Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #17

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

They shouldn’t have suffered at all yet. They should be cozy up in Control Station Enclave wondering how they’re going to make America great again.

"Brotherhood of what now?" ~Not Richardson 

"Weird dream I guess." ~Not Horrigan

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

They shouldn’t have suffered at all yet. They should be cozy up in Control Station Enclave wondering how they’re going to make America great again.

I mean...is it at least somewhat plausible that the Enclave might have send a group to establish a forward outposst in...North Virginia (for some reason...)?

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I mean...is it at least somewhat plausible that the Enclave might have send a group to establish a forward outposst in...North Virginia (for some reason...)?

From the oil rig? Not even remotely. They didn’t even interact with the mainland until years after FO76 takes place. It doesn’t line up with Fallout 2’s lore at all.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I guess it's plausible... by the time of and prior to Fallout 2 at the height of their power.

I could see it happening after Fallout 2, by Autumn’s group who established an outpost in Chicago and settled in DC, but no earlier than that. Their plan was to kill everyone on the mainland with an airborne virus, so sending their own people to the far side of the continent would’ve just been throwing their lives away.

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I could see it happening after Fallout 2, by Autumn’s group who established an outpost in Chicago and settled in DC, but no earlier than that. Their plan was to kill everyone on the mainland with an airborne virus, so sending their own people to the far side of the continent would’ve just been throwing their lives away.

I'm thinking only if they were successful.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

One of things that pretty much told me the Enclave would be in the game was the inclusion of Advanced Power Armor.

They already raped that lore in 2015. I didn’t take it as a sign of anything, myself. I just assumed the Enclave would be in because Bethesda have proven to have zero original thoughts when it comes to Fallout.

• Sad 1

Just now, Centurion said:

As far as I’m concerned it’s just as much fan fiction as our own RP.

Not to toot our horn, but I feel like we do a way better job sticking to the established lore. And at least the stuff we’ve made up has been really cool and interesting, unlike F76

• Like 1

Just now, BTC said:

Not to toot our horn, but I feel like we do a way better job sticking to the established lore. And at least the stuff we’ve made up has been really cool and interesting, unlike F76

100% agree.

seventy-dicks literally feels like I’m being stabbed in the back by my best friend. I feel like Obi-Wan when he watched Anakin ignite on Mustafar.

• Sad 1

Fuck:dntknw:

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I don't know I still like the idea about evil mole people XD

There’s a lot I like in 76. Which is why it is so frustrating that they’re fucking it up so badly.

3 minutes ago, BTC said:

Not to toot our horn, but I feel like we do a way better job sticking to the established lore.

Agreed. If nothing else, at least we don’t blatantly contradict it in big ways.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

There’s a lot I like in 76. Which is why it is so frustrating that they’re fucking it up so badly.

Agreed. If nothing else, at least we don’t blatantly contradict it in big ways.

I mean for the RP I guess we can just do the pick and choose thing we did for the TES one. Use stuff we like in 76 and forget the rest XD

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

These two could’ve been cool ass factions of the game wasn’t online and actually had npc’s and a story.

The Responders one is actually a really cool and realistic faction to exist in the early years after the bombs fell. It’s not at all hard to imagine EMS, firefighters, and local police working over time to help people in a rural setting after the word falls apart. Too bad they’re not in the fucking game.

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

this is just blatant disrespect and disregard to the fans of the series.

Yup. This is a bigger turn-off for me than the multiplayer, tbh. 

30 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yup. This is a bigger turn-off for me than the multiplayer, tbh.

Despite what the majority of fans think, Fallout multiplayer isn't a new thing. Hell if Bethesda grew some balls (alongside fucking creative minds) and had a Fallout multiplayer take place in the Midwest after Tactics, I'd buy that in a heartbeat...if done right.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar