Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #31

2020 Presidential Election: "It Could Be Worse" Edition  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which ruthless conquerer would you vote to be your next president?

• Darth Sideous
    • Caesar (Fallout version)
    • King Radovid
    • Daenerys Targaryen (finale version)

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m fine with the look of Skyrim’s Legion armors but not for Skyrim. Sleeveless and skirts in Winterhold is just dumb. Should’ve made the Nordic Legions look Nordic themed, and left the super Roman stuff in Cyrodiil. 

But I will agree that the way it comes in Skyrim is bad for Skyrim lol but I have the sleeved imperials mod and I add a bear skin cloak from winter is coming and it actually looks like legion gear tailored for the cold. I’ll eventually get on my computer and take a screen shot for you

• Thanks 1

Fuck:dntknw:

These are my favorite Imperial concept armors. I had a much longer written post, then the forum decided to nuke my comment and not restore it XD

ImperialArmor03

Look at that absolute chad on the left.

ImperialArmor04ImperialArmor05

These two images are for those awesome elaborate helmets. Much better for the officers than what we got in the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

When it comes to Barbarian Legionaries, I think they should have taken cues from Divide Et Impera's depiction of the Rhineland Veteran Legion auxiliaries

isHyFlv.png

In the context of Skyrim, that's what the legionaries were. Unless levied from staunchly Imperialized population, the Nordic legionaries should have looked Nordic! I'm still surprised nobody has modded in the old look.

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Fuck i'm seeing the meme everywhere now 

5o9ztb2txvc61.png

Next confirmed Legendary Lord.

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I like all the armors in these links EXCEPT the helmet on the third guy here.

Get that Red Diamond shit outa my 4th era!

Papa Akatosh don't like that shit no more.

But I give it a pass because come on, look at that guy, he looks like the epidemy of stuck up Imperial. :P

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Papa Akatosh don't like that shit no more.

But I give it a pass because come on, look at that guy, he looks like the epidemy of stuck up Imperial. :P

The Red Diamond shouldn’t even be possible anymore. Funnily enough, this exact specific scenario (stubborn Legion officer with a Red Diamond on his helmet) was discussed before Skyrim came out:

"Short version: any attempt to draw the old red diamond would invariably end up failing.

Ex: A painter would paint it. The paint would set. The paint would crack and move. The final painting would be a 2D explosion. More Talos despair would set in.

Ex: Blacksmiths would forge the symbol. The metal would cool, be applied to an Imperial helmet. A brave legate would wear it. The diamond stayed on long enough to meet with a Dominion ambassador. Imperials would be all "See? Our faith in Talos is--" Legate's helmet would crack from the symbol, legate's head crushes in. More Talos despair. Dominion ambassador would smile and accept the surrender of whole legion."

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The Red Diamond shouldn’t even be possible anymore. Funnily enough, this exact specific scenario (stubborn Legion officer with a Red Diamond on his helmet) was discussed before Skyrim came out:

"Short version: any attempt to draw the old red diamond would invariably end up failing.

Ex: A painter would paint it. The paint would set. The paint would crack and move. The final painting would be a 2D explosion. More Talos despair would set in.

Ex: Blacksmiths would forge the symbol. The metal would cool, be applied to an Imperial helmet. A brave legate would wear it. The diamond stayed on long enough to meet with a Dominion ambassador. Imperials would be all "See? Our faith in Talos is--" Legate's helmet would crack from the symbol, legate's head crushes in. More Talos despair. Dominion ambassador would smile and accept the surrender of whole legion."

Oh yeah I forgot about that. It's strange if you look at it as either Akatosh and/or Talos oversoul abandoning the Empire until you remember that Talos quite literally lamented that things had gotten too old and that it was time for new ways of thinking in Morrowind.

You know it's pretty bad when your gods are even hinting it's time to let old things die.

52 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Oh yeah I forgot about that. It's strange if you look at it as either Akatosh and/or Talos oversoul abandoning the Empire until you remember that Talos quite literally lamented that things had gotten too old and that it was time for new ways of thinking in Morrowind.

You know it's pretty bad when your gods are even hinting it's time to let old things die.

I think with Talos Red Diamond the issue it’s less about the empire dying and more about them abandoning him. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Bad order for sure. But representative power doesn’t mean much anyway if the system is rigged so the votes don’t matter. This just feels like stunting.

Yeah. Well I’m not inclined to care much anymore until the time comes so yeah

Fuck:dntknw: