Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #29

Dead Pool- Who will not make it through chapter 4? (choose 3)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Deadest Characters Edition

• General Gracchus Ceno
    • Admiral Tacitus Meridius
    • High King Baldur Red-Snow
    • Boldir Iron-Brow
    • King Theodore Adrard
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Nahfahlaan
    • Ubbe the Savage

27 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Stroud didn’t like that lol, said he hates the Nords being afraid of magic stuff but that is a good explanation

Weren't the Vikings super superstitious and terrified of black magic XD Make sense, considering how reviled the College of Winterhold is. 

53 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Weren't the Vikings super superstitious and terrified of black magic XD Make sense, considering how reviled the College of Winterhold is. 

Not the way you’re thinking because unlike Nords, they were more than willing to use it against their enemies

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

This nigga in our group was playing commander the whole time, and we wiped again and again on banished cells 2, meanwhile combat metrics is telling me that I’mdoing most of the dps on the final boss myself. Finally after 8 wipes, he quits. I get a new dps in, we beat it first try XD 

Then looking at combat metrics I see I still got a third, almost half the dps again and the tank has the nerve to say “You did more dps than the last two combined”. 

Nigga

NO XD “when I’m successful in the game, it’s like I’m successful in life!“

I just like the nerve of some people. They wouldn’t be lying like that if they knew I run addons to tell me shit like that.

I just like to know how well I’m doing and if I need to improve.

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Stroud didn’t like that lol, said he hates the Nords being afraid of magic stuff but that is a good explanation

Not sure who Stroud is, but I don’t much care for the Nordic magic fear either. I want my runic witch warriors! XD Though I also think the magic fear is heavily exaggerated by the fanbase.

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Make sense, considering how reviled the College of Winterhold is. 

Only in the later 4th era because they are (very reasonably) suspected of causing the Great Collapse.

Edited by The Good Doctor
Didn’t read far enough.

I agree, but honestly they could’ve fixed this largely for me just by cutting out a particular bit of Lyris Titanborn dialogue. Without that, i wouldn’t have gotten the impression that they were especially weary of magic, especially with clever women and the antiquity place right there in Solitude.

I haven’t heard Lyris say it yet. I got that tidbit from a book I was reading.

But tbh I don’t really mind the weariness in Solitude anyway. Ironically, the more magical sorts of Nords, clever men, witch warriors, and whatnot, strike me as much more at home in the eastern Old Holds than in Solitude. Or the wilderness. The proximity to the violent witchmen of the Reach is definitely a good cause for the big city’s level of suspicion.