Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #41

After almost two years, I got back into Daggerfall. I didn't want to roll with my cheesy high elf spellsword so I made a new character. Straight up martial class Breton, very strong fighting focus with major in restoration and alteration for heals and buffs.

I was dumbfounded when everything (but imps who usually one shot me XD) was obliterated by my guy, even skeletons who make Oblivion bone boys look like Nordic losers.

Little late to the topic but while I liked some of what I saw in the fallout trailer I just get weird vibes from it and I guess I'm just hoping it doesn't shit the bed. 

Majorly dislike the red ghoul look though, Fallout Ft Red Skull wasn't in my list of things I planned on seeing. 

Then again I'm so for Ghoul Captain America running the NCR or Enclave XD I'll shut up now.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2023 at 4:26 PM, Celan said:

I mean, looking at the Steam stats currently, it's #53 on the "currently most played" list. BG3 is #4 and CP2077 (which many players including myself play on GOG and not Steam) is #23.

I can thank Starfield for encouraging me to give BG3 another try. I don't love turn based combat still but the story makes up for it.

Mmmmmmhmmmmmmmmm

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I love Starfield what can I say, I completely understand where Celan is coming from 100% tho and I can see how people don’t like it.

I do however think it literally comes down to us just being different gamers with different tastes. I really only enjoy Beth-style games nowadays. Y’all have moved on, but I have been stuck since 2012 when I first picked up Skyrim. It literally popped my cherry into a new world so I have a fondness for the clunky ass mess lol. But I also hate turn based combat and I can’t fucking stand isometric gameplay. 

Fuck:dntknw:

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

To be fair I was wrong about you and Gale

Not necessarily, I just haven’t had the character who can appreciate him. But I also am a sucker for sexy elves and manpain hence chasing Astarion and maybe Halsin for now.

45 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I love Starfield what can I say, I completely understand where Celan is coming from 100% tho and I can see how people don’t like it.

I do however think it literally comes down to us just being different gamers with different tastes. I really only enjoy Beth-style games nowadays. Y’all have moved on, but I have been stuck since 2012 when I first picked up Skyrim. It literally popped my cherry into a new world so I have a fondness for the clunky ass mess lol. But I also hate turn based combat and I can’t fucking stand isometric gameplay. 

This is fair but I think Starfield is uniquely awful even by Bethesda standards. But enough of that dead horse.