Who will take the Beskar Throne?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How will take the Beskar Throne?

• Bo Katan
    • Din Djarin
    • The Armorer
    • Sabine Wren

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

On one hand, thank goodness, I am sick of that fucking planet. Rey Who and Beta Fett ruined it for me, and even Mando couldn’t keep away. 

On the other hand… eh, storywise, I think I’ll have a hard time watching A New Hope (or even that Rebels episode) and believing that Kenobi spent the time between movies going on adventures to other planets.But I’ll give this one a change solely for Ewan McGregor. Probably will wait til more episodes are out before I watch it, though.

I honestly think Disney was doing it to save on budget costs XD And even in that case Boba Fett still seemed like it barely had a budget. 

But yeah a little story weirdness for more planets and Ewan is a worthwhile trade off.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You could tell by Obi's thousand yard stare he was thinking the exact same thing XD

It's still heartwarming after all they did he still cant stop feeling compasion for his troopers. 

I am a little confused though why the trooper looks so ancient. Isn’t this just like a few short years after episode 3?

I know they age fast, but at this point I’m surprised he’s not still being put to use by the Empire. Actually, discharging clone troopers in general seems like a bad idea.

I do love the fact that Temuera Morrison basically locked himself into infinite Star Wars roles just by playing Jango in one movie. XD He probably had no idea how well that decision would set him up for the future. And that makes me happy because he seems like a cool dude. 

I am a little confused though why the trooper looks so ancient. Isn’t this just like a few short years after episode 3?

I know they age fast, but at this point I’m surprised he’s not still being put to use by the Empire. Actually, discharging clone troopers in general seems like a bad idea.

I do love the fact that Temuera Morrison basically locked himself into infinite Star Wars roles just by playing Jango in one movie. XD He probably had no idea how well that decision would set him up for the future. And that makes me happy because he seems like a cool dude. 

It's ten years. And yeah he could be a phase 1 trooper like Rex and Cody.

They explained it in Bad Batch the Empire wanted to eventually phase out the Clones due to how expensive they were and how much power it gave the Kamonians. That's why they wanted to go with cheaper levied recruits now that the Corp was going to transform from the mobile strike nature of the Grand Army of the Republic for a force that's primary job is occupation.

They put the best Clones in training, command, and elite Stormtrooper positions and dumped the rest to use as cheap labour. Oh and kept the commandos.

Dudes living the life right now XD

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

But yeah a little story weirdness for more planets and Ewan is a worthwhile trade off.

I am always in favor of a good story, personally. :lol: 

This mostly just makes me wish that Boba Fett had been good. In my ideal imaginary world, we’d just have Boba escape the sarlac, get his shit back, and leave that dump in episode 1. Then he proceeds to be the badass space bounty hunter we know and love, and maybe a bunch of the stuff Mando did could go to him instead (except without the baby, the codes, or the vaguely heroic morality). 

That way, Tatooine has barely been seen since the prequels and Kenobi could get an entire show set there without it feeling overdone. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I am always in favor of a good story, personally. :lol: 

This mostly just makes me wish that Boba Fett had been good. In my ideal imaginary world, we’d just have Boba escape the sarlac, get his shit back, and leave that dump in episode 1. Then he proceeds to be the badass space bounty hunter we know and love, and maybe a bunch of the stuff Mando did could go to him instead (except without the baby, the codes, or the vaguely heroic morality). 

That way, Tatooine has barely been seen since the prequels and Kenobi could get an entire show set there without it feeling overdone. 

It can still have that XD It feels a little weird in Canon but I don't think it's breaking. Obi Wan never said he didnt take a trip or two.

They explained it in Bad Batch the Empire wanted to eventually phase out the Clones due to how expensive they were and how much power it gave the Kamonians.

That makes perfect sense to me. What doesn’t make as much sense is why the Empire would just dump them everywhere like trash once they’re no longer useful.

