Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #29

Dead Pool- Who will not make it through chapter 4? (choose 3)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Deadest Characters Edition

• General Gracchus Ceno
    • Admiral Tacitus Meridius
    • High King Baldur Red-Snow
    • Boldir Iron-Brow
    • King Theodore Adrard
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Nahfahlaan
    • Ubbe the Savage

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ok it's probably bullshit lol XD The more I read it the more suspect it sounds.

Yeah, I called it quits about halfway through. It reads like an awkward hit piece and the author is keeping anonymous so I’m not giving it much credit. Anyone could have written that.

And not to stereotype, but purple hair. XD 

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ok it's probably bullshit lol XD The more I read it the more suspect it sounds.

If anything, Joe's only guilty of horrible pick ups lines and strategies XD 

I think he's innocent of sexual assault/harassment, but some of that stuff was cringey if true XD 

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

If anything, Joe's only guilty of horrible pick ups lines and strategies XD 

I think he's innocent of sexual assault/harassment, but some of that stuff was cringey if true XD 

Thats what I said XD Nigga tried to stunt maybe at most, and was kinda douchy and cringe, that I can see.

But bitch you didn't say you were taken till AFTER the hotel, cab, etc etc, and you DM'd him! Bish sit yo ass down.

Plus she was a youtuber apparently so yea I already assume she wants clout, especially "I knew who he was but didn't really know about him". 

Yea ok bish.

Plus, purple hair as doc said XD 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

On a more serious note, Chris Avellone was accused, and he admitted the accusations were all true. 

It looks like his admittance isn’t really how you make it sound here. He admits to hooking up with women, but not to sexually assaulting them.

"I never meant any harm to you, and I had thought things between us had ended well all up until seeing you off. That said, if I can't do anything to apologize for it, I understand, and there's nothing more to be done,"

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

On a more serious note, Chris Avellone was accused, and he admitted the accusations were all true. 

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/365244/Dying_Light_2_writer_Chris_Avellone_accused_of_sexual_assault_and_harassment.php

Obsidian has been vindicated. 

Such a shame. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It looks like his admittance isn’t really how you make it sound here. He admits to hooking up with women, but not to sexually assaulting them.

"I never meant any harm to you, and I had thought things between us had ended well all up until seeing you off. That said, if I can't do anything to apologize for it, I understand, and there's nothing more to be done,"

He sounded more pleading and apologetic on his twitter 

7ecdc389_o.png

It still sounds like an admission of guilt. 

Eh, it's less of an admittance and more of just an apology for... I guess what is to him, "her version" of the night.

I'm not saying I don't believe it but when you say he admitted it, I was expecting an "I'm guilty" plea basically. 

I dunno what to make of it just yet.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Pretty much this.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

7ecdc389_o.png

I dunno this could go either way. Maybe he does feel guilty but that doesn't mean he was actually trying to sexually assault someone. 

If other people tried to get him help then I want to hear what the witnesses have to say before deciding anything.

Things are especially fishy when alcohol is thrown in. Me personally, unless the drinks were drugged, what happens when both parties are drunk is between those two. Its not really rape, everyone needs to be responsible for their drinking. Social pressure to drink isn't literally being forced to consume alcohol, get blackout drunk, then get raped. 

People need to be more responsible.

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

To be honest, these don’t really change it for me at all. He said he tried to apologize if he hurt anyone. But none of what he wrote displays guilt of what he is being accused of, imo.

And apologies for these sorts of accusations are pretty much a requirement these days no matter how unfounded they are. That is, if you want to keep working in any major industry.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Because he’s famous?

In the article itself one of the accusers mentioned they were flattered he was even talking to him because of how much of a famous writer he was, and he seemed to use that influece and fame to get away with doing that stuff.  (If what they said about him was true)

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

In the article itself one of the accusers mentioned they were flattered he was even talking to him because of how much of a famous writer he was, and he seemed to use that influece and fame to get away with doing that stuff.  (If what they said about him was true)

They're making assumptions at best, and anyway using fame isn't an abuse of power, an abuse of power would be if he was their boss.