Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #31

2020 Presidential Election: "It Could Be Worse" Edition  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which ruthless conquerer would you vote to be your next president?

• Darth Sideous
    • Caesar (Fallout version)
    • King Radovid
    • Daenerys Targaryen (finale version)

Been watching a Daggerfall longplay and I really like it. It's not to the quality of Morrowind in my opinion but it has this unique charm to it that like Morrowind has to it, has not been replicated.

I especially like how the player is neither bound to prophesy nor a hero in the sense of the word. You're a normal, trusted member of Uriel's circle sent to investigate a non-world ending mystery. And also you're one of like three competent and useful Blades in the whole history of the Empire. XD

It's a shame how shoddily the canon of the character is, killed in every Warp in the West possibility and also killed by activating NO himself.

30 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It's a shame how shoddily the canon of the character is, killed in every Warp in the West possibility and also killed by activating NO himself.

I was okay with this. I like him dying better than the typical "hero mysteriously vanishes even though he’d have been very useful five years later". Same reason I really like the Hero of Kvatch becoming Sheogorath.

I don’t mind the Nerevarine going to Akavir, but honestly I wish it had been after the Oblivion Crisis. How awesome would it have been to hear rumors that the Hortator was hard at work defending Morrowind from the daedra? Especially since Bethesda were just gonna blow up Vvardenfell a few years later anyway.

Speaking of the Submarine, here’s a meme. XD 

5BC2150E-D91A-44CE-ADAA-76D74BB7132B.thumb.png.eeb265f14ae90f8b8afdd96a66363349.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I was okay with this. I like him dying better than the typical "hero mysteriously vanishes even though he’d have been very useful five years later". Same reason I really like the Hero of Kvatch becoming Sheogorath.

I don’t mind the Nerevarine going to Akavir, but honestly I wish it had been after the Oblivion Crisis. How awesome would it have been to hear rumors that the Hortator was hard at work defending Morrowind from the daedra? Especially since Bethesda were just gonna blow up Vvardenfell a few years later anyway.

Speaking of the Submarine, here’s a meme. XD 

Hide contents

5BC2150E-D91A-44CE-ADAA-76D74BB7132B.thumb.png.eeb265f14ae90f8b8afdd96a66363349.png

The Whore ^ got me.

On that note, I’m back to playing Morrowind, climbing the ranks of House Redoran and building my stronghold.

Something I’ve noticed is that the Telvanni kidnap people a lot. I’ve had to rescue two seperate Redoran Councillors’ daughters from Divayth Fyr and Neloth's towers so far, and I’m pretty sure those aren’t the only ones.

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The Whore ^ got me.

Me too. That, and 'Submarine'. XD 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

On that note, I’m back to playing Morrowind, climbing the ranks of House Redoran and building my stronghold.

Something I’ve noticed is that the Telvanni kidnap people a lot. I’ve had to rescue two seperate Redoran Councillors’ daughters from Divayth Fyr and Neloth's towers so far, and I’m pretty sure those aren’t the only ones. XD 

Me too. That, and 'Submarine'. XD 

Alabamalexia really needed to update her profile picture, it's kind of an old pic.

I haven't been watching this whole time, but I just discovered something wild.

The main quest of Daggerfall and just how much time you spend in the game, takes years. I guess you can afford to skip leg day and have huge timespans when Dagoth Ur/Mehrunes/Alduin isn't getting a hard on for fucking everything up.

28 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I haven't been watching this whole time, but I just discovered something wild.

The main quest of Daggerfall and just how much time you spend in the game, takes years. I guess you can afford to skip leg day and have huge timespans when Dagoth Ur/Mehrunes/Alduin isn't getting a hard on for fucking everything up.

Yeah, it’s a big game. The MQ took 12 years to complete, canonically. Even Arena, which has its hero running all over Tamriel, only took like 10.

Morrowind being so much shorter is kinda believable because of all the cross-country teleportation in that game. XD But yeah, the Oblivion Crisis probably should’ve lasted longer realistically. Then there is ESO, which is by far the most ridiculous in this regard.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, it’s a big game. The MQ took 12 years to complete, canonically. Even Arena, which has its hero running all over Tamriel, only took like 10.

Morrowind being so much shorter is kinda believable because of all the cross-country teleportation in that game. XD But yeah, the Oblivion Crisis probably should’ve lasted longer realistically. Then there is ESO, which is by far the most ridiculous in this regard.

What's the time span of ESO?

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

What's the time span of ESO?

It used to progress with each expansion, like notes in Orsinium would be dated a year after the MQ, but they went back and changed that because they wanted new players to feel okay doing things out of order, so now it’s all dated for the same year. 

I just ignore it, tbh. The amount of shit happening in ESO dwarfs all the other games by a landslide, and it would be literally impossible for the hero to do it all in one year. I just assume it is ongoing like it used to be, and that the vanilla stuff all happened simultaneously over the course of a year, and that each DLC takes place months or years later.

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/indiana-jones-game-bethesda-machinegames-lucasfilm-games

Huh. Not a bad idea actually. Todd is apparently the executive producer on it. 

Eh. We already have Uncharted and Tomb Raider for that. If Bethesda wants to produce some adventure games, I'd rather them just bring back TES Adventures and give some other developer the right to make more games like Redguard.

Also, screw Indiana Jones. The character is a child molester. 

• Like 1