Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #31

2020 Presidential Election: "It Could Be Worse" Edition  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which ruthless conquerer would you vote to be your next president?

• Darth Sideous
    • Caesar (Fallout version)
    • King Radovid
    • Daenerys Targaryen (finale version)

I don't think I took them in order here, but basically its showing the reallocation of a group of dragon worshipers to the outskirts of Skyrim into a new dragon crypt or whatever. They made their exodus, then the dragon had his dragon priest ascend before leaving them to their own devices once they were all established.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Might have to get back to my campaign then. 

Not gonna lie man, I suck at halo now xD Im stuck on a part on heroic on halo 1's campaign, in the ship. Burned all the good human ammo and am stuck with plasma pistols and needlers. 

I think I have some skulls on that boost basic troop rank though... gonna have to turn that off. I'm old now lol.

• Sad 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

27 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Might have to get back to my campaign then. 

Not gonna lie man, I suck at halo now xD Im stuck on a part on heroic on halo 1's campaign, in the ship. Burned all the good human ammo and am stuck with plasma pistols and needlers. 

I think I have some skulls on that boost basic troop rank though... gonna have to turn that off. I'm old now lol.

Turn off all skulls. Halo 2 gets worst. Far worst in difficulty. 

31 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Turn off all skulls. Halo 2 gets worst. Far worst in difficulty. 

I did a Heroic + Skulls playthrough of the whole (real) series last Summer and the hardest for me was CE. I don’t remember 2 giving me any trouble besides the Banshee level toward the end.

Reach is the hardest. Just because of that space level where you pilot the prototype ship. It’s an awesome level, but on Heroic+ it’s a nightmare. Edit: Now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure I did Reach on Legendary, so that’s probably why it was so tough.  

28 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I did a Heroic + Skulls playthrough of the whole (real) series last Summer and the hardest for me was CE. I don’t remember 2 giving me any trouble besides the Banshee level toward the end.

Reach is the hardest. Just because of that space level where you pilot the prototype ship. It’s an awesome level, but on Heroic+ it’s a nightmare. Edit: Now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure I did Reach on Legendary, so that’s probably why it was so tough.  

Reach actually gave me barely any trouble, but I played on Heroic.

Halo 2 has way more bullshit in my opinion. The Jackal Snipers. The Brutes. Oh god the brutes. The room at the start of Gravemind that has you fight four honorguard brutes while the game gives you a single needler with no grenades. 

If you haven't already ya'll should watch the Halo 2 anniversary terminals. 1 had pretty decent ones; but 2's really flesh out the Heretic leader and the Covenant  as a whole, depicting events that were only mentioned in the background setting.

Watching the Grunts cry as there planets are glassed is brutal :( Just goes to show everyone in the covenant were victims. Really cool they showed Fal from Legends. 

The Prophets were brilliant though; using the office of Arbiter to eliminate politically dangerous elites, while being able to benefit from their skillset. Only Fal saw threw them 

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

Morrowinds legion armor was literally copy pasted from Rome 

Morrowind's had a good amount of Roman influence, but it was later Roman influence. It also had a good deal of unique fantasy, with oriental and even later medieval influence. If armor appearance is anything to off of.

You're telling me this is generic Roman? More so than the Skyrim additions?

MW-item-Imperial_Armor.jpg

Nearly all the sets use full plate protection for the legs. I see brigandine, mail, newtscale, and plate being used for protection.

The mail and brigandine have strong Norman and Italian influence. The mail has a leather harness used to better distribute weight, something the republican period Romans never used that we know of. Not to mention the nasal helmet, used alongside the more Roman appearing Imperial (Gallic, Italic?, Correct me on this @BigBossBalrog). Don't get me wrong, Morrowind has some serious Roman influence but it wasn't ALL the influence.

The Imperial armors of post Morrowind are bland, if they're going the full roman influence. Then the least they can do is branch out and give us some better fucking designs.

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

I was just talking about the one set.

Which set were you talking about? I didn't see any context about it, if it's there my bad fammo.

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

But also it was a joke. I love the armors from morrowind, but also the imperial heavy armor from Skyrim is my favorite armor in the game so :dntknw:

I'm an absolute grouch about Skyrim's imperial armors, all I feel is annoyance that the absolutely amazing Imperial armors of Skyrim's concept art is all but missing in the final product. 

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m fine with the look of Skyrim’s Legion armors but not for Skyrim. Sleeveless and skirts in Winterhold is just dumb. Should’ve made the Nordic Legions look Nordic themed, and left the super Roman stuff in Cyrodiil. 

Too bad there wasn’t super Roman stuff in Cyrodiil, just generic medieval europe

Fuck:dntknw:

30 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Too bad there wasn’t super Roman stuff in Cyrodiil, just generic medieval europe

I wouldn’t have been crazy about it being super Roman in Cyrodiil either, tbh, but that’s because I still wish it was the Morrowind/Pocket Guide Empire instead of the Oblivion one.

But either way, the Roman gear definitely would’ve worked way better there than it did in Skyrim.