Who will take the Beskar Throne?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How will take the Beskar Throne?

• Bo Katan
    • Din Djarin
    • The Armorer
    • Sabine Wren

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

The whole Sarlac and Tuskens changed him alot. 

I call BS. XD A hardened bounty hunter who has been through all that Boba has isn’t going to turn a new leaf because he had a brush with death. He’s made a career of facing death every day.

The Tusken dickheads enslaved him, worked him near to death, and this pathetic, Stockholm syndrome-afflicted bitch ass is gonna say they "saved him and took him in". 

Boba should be using these losers for target practice, not crying about their ancestral claim to some shitty desert like he has any reason to give a fuck.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I call BS. XD A hardened bounty hunter who has been through all that Boba has isn’t going to turn a new leaf because he had a brush with death. He’s made a career of facing death every day.

The Tusken dickheads enslaved him, worked him near to death, and this pathetic, Stockholm syndrome-afflicted bitch ass is gonna say they "saved him and took him in". 

Boba should be using these losers for target practice, not crying about their ancestral claim to some shitty desert like he has any reason to give a fuck.

I feel like Anakin typed this post. 

• Haha 1

It’s like advertising a show about Darth Vader. Naturally, you’re gonna be expecting, you know, Darth Vader.

And then it opens with him nearly drowning and the experience results in him turning into a goodie-two-shoes in the first five seconds. For the rest of the show, he just idiotically bounces around helping people because this is Vader now.

I hate it. XD It’s also way toned down on the brutal stuff. I remember in the "Mando" episode (I refuse to call it a Boba episode), I saw blood in one fight and was shocked, because I’d gotten so used to the G rated violence Boba, the guy known for disintegrations, gets into. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@The Good Doctor They did it, they fucking did it

Reveal hidden contents

b7ffqcg1vdf81.png

No, Cad Bane is way too fucking cool for being in that show. A friend showed me images from the show and asked me what I thought it was, I thought it was power rangers before he told me it was that show :rofl:

I was never the biggest fan of Boba, but having read these comments, I've even less a reason to see them doing my boy Cad dirty. Also isn't he like in his nineties by now at least? He sounded real grizzled in Clone Wars, like an old western outlaw.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Also isn't he like in his nineties by now at least? He sounded real grizzled in Clone Wars, like an old western outlaw.

I can accept this since species don’t all age the same way. Remember, Baby Yoda is significantly older than Luke Skywalker. Maybe Cad is like 200 and ~30 more years is nothing.

The best we can hope for is Cad getting to be his normal self in this show. If he does, he’ll be the best thing in it by far. Low bar, of course. I can’t believe how dirty they’ve done Boba. He’s become comically submissive and dim-witted.

There is actually a scene where Boba goes back to the sarlac pit and almost gets pulled into it again. :rofl: And it’s to recover his armor… which he escaped with in the first place and should know isn’t inside.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I can accept this since species don’t all age the same way. Remember, Baby Yoda is significantly older than Luke Skywalker. Maybe Cad is like 200 and ~30 more years is nothing.

I petition that Rise of Rey Who ends with Cad Bane in a mechanical wheelchair cruising across the desert shooting Rey Who at the ending.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I'll bet you Disney is the reason Boba's character is so alien now. Getting to watch how he would have realistically acted, same personality, just older, having usurped Jabba's holdings would be so fun to watch. But nope, gotta have weird ass reverse character assassination.

At this point, I'm gonna pretend this Boba is a pod person :rofl:

• Haha 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

At this point, I'm gonna pretend this Boba is a pod person :rofl:

The sarlac also ate an ordinary Clone Trooper. They then stole Boba’s armor and escaped. 

Of course Disney is the reason. They’re terrified of having a mercenary protagonist with even an ounce of grit. It’s the same reason Mando the Bounty Hunter’s show ended up being about taking care of some baby and he almost never actually hunted bounties.

NotBoba Fett is a self-professed crime boss who is completely unwilling to engage in anything nefarious or brutal. Legitimately anybody could usurp him if they wanted to. He’d probably just let it happen.

Which is a shame, because I absolutely love the concept of an older, grizzled Boba Fett coming to terms with his mortality and deciding to do something different. Maybe the uproar with Jabba made him take a step back and reflect. He can the younger dogs handle the bounties, and make his fortune calling the shots instead of pulling the trigger every time himself. That would be really cool if it was done well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Which is a shame, because I absolutely love the concept of an older, grizzled Boba Fett coming to terms with his mortality and deciding to do something different. Maybe the uproar with Jabba made him take a step back and reflect. He can the younger dogs handle the bounties, and make his fortune calling the shots instead of pulling the trigger every time himself. That would be really cool if it was done well. 

If the real Boba had to deal with his equal, who seems to have not lost his touch at all, while Boba is getting on in years. That would make for a really good show if done properly. Boba can still be less overtly ruthless then Jabba, without his spine and grit turning into mush.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

11 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Boba can still be less overtly ruthless then Jobba, without his spine and grit turning into mush.

I’d honestly prefer it if he was more ruthless than Jabba. The dude’s an assassin, after all, and so was his father who I presume he admired. He should be deadly and precise in everything he does.

The big difference is that he’d be less sadistic. Jabba enjoyed tormenting people who got on his bad side. He’d laugh and watch them squirm while his rancor ate them. He’d drive miles just to feed people to his pet sarlac. Conversely, Boba should be all about them credits. It’s not personal for him and he doesn’t revel in it. A blaster shot to the brain would suffice. And I’d love it if his experience as a Bounty Hunter made him really good at formulating strategies and whatnot to coordinate his syndicate in ways that Jabba didn’t have the competence to pull off.

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I’d honestly prefer it if he was more ruthless than Jabba. The dude’s an assassin, after all, and so was his father who I presume he admired. He should be deadly and precise in everything he does.

The big difference is that he’d be less sadistic. Jabba enjoyed tormenting people who got on his bad side. He’d laugh and watch them squirm while his rancor ate them. He’d drive miles just to feed people to his pet sarlac. Conversely, Boba should be all about them credits. It’s not personal for him and he doesn’t revel in it. A blaster shot to the brain would suffice. And I’d love it if his experience as a Bounty Hunter made him really good at formulating strategies and whatnot to coordinate his syndicate in ways that Jabba didn’t have the competence to pull off.

I'd much prefer this, but I mean if there HAD to be some kind of compromise.

I don’t see how current Boba can stand up to Cad Bane. He’s too big of a wuss. Maybe that’s why they brought Mando in to steal the spotlight. They knew their Boba wasn’t good enough. XD 

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I'd much prefer this, but I mean if there HAD to be some kind of compromise.

Yeah, I hear ya. And in fairness, you did say "overtly", which would probably be true either way. 

Just makes me sad to see another story with such great potential getting squandered by crappy writers. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Jango is probably the coolest bounty hunter in SW at this point, though. On top of being a Jedi killer who even gave Kenobi a hard time, he also sired the army that would take over the galaxy. XD 

Went out absolutely brutally, but instantly too. In an alternate, cut scene, he puts up a longer fight against mace and dies in a much more painful way. Getting several lightsaber cuts and then beheaded.