with the Mojave chapter while hostilities remained in California.

And I have a hard time thinking of any way for Maxson’s boys showing up to make sense. Really hope they’re not in this.

But I’ll stop being a buzzkill. Maybe the trailers are just misleading. It just ain’t looking like the sequel to New Vegas I was hoping for. XD 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

But I’ll stop being a buzzkill. Maybe the trailers are just misleading. It just ain’t looking like the sequel to New Vegas I was hoping for. XD 

From the mind of Todd Howard; I never expected it XD But I assumed it was going to be on the East Coast. 

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

From the mind of Todd Howard; I never expected it XD But I assumed it was going to be on the East Coast. 

I wish it was. I hardly care what they do out there. XD

But after waiting thirteen years for a sequel to my favorite game ever, only for it to come in the form of an Amazon TV series with Bethesda writers, with promos that make it look just like "Fallout 4 but Western", I might be a tad preemptively bitter towards the whole thing.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

That’s from the last Thor movie, right? Looks like it’d be from an old low budget Sci-Fi Channel B movie, or an old episode of Doctor Who. XD 

I might be getting my bad Marvel movies mixed up XD

Fuck, I was more impressed by the original Twilight Zone's stuff then modern Marvel.

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The Old Man in the Cave remains one of my favorite episodes, you could just change the date and it'd fit right in with Fallout.

That's the one we're they people eat themselves to death after ignoring the advice of the hidden super computer? The soldiers and their post-apocalyptic goverment were pretty much the NCR

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

For comparsion Fallout 4 sold 12 million copies in a single week, Elden Ring did 13 in two and this number is including the people who played it on Gamepass, so these results seem pretty disappointing to me.

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/starfield-has-passed-12-million-players-as-phil-spencer-has-ton-of-confidence-in-its

I mean, technically I'm in that 12 million, and I sure ain't playing that game ever again.

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

For comparsion Fallout 4 sold 12 million copies in a single week, Elden Ring did 13 in two and this number is including the people who played it on Gamepass, so these results seem pretty disappointing to me.

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/starfield-has-passed-12-million-players-as-phil-spencer-has-ton-of-confidence-in-its

I don’t think Starfield should’ve been expected to sell as much as Fallout 4 in any event. Fallout’s a huge IP. 

I mean, looking at the Steam stats currently, it's #53 on the "currently most played" list. BG3 is #4 and CP2077 (which many players including myself play on GOG and not Steam) is #23.

I can thank Starfield for encouraging me to give BG3 another try. I don't love turn based combat still but the story makes up for it.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t think Starfield should’ve been expected to sell as much as Fallout 4 in any event. Fallout’s a huge IP. 

I mean no, but something comparable; this was Bethesda's (the titan of the WRPG) first new IP in decades, hyped up as Fallout in Space. I would have expected something more.