Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #17

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Microtransactions and forced coop don't mix in my opinion XD

An npc following you on occasion isn’t forced co op and I never bothered with the micro transactions or felt I needed to.

In fact the game was a ton of fun, my only gripe is it wasn’t really scary except a few moments here and there. 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

And I’m always ok with the inclusion of co op in games if done well, which in this case I’d say it was.

Multiplayer however is different. And of course games like this lose a lot of the fear factor when you can play with a buddy, though it is still possible to have that element. They just didn’t here.

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

An npc following you on occasion isn’t forced co op and I never bothered with the micro transactions or felt I needed to.

In fact the game was a ton of fun, my only gripe is it wasn’t really scary except a few moments here and there. 

Eh it still feels really scummy, especially in a genre like Survival Horror, we're resource management is so important, when you no longer have to worry about conserving ammo when you can pay a dollar to get a hundred bullets. Takes the fear factor away by alot.

Wouldn't have minded if they did what they did in a spin off game, but oh well. 

I definitely didn’t like it’s inclusion for sure and that’s half the reason the game wasn’t scary. Overpowered guns, too much ammo and casuls could just buy resources.

But I’ve seen it implemented more poorly in other games. It at least wasn’t intrusive.

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Are you playing on Ragnorak? 

Indeed, still a noob so if youre about to tell me to go to Aberration, not happening yet :P Though I dont even have that dlc lol, friend of mine named Chris says Tijhan said he was getting it for my birthday.