Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #14

Declare your House.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Stark or Lannister?

• Lannister
    • Stark

http://invokingbees.tumblr.com/post/176611779264/i-can-appreciate-the-cowardice-i-have-that-too

http://colonel-killa-bee.tumblr.com/post/176612114005/invokingbees-colonel-killa-bee-invokingbees

So Shub Niggurath and Nyarlathotep's racist elements might actually just be coincidental. Shub is still in the wind for me but from what my buddy said here I can believe Nyarlathotep's just coincidental. The Devil being called the Black Man is true, and I can believe HP just nerded out over Pharaohs and wanted it in his writing like Balrog with roman shit XD 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

9 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That "Black Man" stuff still sounds pretty racist to me lol but if it was intended to be, it was before Lovecraft used it, and he obviously used it to let you know Nyarlathotep is what mankind calls "The Devil" in his stories.

Reading about my ancestors and the Salem Witch Trials, I noticed that the accusers mentioned a "black man" wearing black. It's doubtful that at the time, this had a racial element, but later on it did take on racist associations. For example, the woman who was the source of a lot of the legends, a South American native, was turned into a black woman in accounts in the 19th century like from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow or The Crucible by Arthur Miller.

So I wouldn't be too sure that even if the "black man" in early New England wasn't a racist thing, it didn't get used that way by later authors.

• Like 1

@Celan yea it’s possible, though there’s also a cat in one of his stories called “Nigger Man”, and no I’m not kidding lol so, theres still no doubt this dude was racist. 

But when he is being racist he tends not to be subtle about it, like with that shit.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Kinda mixed on Obama (overall, I kinda like him but eh), but as much legitimate complaints you could level against the dude, alot of it is seemingly because the dude's black. Pretty messed up considering we like to think we live in a new age.

We also hated Hillary because she’s a woman. 

10 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I don’t like him as a president, but yea, Obama couldn’t get away with half the shit Trump did.

Depends on the shit. President Trump can pay off hookers without losing support. President Obama could fart in a quiet room without most of the media eating him alive. It balances out.

I don’t think there’s anything the media could do to Trump at this point, farts or not lol, but half the reason for that is because they Shot themselves in the foot with their bias for Hillary.

However, even Fox has been criticizing him lately but lol no one cares.

But a lot of shit his supporters criticized Obama for, they just throw a blind eye to like this gun stuff and his wishy washiness.

He gets away with shit now because everyone who voted for him knew what he was going into it. The media screws up a lot by assuming that revealing news of Trump saying something that they deem offensive is going to shock and outrage his voters, as if we didn’t know who he was when we went to the polls. People have known for decades, and they voted for him in spite of that. It’s like throwing dirt at a mound of dirt.

President Obama was cleaner, at least by reputation. Unlike Trump, he presented himself as an upstanding and unscandalous family man, and so that’s what people voted for. That’s why he (presumably) couldn’t get away with things that Trump does. They didn’t vote for it in his case, so it’s like throwing dirt on a mound of snow.

So my favorite memory in the Army so far actually comes from the worst thing I’ve had to do in the Army, Lightning Forge, and basically the whole company +100 people where posted up in a building and we where all resting and my whole squad, that’s SSG Smith (Squad leader), SGT Kleinshmidt( Team leader), SGT Roller(Team Leader), Kidd, Jones, Alvarado, Gonzo, and myself all start singing in unison “You are, my fire
The one, desire
Believe, when I when I say
I want it that way” basically we get through the whole song and the Platoon Sergeant SFC (E7) Gonzalez walks in the little L-shaped room we where packed inside like a can of sardines (like I was smashed up against the wall and Gonzo’s dick was an inch away from my butt and my and roller kept playing footsie) right as we get to an “I want it that way” and he sings much louder than the rest of us, but is saying “WHY ARE YALL SO FUCKING GAY” and just laughs and walks out lol but yeah we had the whole company listening to us :rofl: :rofl:

• Haha 2

Fuck:dntknw:

15 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

But a lot of shit his supporters criticized Obama for, they just throw a blind eye to like this gun stuff and his wishy washiness.

The gun stuff is hard to compare. It was a single bad comment from Trump that his entire party stood against vs a hell of a lot more from lots of Democrats.

But I sure as fuck didn’t throw a blind eye to it, and I know lots of others who didn’t either. People will probably forget since it was a stupid comment that never got pursued through policy or even further comments, but it shook me enough to say I’m not a Trump man, so it did stick for some.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Wait Trump wants to fuck his daughter?!

Yeah man. He tried to pay her for sex on four separate occasions but she kept turning him down. :P 

He actually just said that his daughter is an attractive woman and worded it poorly in an effort to be funny, and people ran with it because of course they did.