Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #17

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Saudia Arabia has replaced the Turks/Ottoman's as the villains of the middle east. 

Well Turkey's pretty villainous these days, too. Erdogan is not above wacking a political opponent, even abroad.

Interesting article on the guy who was killed. Essentially this was a fight between Islamists.

And then there's Pakistan, who might be hanging a woman this week because she (a Catholic) drank from the same water cup as the women she worked with. They objected and started a fight with her and then accused her of blasphemy. She's been in prison for eight years. Also a few years ago Pakistan rejected a proposal to ban child marriage because the law was considered "un-Islamic."

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Celan said:

Yeah, Chris Avellone tweeted something about how everyone always complains about Fallout changing but then end up enjoying it anyway and I'm like- no.

Negative, false, he’s just trying to give the series one final chance. I wish I could enjoy what they are doing with it, but I cant

Edited by Centurion

Fuck:dntknw:

As much as I love Avellone’s writing, characters, and attention to detail, I’ve always disliked his vision of the Fallout franchise post-New Vegas. Where Sawyer wanted to keep progressing the world forward and explore the nations and tribes that developed in the West, Avellone thought the world was getting too advanced and wanted wipe the slate clean with a second round of nukes to take out the NCR, Legion, Khans, etc and revert the world to a setting more like Fallout 1. You can see that reflected in Lonesome Road where one ending has everything but the Mojave getting nuked. If he had his way, that would be canon, and imo that’s not a very interesting road to go down.

I’m not surprised that he backs Bethesda's handling of the series, since they are all about making their games feel even more desolate and lifeless than Fallout 1. Though I’m sure Avellone would prefer something better thought-out in that setting than what Beth usually gives us.