Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #17

Anyway my states about to put another woman in office soon I bet, Katie Arrington. Survived a car wreck and breast cancer and she beat Sanford and kept going in the race after being severely injured while he was counting on her to bow out.

Meanwhile democrats are being slimy as ever saying she lied about her breast cancer as a rumor with no backing.

Easily gets my vote next month, chick is badass.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

12 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

At least white conservatives have other examples they can point to if they’re too bothered by Trumps behavior. Black conservatives don’t have many.

I will concede to the point that he brought attention to the “modern slavery” issue but the only real reason that was taken seriously was because T.I. after slamming Kanye said some of what he said did make sense and clarified why. 

If T.I. hadn’t done that, most people still wouldn’t have known about the “unless incarcerated” line, which indeed I myself wasn’t aware of until one of @Celan‘s friends brought it up.

Because most people were too busy cringing to care about what he was saying which is why appearances matter so much.

My friends, who?

For the record, I couldn't give a single fuck about Kanye or Taylor Swift or whatever other sideshow the media obsesses about. If you're "embarrassed" by him, you're putting far too much importance on him.

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

My friends, who?

For the record, I couldn't give a single fuck about Kanye or Taylor Swift or whatever other sideshow the media obsesses about. If you're "embarrassed" by him, you're putting far too much importance on him.

Well I’m far from the only one so that doesn’t bother me.

Your vegan friends husband.

edit: like I said, y’all don’t have to worry about it because you have plenty of respectable people representing your beliefs, and I do not.

I personally didn’t much care either until he brought up the topic of black men with conservative views.

51 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Meanwhile democrats are being slimy as ever saying she lied about her breast cancer as a rumor with no backing.

Your politicians make mine look mature. I almost never hear about personal attacks on political opposition. Instead they just like to point fingers and say everything wrong with the country is their opponents' fault somehow. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Your politicians make mine look mature. I almost never hear about personal attacks on political opposition. Instead they just like to point fingers and say everything wrong with the country is their opponents' fault somehow. 

Yep, our politicians are very dirty indeed. Both parties.

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Well I’m far from the only one so that doesn’t bother me.

Your vegan friends husband.

edit: like I said, y’all don’t have to worry about it because you have plenty of respectable people representing your beliefs, and I do not.

I personally didn’t much care either until he brought up the topic of black men with conservative views.

The media portrays all conservatives as nuts, racists, sexists, whatever. They're all still talking about how white conservative women are brainwashed by our men. You care about that, you're going to be tired of caring in a hurry.

This is the best article on our current political miasma than I've read in a long time.

https://spectator.us/2018/10/white-liberalism/

Points out that liberals rage so much because they assume their dominance in the media and entertainment industries has far more importance than it actually has. They think it means they should get to rule over everyone.

Trust me I’ve been following all the accusations and lies, but with every one you have someone you can point to and at least argue otherwise. Well known names too that aren’t mad rambling buffoons like Kanye.

Anyway like I said I’m not gonna shy away from my beliefs, conservative or otherwise for nobody.

It would still be nice to have a well known example to point to to show people black and democrat isn’t the only way to go. I sure as hell cant use Kanye’s incoherent ramblings for that.

Lol maybe I should run for office.

Well one thing to keep in mind is that the media is going to take the worst possible spin on everything. So I just read the transcript of what he was saying and I get it. He's saying the Thirteenth Amendment was crafted by people who had no stake in what they wrote, so they left a trap door in there with the phrase "except by imprisonment," and in context of Larry Hoover who's serving 6 consecutive life sentences in supermax. He's saying that incarceration is the new slavery. And as far as praising Trump, he was praising him as an industrialist and for getting things done. There's nothing wrong with that. He's not the most articulate, I'll give you that. Probably drug addled. But there IS sense to what he says, unlike the impression you get just from the media.

• Like 1

Just now, Celan said:

Well one thing to keep in mind is that the media is going to take the worst possible spin on everything. So I just read the transcript of what he was saying and I get it. He's saying the Thirteenth Amendment was crafted by people who had no stake in what they wrote, so they left a trap door in there with the phrase "except by imprisonment," and in context of Larry Hoover who's serving 6 consecutive life sentences in supermax. He's saying that incarceration is the new slavery. And as far as praising Trump, he was praising him as an industrialist and for getting things done. There's nothing wrong with that. He's not the most articulate, I'll give you that. Probably drug addled. But there IS sense to what he says, unlike the impression you get just from the media.

I got my impression from the video, definitely not CNN. And yea he made bits and pieces of sense here and there which is why I’m really glad T.I. came in and saved the point he was making since somewhere in that drug addled mind was a good point indeed.

But yea, we need someone more credible to be making these points.

I don’t even care about the red hat and hugging trump, I just don’t like how insane he seemed. The media really didn’t have to work hard to make it seem hysterical.

Rappers visited Obama all the time, nobody said boo. But the Democrats need to get black voters back into line, so that's why they're not talking about Kavanaugh anymore.

BTW my friend Rob isn't conservative, he's a pretty radical libertarian. They left NY state because of the gun laws.

30 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Yeah so I added it up last night and since I started drinking again (early August) I’ve been spending about $400 a month on alcohol. That’s about $200 per pay cycle.... that’s fucking ridiculous lol

If you put that money into a Roth IRA starting now, you could retire a millionaire.

15 minutes ago, Celan said:

If you put that money into a Roth IRA starting now, you could retire a millionaire.

I’ve got roth contributions in my tsp, but not that much. I think it’s at 5% base pay with the Army matching that 5%. Also I like to drink so not gonna happen lol

Fuck:dntknw:

2 hours ago, Celan said:

Rappers visited Obama all the time, nobody said boo. But the Democrats need to get black voters back into line, so that's why they're not talking about Kavanaugh anymore.

BTW my friend Rob isn't conservative, he's a pretty radical libertarian. They left NY state because of the gun laws.

They didn’t act like that. I mentioned that already multiple times anyway ;) 

I know he’s not conservative. Rofl that was pretty obvious.

Also, Kanye wasn’t gonna convince anyone to go from the democrats whether or not the media covered that meeting. Dude’s insane and says some really stupid shit for attention like the slavery thing. That it was a choice.

Thats another reason why I want him to just zip his mouth.

So trust me, just because the democrats are going ham on his ass doesn’t mean he’s doing you or anyone any favors.

Not every conservative minded individuals just a victim of the media. Kanye is just Kanye.

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Also, Kanye wasn’t gonna convince anyone to go from the democrats whether or not the media covered that meeting. Dude’s insane and says some really stupid shit for attention like the slavery thing. That it was a choice.

Thats another reason why I want him to just zip his mouth.

So trust me, just because the democrats are going ham on his ass doesn’t mean he’s doing you or anyone any favors.

Not every conservative minded individuals just a victim of the media. Kanye is just Kanye.

He doesn't need to do me any favors. The political opinions of celebrities don't interest me in the slightest. But as usual, the reporting is one sided and misleading, that's all.

10 minutes ago, Celan said:

But as usual, the reporting is one sided and misleading, that's all.

I didn’t even bother with most of the reporting on the video, I watched it myself, every painful second. That’s all you needed to see.

Trumps probably regretting that now because the news isn’t focusing on his big win with Kavanaugh, not Fox either. Which is indeed a shame but I don’t think it will effect him that much.

Dumb people that will be swayed by that fiasco were already voting democrat anyway and to everyone else, they have nothing else to offer but tearing others down.