Who will take the Beskar Throne?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How will take the Beskar Throne?

• Bo Katan
    • Din Djarin
    • The Armorer
    • Sabine Wren

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Not everything bad is fun. This shit is absolutely way worse than Dragon Age 2 by any standard. And not just the last two episodes (I haven’t even seen those yet :P). The writing and characters are so bad that it’s actually embarrassing to watch. And I watch Batwoman. XD 

I honestly think it's just painfully shittily mediocre XD Like most of the Phase 4 MCU movies. I wish I could laugh at a real stink fest, but it just bores me to sleep. 

We are in full agreement that Disney should be ashamed that they shat it out however.  

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

honestly think it's just painfully shittily mediocre XD Like most of the Phase 4 MCU movies.

We’ve got different definitions of mediocre, then. Because almost every phase 4 MCU movie that I’ve seen has been absolute trash, far worse than mediocre. The fact that they’re also boring sludge is true independently of that.

Like, what about Mando season 3 elevates it even to "mediocre" levels? The writing makes no sense at all, there isn’t a story, and none of the characters have any character. And apparently I am saying this having not even reached the worst episodes yet. XD 

At least with season 2 the visuals were kinda nice but now even those look cheap compared to back then. Kinda like Book of Boba Fett.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

We’ve got different definitions of mediocre, then. Because almost every phase 4 MCU movie that I’ve seen has been absolute trash, far worse than mediocre. The fact that they’re also boring sludge is true independently of that.

Like, what about Mando season 3 elevates it even to "mediocre" levels? The writing makes no sense at all, there isn’t a story, and none of the characters have any character. And apparently I am saying this having not even reached the worst episodes yet. XD 

At least with season 2 the visuals were kinda nice but now even those look cheap compared to back then. Kinda like Book of Boba Fett.

For something to qualify as bad to me, I got have some kind of gut reaction to it; all I get from Mando is "Wow, this is fucking boring" or "Wow that was boring AND stupid" XD

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

For something to qualify as bad to me, I got have some kind of gut reaction to it; all I get from Mando is "Wow, this is fucking boring" XD

Funny thing is, I don’t actually find it to be all that boring, myself. For me, Mando has become like the Batwoman of Star Wars. I have a great time watching it just to laugh the batshit idiocy of it all.

About the only really positive things I can say is I really like the trend of all the new Star Wars media replacing CGI aliens with puppetry, I think the aliens and creatures have a hundred times more characters in that, then the actual characters XD 

Like those old men aliens that Yoda Fett was tormenting and the weird fucking Pirates XD

59 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

About the only really positive things I can say is I really like the trend of all the new Star Wars media replacing CGI aliens with puppetry, I think the aliens and creatures have a hundred times more character in that, then the actual character XD 

Like those weird old men aliens that Yoda Fett was tormenting and the weird fucking Pirates XD

I tend to agree. The one big exception is actually Baby Yoda. The puppet itself is fine but any time he moves more than his head and arms, it looks extremely fake. Like when he runs it‘a clearly just doll on wheels being pulled by a string. Not to mention the silly Force jumps. XD 

But yeah, a lot of the aliens look great. The most impressive one to me by far was the four-armed doctor in Andor. He looks like the same alien species as one of the characters in the sequel trilogy, but this time done with actors and props instead of CGI and it looks so real that it stands out a little bit. 

four-armed-doctor-1665591158.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I tend to agree. The one big exception is actually Baby Yoda. The puppet itself is fine but any time he moves more than his head and arms, it looks extremely fake. Like when he runs it‘a clearly just doll on wheels being pulled by a string. Not to mention the silly Force jumps. XD 

But yeah, a lot of the aliens look great. The most impressive one to me by far was the four-armed doctor in Andor. He looks like the same alien species as one of the characters in the sequel trilogy, but this time done with actors and props instead of CGI and it looks so real that it stands out a little bit. 

four-armed-doctor-1665591158.jpg

Rogue One had some great designs in that vein; it and Andor were pretty much the only ones who were faithful to the Rebels having alot of aliens in there ranks; and I don't mean the Star Trek Style of big rubber forehead ones XD

image_5f3c7368.jpeg?region=0,0,768,432

moroff-in-rogue-one.jpeg?w=1200&h=630&fi

It's a great design trend that I'm glad Disney embraced from the 80's/90's  XD Why even bother to have aliens if there just blue skinned humans 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Rogue One had some great designs in that vein; it and Andor were pretty much the only ones who were faithful to the Rebels having alot of aliens in there ranks; 

Andor didn’t have any major alien characters but there were a ton of really awesome looking ones in minor roles or hanging out in the background. Droids too.

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Andor didn’t have any major alien characters but there were a ton of really awesome looking ones in minor roles or hanging out in the background. Droids too.

That's what I mean XD In Star Wars media they lazily put there rank and file as humans when there supposed to be employing all the pissed off Aliens 

• 2 weeks later...

In your opinions, what other real world weapons could, in classic Star Wars style, translate to the setting?

Like how the Sten and stg44 were modified as blasters.

I think the Standschütze Hellriegel 1915, a prototype submachine gun from WW1 that never saw production would be a great fit. It gives me the vibe of belonging to a former Imperial field engineer (in the imperial army, not Stormtrooper corp) in the outter rim. Replace the wooden stock with a metal one and it's perfect.

1.thumb.jpg.52e84a48f8bc43f64634b3a8772907fe.jpg

vladimir-nikityuk-hellriegel-1915-b.jpg?

• Like 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

There's also subliminal messages that you'd only see if you mathematically measured Ahsoka Tano's skull. To make sure she's of Aryan stock of course.

Well yeah, but I’d hardly call them subliminal. Who wouldn’t measure Ashoka Tano’s skull to make sure she’s of Aryan stock?

• Haha 1

Haven't finished watching Jedi Survivor longplay, but spoilers below.

Was overall pretty uninterested. Gameplay is fine, really started liking it more seeing how combat was with the cross-hilted lightsaber. But goddamn that single section with Vader stole the show.

I was fully expecting it to do a disservice and have Vader get ragdolled and bitchslapped like what Disney likes doing to what should be the second most powerful man in the galaxy. But nah, the old Jedi gave the best she could, and even bloodied Vader's nose a bit. But in the end died. Hyped as hell, especially the finishing blow legit had me on the edge of my seat.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar