Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #31

2020 Presidential Election: "It Could Be Worse" Edition  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which ruthless conquerer would you vote to be your next president?

• Darth Sideous
    • Caesar (Fallout version)
    • King Radovid
    • Daenerys Targaryen (finale version)

29 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Eh. We already have Uncharted and Tomb Raider for that. If Bethesda wants to produce some adventure games, I'd rather them just bring back TES Adventures and give some other developer the right to make more games like Redguard.

Also, screw Indiana Jones. The character is a child molester. 

A teacher who abused his power and sexually assaulted a teenage girl . But yeah, I don't know what they were thinking with that relationship in the first movie. Apparently it was going to be even worse in the original script. 

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I don't know what they were thinking with that relationship in the first movie. 

What they were thinking is actually available in a transcript of their conversation. They thought it would be funny and edgy to secretly make this family character a creep who belongs in jail. They wanted to make her 11 or 12. I don't know much about George Lucas outside of his work with Star Wars, but the more you dig into Steven Spielberg, the worse he becomes.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

What they were thinking is actually available in a transcript of their conversation. They thought it would be funny and edgy to secretly make this family character a creep who belongs in jail. They wanted to make her 11 or 12. I don't know much about George Lucas outside of his work with Star Wars, but the more you dig into Steven Spielberg, the worse he becomes.

If it was some dark deconstruction about the shader side of colonial powers stealing from locals; with indie being some ruthless colonialist who had an army of marauders who want to pillage from the natives, it might be appropriate XD Not for something that was marketed to children. 

I don't know much about Spielberg, but I think he peaked with his horror movies (Jaws and Jurassic Park) everything else a majority of his stuff to be overrated.  

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I don't know much about Spielberg, but I think he peaked with his horror movies (Jaws and Jurassic Park) everything else a majority of his stuff to be overrated.  

I won't get into it here, but I think he's a sick fucker who happens to have some talent. Jurassic Park used to be one of my favorite movies, but tbh I have a hard time watching his work these days.

Finally did a playthrough of vanilla Halo CE Anniversary on pc, did it on heroic. I'm still amazed about how much the design holds up (the level design and encounter design especially), however I noticed some weirdness...

1. The Hunters are huge jobbers :rofl: They die in a single hit on there back with a magnum, a SINGLE HIT. These things freaked me out as a kid, yet in reality they were a total joke. Who knew such a cool design could be such a laughably easy foe. Elite Special Ops (and hell GRUNT Special Ops) are way scarier. 

2. The Assault Rifle is one of the most iconic, yet worst weapons ever put in a shooter. I remember plowing through things like butter...on easy. The thing is all the other weapons feel powerful on their respective roles on heroic. Except this thing. Short range. Huge spread. TINY, TINY DAMAGE. A full mag won't take down an Elite minor. And flood combat forms eat it up. The only role, at least in heroic and above, it excels at is clearing out infected forms. It's trash! 

3. Chief is way more of dumbass then the other games. He trusted 343 right away, didn't question him once, and when Cortana was screaming at him about being an idiot, he called him "his friend" really XD

4. Keyes deserved so much more, he's such a cool character :( The Anniversary terminals from his perspective were fucking brutal to watch, poor guy. He fought to the very end. Almost saved him too 

On to Halo 2 XD

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s cause CE Magnum is secretly humanity’s most powerful weapon by far.

In the designer/developer commentary with all the big names of old Bungie, they jokingly said that the covenant stole all of humanity's magnum between 1 and 2 because they were too powerful :rofl:

So Colonel was telling me. You've been playing since launch? 

Though people's experience are always different; I remember the first time I played New Vegas was a miserable experience for me cause I kept getting bugs and corrupted saves, but all my buds had none of that. So his experience could be vastly different. Though at the same time, he also gave the Last of Us 2 a 6/10, which he despised, and I don't see Cyberpunk even remotely as bad as that even in it's broken state. 

47 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

also gave the Last of Us 2 a 6/10, which he despised,

Yeah, his review of that game was freaking scathing. He hardly had a good thing to say besides that the visuals and acting were nice. That 6/10 was way too high.

Part of me wonders if it’s to throw off all the people who were calling him biased or bigoted or whatever because he raged over the (accurate) leaks before the game came out.

• Like 1