Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #41

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The tone looks a little darker/more serious then 5; more in line with 4 which I like.

How do you reckon? Trailer had quite a bit of humor in it, and lots of vibrant colors like in 5.

I like the idea of a Bonnie and Clyde type GTA too. Game looks good. But that 2025 release date stings. XD 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

How do you reckon? Trailer had quite a bit of humor in it, and lots of vibrant colors like in 5.

I like the idea of a Bonnie and Clyde type GTA too. Game looks good. But that 2025 release date stings. XD 

Color-palette sure, but there was an over the top grandness to GTA that made it it a all little harder to take seriously. This seems to be low-level, filthy/gritty crime stuff;. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Color-palette sure, but there was an over the top grandness to GTA that made it it a all little harder to take seriously. This seems to be low-level, filthy/gritty crime stuff;. 

Agreed that it looks more gritty and low-level, but it’s hard to say if it looks more serious. I’m definitely not getting GTA 4 vibes, though, with all the twerking and "Florida Man" humor.

Still, I like what they showed. I imagine it’ll be nice to start as some low-level crooks again after the power trip of GTAV. 

4 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The tone looks a little darker/more serious then 5; more in line with 4 which I like. I also like the Bonnie and Clyde dynamic. Graphics of course look truly next gen. (I thought they wouldn't be able to surpass Red Dead 2's engine, but wow, Rockstar never disappoints) 

Mmmmm my PC cries but that is okay because from what I've seen they've confirmed PS5/Xbox release but not PC. So Probably 2027 for PC with how they have done in the past. 
Guess it's a good thing I planned on getting a PS5 in 2024.
Game looks great though and can't wait.
Agreed about the tone as well, they did Florida's atmosphere and whatnot so well.

Edited by Elden Clown

@BigBossBalrog

33036542beebfae19df8027c631a2a03cf6fffe9

From the trailer, I’m really getting the impression that "Bonnie" is the more experienced criminal in this duo and "Clyde" is still new to it. Besides the fact that she apparently starts in prison, the robbery and bedroom scenes made her look like the more confident and assertive of the two. And the framing of the poster makes her look somewhat controlling or manipulative, with how she’s wrapped around him making that evil face. XD 

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Another one?! What the hell, Beth. You already did your "definitive edition" with all the crappy paid mods baked in like a year ago. 

Has any video game cash cow ever been milked as hard as Skyrim? 

They got rid of the "no new voice dialogue" stipulation at least XD

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

that lets you engage in Skyrim's politics XD

I can’t wait for it to not connect to any of the game’s actual politics at all because they can’t integrate it into the Civil War, and for the Jarls’ "new" dialogue to just be generic preexisting phrases such as "yes", "what do you want?" and "very well".

• Haha 2

There's a series that's going to be adding massive dungeons from TESO (with new factions, enemies, items, and secrets.) that integrates a  "second secret dungeon" into the game. Calling them "Legendary Dungeons" (Reminds me of something don't you think XD)

https://creations.bethesda.net/en/skyrim/details/5401/Legendary_Dungeons__Dwarven_Delves

There's a big companion mod with with a rogue that has 1200 new lines of professional dialogue. 

https://creations.bethesda.net/en/skyrim/details/5291/Katja_The_Thief

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I can’t wait for it to not connect to any of the game’s actual politics at all because they can’t integrate it into the Civil War, and for the Jarls’ "new" dialogue to just be generic preexisting phrases such as "yes", "what do you want?" and "very well".

The dialogue in the trailer sounds alot more engaging then some of the stuff in the game, so the generic Jarl voices will be even more jarring XD

7 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

GAl1geOb0AAIah5.thumb.jpeg.e21b9a11afa5e4279efc344b4fdcfb95.jpeg

BREAKING NEWS BETH IS AT IT AGAIN...

UPDATED Skyrimn with a massive 12 GB patch...that's only there to break mods and add a new Paid Mod storefront. 

Fuck Bethesda and their bloatware, never installing this shit again.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Celan said:

Fuck Bethesda and their bloatware, never installing this shit again.

C’mon. What about the prospect of getting your saves broken by an update to allow for paid mod integration 12 years after release doesn’t sound appealing to you?

27 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It makes me sad that Pete isnt here XD He would have given some "gold" responses to the outcry.

Nah. Pete never would’ve even spared Creation Club his time of day, if it was even on his radar to begin with. Beth only acknowledges CC’s existence when announcing new content for it every few years, and then never again. Whoever works on that shit is beneath the totem pole. XD 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Nah. Pete never would’ve even spared Creation Club his time of day, if it was even on his radar to begin with. Beth only acknowledges CC’s existence when announcing new content for it every few years, and then never again. Whoever works on that shit is beneath the totem pole. XD 

HEY, I'm sure somebody worked really hard paying modders the lowest wage legally for their work! 

Never thought the day would come that I consider skipping out on TES:6 all together but with everything else they have been doing these past few years that's the rotten cherry on top. I was even considering remoding skyrim to my old 1000+ mod list recently, not anymore. Fuck BGS and specifically Pete Hines feel like he had something to do with this. 
Edit: Just remembered Pete doesn't even work there anymore but meh fuck it still his fault. 

Edited by Elden Clown
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Elden Clown said:

Fuck BGS and specifically Pete Hines feel like he had something to do with this. 

Not a Pete fan, but I honestly doubt it. He was a marketing guy, and more involved with bigger stuff like Starfield and event coordination.

The Creation stuff is throwaway crap meant to make them a quick buck, made by contract modders and barely even advertised. I doubt people like Todd or Pete even had their fingers on the pulse of it. Too small-time.

• Like 1