Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #17

:vaultboy: I just spent fucking 48 hours trying to memorise the states in your god damned country :stare: Damn Civil War course. I didn't even know Nebraska (territory) was a place before this stuff...at least I think I aced it. Learning some super interesting stuff though, admittedly. Never knew some Union States we're slave States for example.

6 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

:vaultboy: I just spent fucking 48 hours trying to memorise the states in your god damned country :stare: Damn Civil War course. I didn't even know Nebraska (territory) was a place before this stuff...at least I think I aced it. Learning some super interesting stuff though, admittedly. Never knew some Union States we're slave States for example.

Canadians have a whole course in our Civil War? O.o That's weird.

Wiki has an interesting gif. If you want the full story, I recommend a book called American Nightmare: The History of Jim Crow and The Warmth of Other Suns to show how slavery extended itself after the war, and how states like Kansas and California had extreme discriminatory laws even though technically they were "free" states.

7 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

As much as I love Avellone’s writing, characters, and attention to detail, I’ve always disliked his vision of the Fallout franchise post-New Vegas. Where Sawyer wanted to keep progressing the world forward and explore the nations and tribes that developed in the West, Avellone thought the world was getting too advanced and wanted wipe the slate clean with a second round of nukes to take out the NCR, Legion, Khans, etc and revert the world to a setting more like Fallout 1. You can see that reflected in Lonesome Road where one ending has everything but the Mojave getting nuked. If he had his way, that would be canon, and imo that’s not a very interesting road to go down.

I’m not surprised that he backs Bethesda's handling of the series, since they are all about making their games feel even more desolate and lifeless than Fallout 1. Though I’m sure Avellone would prefer something better thought-out in that setting than what Beth usually gives us.

At least we got the the Fallout rp. Granted the shooting controls are over-complicated as it requires way too many button presses. The environment is unfinished and the graphics practically nonexistent. Though fast travel is easier and has less loading time. The dialogue is also more well written and more reactive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

So I have an impression on Black Ops 4, on one hand just die already goddamn. And on the other hey, zombies are fun again. I absolute hate the operators and the guns all feel the same with weird ass iron sights.

But my buddy paid for it and we share a Xbox home so Im not complaining, zombies storyline is stupid but the maps are fun. BO2's Origins in my opinion is where it ended nicely.

20 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Honestly very meh trailer. Kinda glad they aint spoiling shit though. 

One good thing about is it's 100 percent John's old actor. Glad they got him out of retirement. 

That was definitely the highlight. Though I liked it. Wasn’t expecting anything big with the game only a week away. 

You thought packs of two were bad? I haven't played a single game without the entire team running together and its so easy to be spawn trapped in this game.

The weapons are super unbalanced and the whole game devolves into 'who can spawn trap the other team first'.

Im not even going to talk about the battle royal mode, just playing that hurt my soul.

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I mean...the XOF soldiers doing gardening in MGS SUrvive we're worse lore rape, but this seems like a lot of reaching. I think they just want to include the BoS for rule of cool.

I love how Bethesda has a chance to give us a fresh Fallout game with a brand new type of setting, a unique objective (emerge and rebuild), and completely new factions.... And instead they actually managed to insert the BoS, super mutants, and probably even the damned Enclave into a game that takes place hundreds or thousands of miles from where any of those groups exist decades or centuries before they should even possibly be there. How original.

Roger Maxson with a fucking satellite. Like hell. And because of the no NPC rule, the BoS are all dead when we arrive, making their inclusion pointless anyway.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I love how Bethesda has a chance to give us a fresh Fallout game with a brand new type of setting, a unique objective (emerge and rebuild), and completely new factions.... And instead they actually managed to insert the BoS, super mutants, and probably even the damned Enclave into a game that takes place hundreds or thousands of miles from where any of those groups exist decades or centuries before they should even possibly be there. How original.

Roger Maxson with a fucking satellite. Like hell. And because of the no NPC rule, the BoS are all dead when we arrive, making their inclusion pointless anyway.

I think if Maxson had a fucking satellite, then the OG Brotherhood of Steel would have ended up alot stronger and bigger then it ended up becoming.

Honestly, so far, the best thing i'm seeing in the lore additions is all the new mutants, and how they we're much bigger before when it was closer to the detonations/.

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Honestly, so far, the best thing i'm seeing in the lore additions is all the new mutants, and how they we're much bigger before when it was closer to the detonations/.

All the best stuff I’ve seen has been borrowed from Interplay’s canceled Fallout 3, including some of the mutants.