Who will take the Beskar Throne?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How will take the Beskar Throne?

• Bo Katan
    • Din Djarin
    • The Armorer
    • Sabine Wren

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I like that you’re leaning full into the "what could’ve been" with the clones being the enemies.

As much as I'll shit on the prequels, I do genuinely like them (except the writing of episode 2). But I also think about what could have been a lot.

It's interesting to think of a Republic who became more militaristic and who's leader took more power, instead of a general complete reformation.

Jedi being more akin to warrior monks, and both they and the Sith being more religiously zealous.

Organa being a decorated war hero.

The clones being the massive destabilizer, almost in an Asimov fashion.

It's just real fascinating to me the original storyline of what could have been before Lucas developed it more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@The Good Doctor Curiosity got the better of me and I watched the Obi Wan/Vader fight from Kenobi.

They literally had Vader get overpowered in both the force and lightsaber combat. Obi Wan is an extremely skilled defensive duelist, hell you could argue he's even more skilled then Vader, but what you cannot argue is he's stronger.

Physically or in the force. If they just haaad to have one last fight between the two before they got all old n sheit, Obi Wan should have won through his determination to protect Luke fueling his mastery of that defensive form. Have Obi Wan feel nothing but pity towards Vader instead of the fear instilled in all other people, but also don't have him willingly spare him too. Have him recognize it was his greatest mistake leaving Anakin to succumb to his injuries instead of finishing him off.

Having Obi Wan even now a weaker opponent, but more skilled duelist would at least explain (as they just haaad to have more story between the two) why Vader was so passive against Old Ben. Ya know, instead of being the pimp daddy of the force for some reason.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Physically or in the force. If they just haaad to have one last fight between the two before they got all old n sheit, Obi Wan should have won through his determination to protect Luke fueling his mastery of that defensive form.

Having them fight at all breaks the OT, honestly. But yeah, if it absolutely must happen, this is how you do it. The sparing him part is the worst, because it completely ruins Obi-Wan’s character (as if the show hadn’t been doing that all season anyway). 

This is a show that I think most people will end up just ignoring when discussing the Star Wars universe. It literally just doesn’t slot in on any level. None of the characters are themselves, the plot is contradictory nonsense, and if it did happen, then the OT couldn’t have. I don’t believe that these events took place, no matter what Mikey Mouse says.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just watched Andor. Got to say, man that shit was good. Disney finally managed to polish a fucking turd. It’s definitely a close second to Mando season 1 for me. Don’t get me wrong, I think Disney Star Wars is just high production cost shitty fan fiction and the old-EU is true canon but I still enjoy some of the things being put out now because they are vastly improving

Fuck:dntknw:

On 8/13/2022 at 11:14 PM, TheCzarsHussar said:

@The Good Doctor Curiosity got the better of me and I watched the Obi Wan/Vader fight from Kenobi.

They literally had Vader get overpowered in both the force and lightsaber combat. Obi Wan is an extremely skilled defensive duelist, hell you could argue he's even more skilled then Vader, but what you cannot argue is he's stronger.

Physically or in the force. If they just haaad to have one last fight between the two before they got all old n sheit, Obi Wan should have won through his determination to protect Luke fueling his mastery of that defensive form. Have Obi Wan feel nothing but pity towards Vader instead of the fear instilled in all other people, but also don't have him willingly spare him too. Have him recognize it was his greatest mistake leaving Anakin to succumb to his injuries instead of finishing him off.

Having Obi Wan even now a weaker opponent, but more skilled duelist would at least explain (as they just haaad to have more story between the two) why Vader was so passive against Old Ben. Ya know, instead of being the pimp daddy of the force for some reason.

To play devils advocate here, Obi went into the duel weaker in every aspect. He shut himself off from the force and buried his past for 10 years. The force and you ability doesn’t just come back and you should know this from KOTOR II. You have to work your way back to it, but after Vader buries Obi Wan and he senses luke is in danger, it pushes him into over drive and truly rekindles that fire and allows Kenobi to reach that essential zen state where he achieves oneness with the force again like he did in the Ep3 novelization when fighting Grevious

Fuck:dntknw:

I will probably watch Andor some day. But even if it’s great, I couldn’t say Disney is vastly improving just because one good thing managed to slip through the cracks. I still maintain that Boba Fett and Kenobi are sequel trilogy levels of lazy character-ruining bullshit. And in hindsight, Mando season 2 doesn’t really wow me either.

5 hours ago, Centurion said:

He shut himself off from the force and buried his past for 10 years. The force and you ability doesn’t just come back and you should know this from KOTOR II. You have to work your way back to it,

Except like two episodes prior he randomly uses the Force to hold back the entire weight of the ocean after struggling to do minor things up until that point. Then again, that is the same episode that he smuggled Leia past the Empire in a trench coat like a couple of looney toons, so maybe my expectations for whoever made it are just too high. XD 

Although the entire premise of Obi-Wan cutting himself off from the Force when his whole job was to protect and train Luke with it was stupid to begin with. I quite liked episode 1 when it seemed like he was seriously dedicated to this mission and nothing else, but that turning out to be a lie and him actually just being a cynical, cowardly old man who needed a pep talk from fucking Leia to find his balls again just ruined the whole thing for me.

Han, Luke, Obi-Wan… feels like Disney are determined to make every single one of the classic heroes in this universe turn into washed up old losers who needs some spunky little girl to make them man up. I wouldn’t be surprised anymore if we got a Yoda show that reveals he became a death stick addict between episodes 3 and 4, and only got sober again after Ahsoka Tano slapped him and gave a speech.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Y’all bear with me on this, but I feel like Boba Fett and Kenobi’s shows would have been better, made much more sense, and been truer to the characters if the broader plot lines had been swapped.

