5 members have voted

1. 1. How will take the Beskar Throne?

• Bo Katan
    • Din Djarin
    • The Armorer
    • Sabine Wren

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

@Centurion

"and living in solitude only communicating with ghosts for two decades (baring the few conversations with actual people he had)"

Until the new show retcons it so he actually had a whole season’s worth of dumb adventures with Ahsoka and shit. XD 

The only part of rebels I liked was Obi Wan slotting Maul.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it’s no surprise but Book of Boba Fett was terrible pretty much beginning to end. XD The whole finale was just forty five minutes of morons aimlessly scrambling around in an embarrassing battle that had no stakes or coherence.

Cad Bane got to be cool for like three seconds in one scene, then the idiot ball got tossed his way and he joined the rest in getting butchered.

@TheCzarsHussar Cad spoilers if you care.

Cad is absent for most of the episode, just pops up a couple times to say some things before disappearing again. Then he appears at the end to duel Boba, which was itself super out of character because it was long after his side has lost and there’s no way Cad Bane is going to stick around and risk his death for a petty showdown that won’t change anything. His whole thing is that he looks after himself first and foremost.

Luckily, all of Boba’s allies just sort of randomly disappear for this scene so Cad cant get instantly vaporized when they square off like he should’ve.

The one good thing in the episode is that during the duel, he is a much quicker draw and actually aims between Boba’s armor!!! Literally everybody else just shoots Boba and Mando in the chest and shoulders over and over like a bazillion times, and then finally Cad is like "come on guys" and becomes the only villain to actually try aiming for the large chunks of exposed limbs and such.

Which is great! Everything surrounding the scene was stupid but at least Cad got to be a competent gunslinger.

Then, for some inexplicable reason, he decides to stop shooting the downed (but still conscious and heavily armed) Boba, walk up to him, and just gloat for five minutes until Boba awkwardly whips out that stupid Māori stick and kills him with it.

So that’s it. Cad Bane, the ruthless Jedi-hunting gunslinger with decades of experience, killed by a fucking stick because he wanted to gloat.

• Sad 1

Honestly, for the many people who watched this without having seen Clone Wars or knowing who Cad Bane is, he must’ve been a really weird inclusion.

Like, you’d probably be able to tell that he’s supposed to be someone important based on how his scenes are filmed, how strong his screen presence is, and whatnot. But the actual content is basically just him appearing in like four brief scenes, accomplishing nothing, and then dying embarrassingly.

It’s really bizarre.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

So kinda like Boba's original death? XD

It’s like poetry. It Rhymes. XD 

It is kinda similar energy. Except Boba was actually competent until the fateful moment he turned stupid and died.

Cad was just kind of dumb throughout and then really dumb at the end. If TCW didn’t exist, I wouldn’t know what I was supposed to make of him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Kenobi

came out the gates swinging with order 66. Obi wan is working as a meat packer on tatooine. Inquisitors are hunting another Jedi but the 3rd sister wants to make a name for her self. The child leia actor really nails the leia vibe holy shit. 2nd episode is fucking intense. The last scene is just too much for me to comprehend right now YES

Fuck:dntknw:

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm glad we aren't staying in Tatoinne.

On one hand, thank goodness, I am sick of that fucking planet. Rey Who and Beta Fett ruined it for me, and even Mando couldn’t keep away. There is more to the Galaxy than that freaking desert!

On the other hand… eh, storywise, I think I’ll have a hard time watching A New Hope (or even that Rebels episode) and believing that Kenobi spent the time between movies going on adventures to other planets. But I’ll give this one a chance solely for Ewan McGregor. Probably will wait til more episodes are out before I watch it, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

How funny would it be if his Order 66 switch kicked in and he went from poor beggar to violent murderer as soon as his eyes met Kenobi’s? XD 

You could tell by Obi's thousand yard stare he was thinking the exact same thing XD

It's still heartwarming after all they did he still cant stop feeling compasion for his troopers.