Star Wars SPOILERS & discussion

Who will take the Beskar Throne?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How will take the Beskar Throne?

• Bo Katan
    • Din Djarin
    • The Armorer
    • Sabine Wren

I will say though that the first ten or so minutes of the "Mando" episode are probably my favorite part of either show. They’re basically what I wanted Mando to be all along. Just a ruthless bounty hunter killing fools and claiming bounties in interesting locations.

Disney… you did it. You got it right. Why can’t you just keep doing it?!!

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Is Disney just trying to make everything fans loved about their warrior-cult-religion null and stupid?

They do kinda make fun of it at one point. Mando is getting on a space bus and the droid is like "no weapons".

And he’s like "I’m a Mandalowian, weapons aw my wewigion." :crying:

The droid doesn’t care, and Mando just immediately submits and hands over everything to be stored in the back (remember, he never trusted any droids until like a month ago), and this includes the Dark Saber, basically the Excalibur of his people. 

Why not just get a different bus? Or try a little harder? You sure don’t seem to give many shits about your religion, Mando. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog what was your opinion on the Dark Saber randomly being retconned to be so heavy that the Mandalorians can barely wield it?

I thought it was more of the fact Mando has never wielded a Lightsaber before, and he's struggling to use the weapon without being super inwieldy. He has to train himself to use it properly

Another thing of Disney wussifying the source material.

There's a large Lone Wolf and Cub reference in the episode were Luke offers Grogu the gift the Mando made him or a lightsaber to signify if he wants to be a Jedi or join him in Mandlorian culture. 

The scene is arranged exactly like the part in Lone Wolf were Oggami offers his baby son his sword, or a toy.  So it's clearly a homage (Forcing him to choose between the path of the Demon with his father, or being "reunited" with his mother).

19802776._SY540_.jpg

The thing is the original scene was a euphemism for Ogami saying, "You choose the ball kid, i'm going to fucking kill you" (Viewing it as a mercy kill compared to the shit he's going to have to deal with, walking down the path of the Daemon) XD