Civil War Aftermath OOC #1

On the two posts

One quick thing that confused me, but the Clan WWTWTWB is stated to be near the border to Dawnstar, but Kyne's Watch doesn't seem to border Dawnstar as far as I'm aware. 

On the post, it was really cool seeing more of the islanders, and they are very entertaining. I was surprised Arle was able to use the Voice so quickly, since it didn't seem Baldur had made use of his shout to help her with that process. There are of course individuals who are likely predisposed to being able to use the Thu'um, but it surprised me that upon her first ever attempt she was able to pull it off. Regardless, I like the direction of more Tongues coming into the world, and I'm interested to see where that leads, especially with the war growing ever closer.

As for the Ubbe post, I will say again that I'm looking forward to seeing him undergo the trials and the war. I like that we've got a couple characters who will give us the more frontline perspectives on the battles. Should be fun to read. The part at the end with Baldur has me looking forward to seeing what happens next with Daric, and where that story goes. 

And between the Roscreans, the islanders, and the Clan WWTWTWB, the Nords somehow got even Nordier. Weirdos

Good job y'all! 

• Thanks 1

Thank you BT :)

Kyne’s Watch is indeed close to Dawnstar, where that old Thalmor prison used to be between Solitude and Dawnstar.

As for Arle it probably was a bit quick but I don’t think Celan plans on her mastering it quickly as Rebec and Baldur have relatively. It was an adrenaline thing, and also from Nords having an affinity for the thu’um, so in battle it was more natural for her.

Even still it wasn’t a full Fus, it was just a burp, enough to accidentally deflect one arrow. I like it because it shows it’s not as unnatural or hard a thing for Nords as the Greybeards want you to believe. But at the same time it’ll likely be a while still before Arle can be called a tongue. 

• Thanks 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

34 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

On the two posts

Reveal hidden contents

One quick thing that confused me, but the Clan WWTWTWB is stated to be near the border to Dawnstar, but Kyne's Watch doesn't seem to border Dawnstar as far as I'm aware. 

On the post, it was really cool seeing more of the islanders, and they are very entertaining. I was surprised Arle was able to use the Voice so quickly, since it didn't seem Baldur had made use of his shout to help her with that process. There are of course individuals who are likely predisposed to being able to use the Thu'um, but it surprised me that upon her first ever attempt she was able to pull it off. Regardless, I like the direction of more Tongues coming into the world, and I'm interested to see where that leads, especially with the war growing ever closer.

As for the Ubbe post, I will say again that I'm looking forward to seeing him undergo the trials and the war. I like that we've got a couple characters who will give us the more frontline perspectives on the battles. Should be fun to read. The part at the end with Baldur has me looking forward to seeing what happens next with Daric, and where that story goes. 

And between the Roscreans, the islanders, and the Clan WWTWTWB, the Nords somehow got even Nordier. Weirdos

Good job y'all! 

Shit, I opened this before I even realized new posts were up. XD About to start reading.

Kyne’s Watch is where Northpoint was, which is indeed pretty damn far from Dawnstar. Especially when scaled properly. There’s quite a lot of land, mountains, and the entire Bay of Solitude between them.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Kyne’s Watch is Northpoint was, which is indeed pretty damn far from Dawnstar. Especially when scaled properly. There’s quite a lot of land, mountains, and the entire Bay of Solitude between them.

I think you mean Northwatch, but yeah, that's where I thought it was too. On the western coast of Skyrim, not the northern one.

Creating a means of reaching the Moot at his behest, should all go to plan you two will receive this letter in good company.
~Theudofrid talking about Daric

“Damn it all...” Baldur’s heart was racing at the hope of good news, but it seemed he was to be disappointed once more. Oh were there ever a more unfitting word to describe how he felt now...

~Baldur

Well I can now add crushing a man's hopes to Theudofrid's list right next to making people uncomfortable

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

Alert Thrice-Pierced and Torsten Cruel-Sea of his eminent departure.”

Since it was in the same sentence addressing Theudofrid, does that order have to do with the Roscreans as well?

No that order was for the Messenger.

• Like 1

I’d recommend doing a post with Theudofrid talking with his people first after receiving the orders, then end with making their way to Kyne’s Watch.

After that we gotta do some coordinating, there’s a few things about to happen in Kyne’s Watch, May as well have some happen in the same post.

• Like 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’d recommend doing a post with Theudofrid talks with his people first after receiving the orders, then end with making their way to Kyne’s Watch.

After that we gotta do some coordinating, there’s a few things about to happen in Kyne’s Watch, May as well have some happen in the same post.

That'd be a short post unless it also includes him in Kyne's Watch as a side character, Baldur just ordered the transport fleets travel to Kyne's Watch while Theudofrid is in Windhelm. Aside from some magical communication with his fellow (Arch)Druids in Roscrea there aren't anyone else to coordinate with from Windhelm.

Then again it was Witch suggesting I avoid doing short posts, if it won't get any scoffs I'm all for a short solo post.

I don’t really mind short posts, as long as they include something worthwhile. It’s the ones like in pre-edit chapter 1 that I don’t like, where they consist of only a couple paragraphs or even just a single line.

Though if you do want more meat on your post, I might have a solution. I’ll PM you. 

• Like 2