Not because the Empire is above doing something evil, but because it just seems really foolish. These guys must collectively be an absolute wealth of knowledge and important information. Dumping millions of them onto the streets seems like a security risk. This guy even got to keep his fancy armor!

Just send them to a nice retirement planet and let them die in peace. They’ve probably only got a couple decades left anyway. Or hell, "retire" them into the vacuum of space. Less of a security risk.

Obi Wan never said he didnt take a trip or two.

True, but that’s kinda like how I feel about the SOLO movie. It’s like:

"well, nothing says a younger Han Solo didn’t have a crazy life-changing adventure complete with lifelong love interest and eldritch space monsters…"

But when I watch the OT, I don’t buy for a second that he did. Guy’s just a sleezy but competent smuggler. 

• Thanks 1

That makes perfect sense to me. What doesn’t make as much sense is why the Empire would just dump them everywhere like trash once they’re no longer useful.

Not because the Empire is above doing something evil, but because it just seems really foolish. These guys must collectively be an absolute wealth of knowledge and important information. Dumping millions of them onto the streets seems like a security risk. This guy even got to keep his fancy armor!

Just send them to a nice retirement planet and let them die in peace. They’ve probably only got a couple decades left anyway. Or hell, "retire" them into the vacuum of space. Less of a security risk.

Like how they should have mobilized there fleet to deal with the Rebel bombers before they destroyed the death star XD The Empire should hire more competent people all around.

But in this case I feel it's not too much of a leap. They still use the Clones in a lot of there propaganda. It'd look pretty bad if you were going system to system killing veterans you put in a pedestal for the common citizens to follow. Just quietly assign them to hard labor and let them disappear and die off.

17 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They still use the Clones in a lot of there propaganda. It'd look pretty bad if you were going system to system killing veterans you put in a pedestal for the common citizens to follow

I didn’t mean do it publicly! :rofl: This was a major plot of Outer Worlds, actually. The Board was secretly "retiring" citizens to curtail the resource crisis. Nobody knew they were just mass killing them upon relocation.

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Just quietly assign them to hard labor and let them disappear and die off.

Literally anything, death, hard labor, peaceful retirement. Anything. Just don’t dump them in the streets. That seems like a recipe for disaster. 

I didn’t mean do it publicly! :rofl: This was a major plot of Outer Worlds, actually. The Board was secretly "retiring" citizens to curtail the resource crisis. Nobody knew they were just mass killing them upon relocation.

Literally anything, death, hard labor, peaceful retirement. Anything. Just don’t dump them in the streets. That seems like a recipe for disaster. 

Countries in the world do this sadly. Maybe this clone escaped the mines only to find an uncaring world. XD

I think we might be over analysising this XD The scene is effective, a cool callback, and an emotional momment for Obi Wan. 

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Countries in the world do this sadly. Maybe this clone escaped the mines only to find an uncaring world. XD

To be fair, other countries don’t have entire planets at their disposal. But yeah, it’s not a big issue and there are certainly plenty of explanations for it. It’s just something that went through my head. I like the scene. 

On 5/27/2022 at 8:53 PM, The Good Doctor said:

On one hand, thank goodness, I am sick of that fucking planet. Rey Who and Beta Fett ruined it for me, and even Mando couldn’t keep away. There is more to the Galaxy than that freaking desert!

On the other hand… eh, storywise, I think I’ll have a hard time watching A New Hope (or even that Rebels episode) and believing that Kenobi spent the time between movies going on adventures to other planets. But I’ll give this one a chance solely for Ewan McGregor. Probably will wait til more episodes are out before I watch it, though.

No don’t think like that, if you actually watch the episode it makes sense

Fuck:dntknw:

@CenturionClone Wars seems to be getting a semi limited revival. Its called Tales of the Jedi and is six episodes. 

Ahsoka post episode 3 looks cool but the real star to me is the second arc is going to be DOOKU as a Jedi training Qui Gon (whose being voiced by Liam Nesson and Liam Nesson's son!)

