Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #41

26 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Even with my misgivings with their writing team, the last thing I expected was to see them fuck up some graphically; there work on that front is usually top tier. 

That’s the whole issue. The game already looks damn near photorealistic at times. There wasn’t enough room for improvement to possibly justify this. 

I think it’s kinda hilarious that Disney dug up the grave of Indiana Jones in 2023 only to do even worse to him than back when South Park mocked it.

They should make another episode where he has finally overcome his trauma and settled into a peaceful retirement, only to get raped again, but this time by Kathleen Kennedy and Phoebe Waller Bridge. XD 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think it’s kinda hilarious that Disney dug up the grave of Indiana Jones in 2023 only to do even worse to him than back when South Park mocked it.

They should make another episode where he has finally retired and overcome his trauma, only to get raped again, but this time by Kathleen Kennedy. XD 

Honestly if anyone deserves to be character assassinated, it's pedo Jones. How can someone so abusive and manipulative sink any lower XD

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Honestly if anyone deserves to be character assassinated, it's pedo Jones. How can someone so abusive and manipulative sink any lower XD

You know I’m not shedding any tears over it. XD My only grievance is that what’s been done to Indy has been done to lots of other characters too lately. Like Joel.

9 hours ago, Elden Clown said:

Finally finished horizon zero dawn. Such a unique game. Highly recommend to anyone in here who hasn't played it yet. 

I played the first few hours some years back, but it didn’t really grab me at the time. Been wanting to start over and give it a second chance, but I gave my PlayStation to a friend so those plans are in limbo for now. XD 

I did like the setting. Pretty refreshing take on the post apocalyptic genre.

• Like 1

Rockpaper Shotgun and Eurogamer are for sale because of there lessening value. These two used to be giants, are are sites I remember  going on years ago.  I wonder if IGN, and Gamespot are going to be the only ones left in the next couple of years. 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/reedpop-seeks-buyer-for-eurogamer-gi-vg247-rockpapershotgun-and-more

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Rockpaper Shotgun and Eurogamer are for sale because of there lessening value. These two used to be giants, are are sites I remember  going on years ago.  I wonder if IGN, and Gamespot are going to be the only ones left in the next couple of years. 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/reedpop-seeks-buyer-for-eurogamer-gi-vg247-rockpapershotgun-and-more

Because average joes with camera setups in their basements have become more reliable reviewers than the multi-hundred million dollar journalism apparatus.

• Haha 2

"That kid will be dead if he tries anything."

Oh now he has to try something. :P I kinda like that kid. He just pops up in random places all around the world, trolls famous people, and then disappears again with no explanation of how or why he was there.

Here he is making some Only Fans girl realize they she can’t read. Why? Dunno. But it’s funny. XD 

• Haha 1

Hate to be that guy, but A Game of Thrones is the name of a book, the first book in the series. There is no book titled "A Song of Ice and Fire." Still funny.

You guys probably know this stuff already, but this is a way to make Wyll actually useful. Sorcerer definitely the way to go in this game, for spellcasting. I haven't been playing much, still restarting mostly, I am currently doing a Lolth-sworn drow. It's hilarious to make goblins and tieflings cower just by staring at them. She's romancing Astarion. I'm a sucker for elves.

Just now, Celan said:

Hate to be that guy, but A Game of Thrones is the name of a book, there is no book title "A Song of Ice and Fire." Still funny.

To be fair, she did make a point to say "Game of Thrones, the series", and you could tell from her deer in headlights expression that she had no idea what he meant when he said "A Song of Ice and Fire".

31 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

"That kid will be dead if he tries anything."

Oh now he has to try something. :P I kinda like that kid. He just pops up in random places all around the world, trolls famous people, and then disappears again with no explanation of how or why he was there.

Here he is making some Only Fans girl realize they she read. Why? Dunno. But it’s funny. XD 

The Reformed Rabbi Bill Clinton Kid will always be fucking hilarious looking back. But it's dangerous setting that precedent. Someone with malicious intent could have shanked Meme-Zaki instead of shitposting. 

13 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The Reformed Rabbi Bill Clinton Kid will always be fucking hilarious looking back. But it's dangerous setting that precedent. Someone with malicious intent could have shanked Meme-Zaki instead of shitposting. 

Honestly being such a music person I'm surprised well every event even non-music events don't have way more security after what happened with Dimebag Darrel being shot and killed on stage. Concerts after that aside from shitty festivals and special venues beefed up security everywhere. 
There are of course even more cases of things related to non musicians being killed during low security events but either way I think my point makes sense lol.

Edited by Elden Clown

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/bethesda-is-responding-to-negative-reviews-of-starfield-on-steam

Some of these are really pathetic; it's been a bad year for Beth but jeesh XD

These stock corporate responses are so inhumanly dull that even an AI would’ve made something feel more authentic.

That’s how you know they’re written by Bethesda. :P 

• Haha 1

Too bad Pete Hines retired before they stooped to this tactic. If he’d been permitted to respond to negative Steam reviews, then we’d really have a fun show on our hands.

He’d be like Neo VS the army of Mr. Smiths, just rampaging through the reviews, calling them all nerds and losers, telling them to get lives and touch grass, dealing out wedgies and swirlies, taking these virgin gamers’ lunch money and girlfriends… It would be glorious. 

• Haha 2