Obi-Wan stays on Tatooine, deals with Tuscan raiders, and helps the locals fight off violent gangsters.

Boba Fett goes on a mission throughout the seedy underbellies of the galaxy to to rescue a kidnapped VIP. 

In Obi-Wan's, the Tuscan interactions would explain why he knows how to deal with them in Episode 4. And by fighting off the gangsters, he would be doing his job to protect Luke instead of abandoning him. It would also serve as a nice, quiet little redemption for both Kenobi and the Jedi for him to protect the locals after standing by and doing nothing about their oppression and enslavement in the Prequels.

In Boba Fett’s, he would actually be doing the shit Boba Fett is supposed to be doing. Hunting bounties, kicking ass, taking names, dealing with all the scum and smugglers and crooks. Being the ruthless badass that he’s supposed to be instead of the softy do-gooder we got in his actual show.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You know, as cool as it is for the protagonist to "level up" and get gear upgrades as he goes, I think I prefer the original look for the Mandalorian, when he only had the Beskar helmet and not a full shiny suit of it.

It was more rugged and distinct. And better matched the sort of western "lone gunslinger" vibe they were going for in early season 1.

Plus, I preferred it when he wasn’t blasterproof. Kinda kills the stakes of gunfights when I’ve watched him stomp down a hallways tanking hundreds of shots without getting hurt.

Thoughts?

latest?cb=20200120063858

66be160c60f44a5709976edb18573bb5.png

• 3 weeks later...

@Centurion

Mandalorian Season 3, episode 3.

Huh. I actually liked it. I’d go so far as to say that Doctor Pershing got more characterization in 30 minutes than any of the main cast have gotten in whole seasons. And it was chock full of juicy world building for the New Republic, the aftermath of the war, and what was done with those who served the Empire. It made me want more stuff like that, just stories in the world of Star Wars that flesh it out and build upon existing lore without trying to be constant "cameo of the week" fan service and weightless 0-stakes action scenes every ten minutes. 

I was legitimately annoyed and disappointed when his part ended and we cut back to Ditzy Din flying back to the Clowns of the Watch. Like, it made me hate those losers even more, after getting a brief reminder of what Star Wars has the potential to be. 

I really need to hurry up and watch Andor. XD 

But yeah, it wasn’t perfect and placing it in the middle of a Mando episode was weird, but I did enjoy that bit. I really liked getting what I believe has been our first and only serious glimpse into how the New Republic operates: the bureaucracy, the lives of its people, the ways it has tried to improve things after the Empire, but also and some little hypocrisies and chinks in the armor.

I liked the ending where they used a device that Pershing recognized as downright brutal and inhumane from his time with the Empire, but the Republic officials just smile and dismiss his concerns, saying that it’s okay when they use it because they use it for good… not like those evil Imperials… and then the woman who is either a plant just ruthless in her own right proceeds to exploit the system and use it for evil anyway. Makes you wonder how often that was the case in the Empire.

The whole thing was bizarre. Like, it was an actual story that progressed the world… with actual characters and world building that wasn’t completely stupid… and even provoked some thought! Why can’t this be the kind of shit Disney makes all the time?! :cry:

Okay, rant over. XD 

• Like 1

Oh yeah, Mando was in this episode. Guess I should comment on that too. XD 

I thought it was hilarious when Bo-Katan put Din on blast in front of all his friends.

"I saw him bathe in the waters. He slipped and fell and I saved him from drowning!"

Such a dick move. :rofl: But I guess if you’re the type of hero to slip and fall to your death in a bathtub, you deserve to get some shit for it. XD 

I found it odd that nobody seemed very interested in the fact that Mandalore is now confirmed to be safe for traversal. Like, they just learned the biggest news they could possibly receive and all they cared about was that Din is now redeemed (which, by the way, it's kind of lame that all it took was a bath and that it happened literally two episodes after his big exile...).

And now Bo-Katan has joined the lame cosplay club. I hope she leaves them soon and drags Din kicking and screaming behind her. There is still hope for him to be a character, damnit!

This seasons been...alot weirder; its like some weird ass Mandalorian slice of life XD Its enjoyable but weird. I think the whole lets put "Grogu" in armor was some decision by executives who thought if they combined Yoda and Boba Fett they'd make money. 

I really liked the Jar Jar cameo though; Ahmed deserved it after the shit they put him through after the Phantom Menace. 

48 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think the whole lets put "Grogu" in armor was some decision by executives who thought if they combined Yoda and Boba Fett they'd make money. 

I haven’t gotten to this yet but I’m 100% sure that’s what it is. Grogu is their most marketable character, and the Mandalorian look is still popular even though the show has badly declined in popularity and views. Combining the two is just easy money.

Hell, marketing is the only reason Grogu is still in the show at all. He should’ve been out after season 2.

From what I’ve seen so far (episodes 1-3), I don’t much care for this season at all. The best part by far was only halfway decent because it wasn’t really a Mandalorian episode at all, but rather a weird "Pershing" episode slotted into the middle of one. Most things revolving around the Mandalorians themselves has been really dumb.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I haven’t gotten to this yet but I’m 100% sure that’s what it is. Grogu is their most marketable character, and the Mandalorian look is still popular even though the show has badly declined in popularity and views. Combining the two is just easy money.

Hell, marketing is the only reason Grogu is still in the show at all. He should’ve been out after season 2.

From what I’ve seen so far (episodes 1-3), I don’t much care for this season at all. The best part by far was only halfway decent because it wasn’t really a Mandalorian episode at all, but rather a weird "Pershing" episode slotted into the middle of one. Most things revolving around the Mandalorians themselves has been really dumb.

You gotta milk those Lone Wolf and Cub references XD