The animation looks movie quality.

4 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@CenturionClone Wars seems to be getting a semi limited revival. Its called Tales of the Jedi and is six episodes. 

Ahsoka post episode 3 looks cool but the real star to me is the second arc is going to be DOOKU as a Jedi training Qui Gon (whose being voiced by Liam Nesson and Liam Nesson's son!)

The animation looks movie quality.

Tales of the Jedi is set before Phantom Menance, the only thing I saw was Jedi Dooku

Fuck:dntknw:

I saw the first Kenobi episode

Just going off the first episodes of each show, I’d say it was not as good as episode 1 of Mando but waaaaaay better than Book of Boba Fett.

Good stuff:

I really liked everything with "Ben" living by himself. It was basically fifteen minutes of what I was hoping to get from this show. A low-stakes, contemplative story about the hero of the prequels living in hiding with his demons. Stuff like the meat-harvesting line was cool worldbuilding, and the scene with Ben and the Jawa was my favorite interaction in the episode. Stuff like him gifting the toy and looking sad as he sees Luke play pilot similar to Anakin at that age were great. And it was really nice to see he’s still committed to training Luke. Good through-line with A New Hope.

Uncle Owen turned out to be a ride-or-die motherfucker and I’m all about it. I like his actor and I wish we’d gotten more of him and Obi-Wan.

The visuals were great. Somehow, despite being in the exact same setting as Book of Boba Fett, this show managed to make Tatooine look so much less fake. Honestly, everything looked to be of movie quality. Alderaan looked good too.

Bad stuff:

Kid Leia is the cringiest shit ever. No wait. The Inquisitors are the cringiest shit ever. I hate how both of them were portrayed.

Leia looks like she’s 8 years old but she talks like a 30-something redditor who knows lots of words and thinks that makes them smart. She deserves to be bullied.

The Inquisitors are the worst. Seriously, if I was a fourth guy in their squad, and I was watching them act the way they do in public, I would not feel powerful or intimidating. I would be embarrassed. I also would’ve caught that Jedi who their dumb asses just let run away because he escaped the room they were in.

Bail Organa shouldn’t be dumb. But he is. "My daughter has been kidnapped! Who could I -the king of a fucking planet- possibly hire to find her besides the one man whose involvement would instantly incriminate all of us, draw attention towards the girl we’ve been trying to keep hidden, AND pull protection away from the boy we’ve been trying to keep hidden?"

I dunno, genius. Maybe literally anyone else? A bounty hunter? Boba Fett (he hasn’t become an idiot yet)? Hell, you’ve presumably got soldiers, use some of them! Why does it have to be the one guy who you should never ever be seen with?

All-in-all, I like Obi-Wan, and thank goodness he’s not like Luke and actually feels somewhat like himself (he’s a little mopey but that’s understandable), and I really liked the brief period that was all about him living his life. But he’s now getting sucked into a plot that is full of dumb stuff, which makes me sad. I just hope he remains himself throughout it all so I can at least enjoy that part of the show.

"He's a little mopey, but that's understandable." Biggest understatement of forever XD

About the whole Bail thing; they actually kind of address that

Leia's cousin says her parents keep her on the planet and basically only acknowledge her existence at the barest possible level. I think them hiring a bounty hunter or refusing to reluctance to use their militia  is cause they don't want to draw any attention on any level that could lead to people snooping about their adopted daughter. They want to get Obi Wan to do it, cause he swore an oath to protect the children, he knows who she is, and he's an exi Jedi whose super skilled at everything. And more importantly, they can avoid drawing attention to Leia. 

Oh and he was trained by the Taken Guy XD

26 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

"He's a little mopey, but that's understandable." Biggest understatement of forever XD

Intentionally so. XD I don’t mind that aspect of him. Hell, he should behave a little abnormally. Keeping a low profile is important for his mission.

I don’t even blame him for telling that other Jedi to piss off and bury his lightsaber. One man won’t make that big a difference, but with Luke, there is (a new :P) hope. I actually really dig how much Obi-Wan has got his eyes on the prize and is committed to Luke being safe and eventually ready for training.

Telling the Jedi anything else, or helping him at all, would’ve been too big a risk. He’d only be a liability.

26 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Leia's cousin says her parents keep her on the planet and basically only acknowledge her existence at the barest possible level. I think them hiring a bounty hunter or refusing to reluctance to use their militia  is cause they don't want to draw any attention on any level that could lead to people snooping about their adopted daughter. They want to get Obi Wan to do it, cause he swore an oath to protect the children, he knows who she is, and he's an exi Jedi whose super skilled at everything. And more importantly, they can avoid drawing attention to Leia. 

Yeah, but that’s bullshit. XD Maybe they don’t plaster Leia’s face on the news every day, but she isn’t a secret child. This episode makes it clear that she’s known to be adopted.

Hell, within a few years she will be a galaxy-traveling diplomat! They already have an air-tight cover story.

Leia doesn’t know whose daughter she is. Nobody should besides Yoda, Bail, and Obi-Wan. So how exactly would sending someone else draw suspicion toward her? Is Boba Fett gonna check her midi-chlorian count? Realistically, what’ll happen is he’ll find her, kill a bunch of people, and bring her home with no questions asked besides "here’s your dumb orphan, now where’s my money?"

It is a thousand times more suspicious for her to go missing and them NOT to make an effort to get her back. And as competent as Obi-Wan is, one fuck-up will very likely mean they’re all dead and Luke gets to carry on the Skywalker family tradition of being enslaved and raped by sand people ten years from now. Good going guys. Yoda would be proud. 

Far as I can tell, the plan was always for Leia to just live a good life with the Organas and for Luke to eventually become Obi-Wan’s apprentice. Pulling Obi-Wan away from his monumentally important task to deal with problems that aren’t related to him is extremely reckless.

• Like 1

Bail’s reasoning of "only you know how important she really is" is just dumb.

She’s your daughter, man! There’s nothing unusual about a King/Senator hiring help to save his daughter! Why would a bounty hunter think twice about that?

"Wait, why is this girl so important to her father? Is she Anakin’s kid or something?!"

The only ways anyone could possibly figure that out are if Bail tells them himself, or… Obi-Wan gets involved.

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

those Lone Wolf and Cub knock off plots XD

I love the format when it’s done right. In fact, it’s one of my favorite types of character dynamic. But for some reason it just constantly gets done poorly.

Like, Mando would be a perfect character to pair with a "cub". But instead of a character, he was given a voiceless puppet who doesn’t really do anything besides make baby noises so girls on Twitter can gush over how cute he is. I’d like it so much better if he got paired with someone who could actually talk and give him something to work with.

But at this stage in his life, Kenobi is definitely best suited to being a lone wolf, so I’m glad they’re going that angle. 

I love the format when it’s done right. In fact, it’s one of my favorite types of character dynamic. But for some reason it just constantly gets done poorly.

Like, Mando would be a perfect character to pair with a "cub". But instead of a character, he was given a voiceless puppet who doesn’t really do anything besides make baby noises so girls on Twitter can gush over how cute he is. I’d like it so much better if he got paired with someone who could actually talk and give him something to work with.

But at this stage in his life, Kenobi is definitely best suited to being a lone wolf, so I’m glad they’re going that angle. 

I mean, even if you think she's annoying, at least Leia can properly interact with Obi Wan XD

12 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I mean, even if you think she's annoying, at least Leia can properly interact with Obi Wan XD

I’ve never seen her interact with Obi-Wan. :rofl: Episode 1, remember?

Although if she interacts with him the way she did with other people in this episode, I might have preferred the silence. XD

So they meet in this show? Doesn’t that contradict ANH? She doesn’t know him personally in that movie. She just knows of him, and how he served with her father. 

Here I was wondering how he was going to rescue her without her knowing.