Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #41

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

From what I heard, history nerds are the most critical of that Napoleon film. What makes it hilarious is Ridley Scott is doing the one thing you never do when being criticized; he freaked out :rofl:

Which is a shame, because he already made an AMAZING Napoleonic era film, his first movie too. 

I'ma watch Napoleon and not care at all about accuracy. Give me Joaquin Phoenix. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

From what I heard, history nerds are the most critical of that Napoleon film.

Personally, I don’t care too much about inaccuracies unless they are really distasteful or the film was falsely marketed as historically accurate. 

The list of great "historical drama" stories that are based loosely on real people or times but not really at all like their real life counterparts is just way too long. Hell, Gladiator is a fine example. Spartacus, Braveheart, The Patriot, etc. etc.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Personally, I don’t care too much about inaccuracies unless they are really distasteful or the film was falsely marketed as historically accurate. 

The list of great "historical drama" stories that are based loosely on real people or times but not really at all like their real life counterparts is just way too long. Hell, Gladiator is a fine example. Spartacus, Braveheart, The Patriot, etc. erc. 

Same here. There was only one historical movie I saw that irked me with inaccuracies. I don't remember the name but I do remember one of the people in it being there about 10-15 years to early. 

4 hours ago, Elden Clown said:

Remember folks, even though TES6 is years away, Winds of Winter is still further. 

Since both Skyrim and the last ASoIaF book both came out in 2011, it really will be interesting to see which one of them wins the race.

George has every advantage here. He should win. But that man has a way of finding as many other projects as humanly possible to spend his time on instead. I’m rooting for him, though. Would rather get Winds than TES VI. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

Same here. There was only one historical movie I saw that irked me with inaccuracies. I don't remember the name but I do remember one of the people in it being there about 10-15 years to early. 

The "Vikings" tv show did that too. Rollo was born like a century too early. Still my favorite character. XD 

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

The "Vikings" tv show did that too. Rollo was born like a century too early. Still my favorite character. XD 

That's the show! I didn't know the name cause I only saw it through my dad watching it in the same room. But the little bit of stuff I knew about that came in handy lol. 

Edit: going off your post though I was a little off on my time to though 

Edited by Elden Clown
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Agreed. Even more pedos than Hollywood. But he was hating on French critics, not filmmakers. 

You know what. I agree with Hollywood and Eren jeagar.

Fuck these kids.

Im tired of this generation anyways. Do you know that they say gaggy to indicate something is gross lame or dumb. Like you play mmos? That’s gaggy.

Theyre askin for it.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

24 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

55f40913310b2772bf65e4b7bfbd2730.jpg

The story of my next dnd character in three lines, his hero's journey.

A banshee cursed my friends and now I strive to live by their ideals.

A djinni seduced my crew of noble outlaws and now I'm a murder hobo.

A banshee befriended my social status and now I must become stronger.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
Okay I'm done.
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

From what I heard, history nerds are the most critical of that Napoleon film. What makes it hilarious is Ridley Scott is doing the one thing you never do when being criticized; he freaked out :rofl:

Which is a shame, because he already made an AMAZING Napoleonic era film, his first movie too. 

The BF and I are going to see it on Saturday. I have low expectations of any film these days so I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Plus I don't know much about Napoleonic era history so I'll be blissfully ignorant.

45 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

This is the Darkened Archer's secret backstory.

A werewolf ate my imaginary friends and now I'm a lawful good stick in the mud.

At some point Czar, your constant repeating of a stale joke begins to reek of insecurity and dare I say, jealousy XD

You wish you could make Edge as authentic to 90's Dark Fantasy Anime cringe as me! 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

At some point Czar, your constant repeating of a stale joke begins to reek of insecurity and dare I say, jealousy XD

You wish you could make Edge as authentic to 90's Dark Fantasy Anime cringe as me! 

You're damn right I'm jealous, I fucking love the Darkened Archer! Its so funny because it was completely genuine :rofl:

I wish I could make something so unintentionally hilarious!