Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #31

2020 Presidential Election: "It Could Be Worse" Edition  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which ruthless conquerer would you vote to be your next president?

• Darth Sideous
    • Caesar (Fallout version)
    • King Radovid
    • Daenerys Targaryen (finale version)

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

So Colonel was telling me. You've been playing since launch? 

Though people's experience are always different; I remember the first time I played New Vegas was a miserable experience for me cause I kept getting bugs and corrupted saves, but all my buds had none of that. So his experience could be vastly different. Though at the same time, he also gave the Last of Us 2 a 6/10, which he despised, and I don't see Cyberpunk even remotely as bad as that even in it's broken state. 

I've been playing since day one. I barely saw even a visual glitch. The world is freaking amazing. Quest design, character design all top notch.

I think this is just punishing CDPR for making a big, ambitious game. They're going on and on about how CDPR "betrayed" gamers. It's freaking ridiculous.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Mind you. It's his opinion. If he feels Cyberpunk legit deserves a 6 he can say whatever he wants.

That seems low from what I’ve heard, unless the bugs just completely broke it. Especially considering DA2 and Fallout 4 got such good scores.

It’s the TLOU2 review I find most baffling. He ripped that game a new one, clearly hated it, then gave it a score that basically amounts to "it’s pretty good”. It feels very inconsistent. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Celan said:

I think this is just punishing CDPR for making a big, ambitious game. They're going on and on about how CDPR "betrayed" gamers. It's freaking ridiculous.

Not sure about Joe, but I think it’s bandwagon myself. It became popular to shit on Cyberpunk and CDPR on hivemind sites like Twitter and reddit long before the game even came out. They have wanted it to fail ever since they found out about "muh crunch" and a "did you just assume my gender" joke one of the devs tweeted a couple years ago. 

Now the game has some bugs like literally every open world game ever, but because the internet hivemind made it cool to tear down CDPR, it caught on and now people scramble to post clips of any bugs they see to make it look like it represents the whole game. 

It's more in comparison to other reviews that it stands out. He could give it a 6, which I think is low, but the fact that he gave other games that have such lazy mechanics as Fallout 4's radiant quest system or Dragon Age 2's SAME FREAKING CAVE higher scores... that just shows that there's something else going on.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hell if I recall, i'm the only who follows his stuff outside of gaming. I've been following his board game side business, while you didn't know it XD

I knew about it, I just don't care about board games :P I also don't care about twitch, and his twitter is annoying.

Also I deleted my twitter.

Anyway, the point still stands though, you and I know how biased against CDPR you are, as does Doc. Everyone here.

Its his right to have an opinion, yes, but his opinion as stated in his vid to me doesn't seem genuine. He's a youtuber, its his livelihood, he typically feels out his base before stating how he feels, I have seen it with the gamergate stuff.

He's on this "man of the people" bullshit and its annoying.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

He's on this "man of the people" bullshit and its annoying.

Anyway, the point still stands though, you and I know how biased against CDPR you are, as does Doc. Everyone here.

That's literally his gimmick...and it's been his gimmick since the start of his career; it's right in the title "Angry Joe" XD Corporate Commander?  He's always had it. 

I've never been more insulted in my life XD

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

That's literally his gimmick...and it's been his gimmick since the start of his career; it's right in the title "Angry Joe" XD Corporate Commander?  He's always had it. 

I've never been more insulted in my life XD

Why? Its not an insult, its just a reminder to you. You basically stated it yourself the last time we talked about it, and everyone has a bias of some sort and its important to remember it in a discussion.

Its his schtick, yea, and maybe back in the day I considered him worthy of it, but it has obviously gotten to his head over the years. It shows.

I'm not saying I don't pay any attention to him or that what he says is invalid, but between him and the quartering, I'm stating why I disagree with what they both have to say this time around. 

Actually I disagree with the Quartering a lot, he's conservative but plays the middle road for the same reason he and Tim Pool do, validation. And Joe is just straight liberal, though he's been red pilled on occasion.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, Celan said:

It's more in comparison to other reviews that it stands out. He could give it a 6, which I think is low, but the fact that he gave other games that have such lazy mechanics as Fallout 4's radiant quest system or Dragon Age 2's SAME FREAKING CAVE higher scores... that just shows that there's something else going on.

I remember Joe used to make a point to say that 6 is still a positive score and that just because reviewers like IGN work on a 7-10 scale doesn’t mean he does.

So that makes it really strange that he gave TLOU2, a game he despised, a 6. There’s no way Cyberpunk is on that level. 

• Like 1

Didn't you also have a ton of glitches in Kingdom Come Deliverance @BigBossBalrog? I remember barely having any on Xbox one back when I got it, except for the fucking flying supersonic kick glitch which scared that fuck out of me.

I've just recently bought it for ps4 and just finished a 5v1 and somehow survived. Bitch ass Men-at-Arms had 3 guys with bows and two melee. Once the shock wore off I got my bearings and retreated into a forest where I killed the two melee guys and bum rushed the archers. Thank god for plate and mail.